any success stories and pics of women over 50??

Options

Replies

• Citygal212
    Citygal212 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Doinitin2015
    Doinitin2015 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love this thread seeing us over 50 ladies which I need some advice on hw you did it specifically calories that worked for most of yoy I seem to be struggling with what amount will work..... Any thoughts would love to hear from you!
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Tagging for future reread...
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and have lost 68 (or so) pounds since December 2013. I'm not to goal yet, but this is an idea of where I've been and where I am.

538409c3-8f49-48fe-adc8-02af4ee02498.jpg

September 2012, September 2013, early December 2013
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! In fact, all of your look so great - and I can see how proud you are in your smiles. I am 53 and will be losing 20-30 lb by summer. I am working with a nutritionist. I am also a tight 14 and used to be a loose 10. If I could go to that size, it would be wonderful! I thank you all for posting your successes. It's nice to see everyone's success, of course, but for those of us coping with the "wonders of aging," it's GREAT to see that it CAN be done!!!

:happy:
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    I will be 52 in April, and hopefully at goal by then. I have about 20 pounds to go.

6s7tck.jpg

11188za.jpg

You look absolutely awesome! Congratulations!
  • teetime304
    teetime304 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiring group of ladies. Kudos to everyone for their successful journey and providing pictorial motivation. I'll be 55 in a couple of days and my body has changed for the worse. The bad habits of over eating, under exercising and as someone else said, wine with every dinner, have taken their toll. It's encouraging to see the transformation . The 50s are the new 30s!

Congrats on you're success!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You ladies are fabulous!!! I am in awe.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I need to share this. I am 53, fit and feel full of life. No way do I feel like I will be old and ready to die in 30 years. I am not willing to accept that fate, at least not without a fight. I MAY be willing to accept life's limitations when I am 90, then I may be limited.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wonderful thread! I just went through menopause and gained about 15 pounds last year. I've always been one who went up and down the same 10 to 15 pounds, but now I have about 25 to lose and I just dont' have any energy, etc.. Also, most of my clothes don't fit and I'm dead set against buying another larger size!

I'm glad to see so many successful ladies in my age group! You are all an inspiriation! I'm re-dedicating to logging in MyFitnessPal and eating better! Keep the successes coming, I need all of the motivation I can get! :-)
  • L_Cass
    L_Cass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sign me up to this group! I just turned 50 last October, went through menopause (6 months into it right now) and gained 12 pounds! yikes! Your stories are so inspirational - I feel encouraged that if I just keep plugging away I will reach my goals. Thank you for sharing your success stories. I look forward to being one of them!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Jo: You look beautiful. You look like what I'd like to look like when I'm older.
  • karleigh55
    Options
    So many inspiring stories. I am 56 and lost 100 pounds seven years ago. I have gained 30 and it freaks me out because I am so scared that the scale will keep going up. I have also been going through menopause and just recently started bio-identical hormone therapy. I have hypothyroidism as well. Anyway the menopause made me so tired and I stopped working out, then I started eating badly and voila I'm 30 pounds up. I lost 100 pounds previously by cutting back and staying away from sweets for the most part. I did interval training (aerobics and weights) at least three days a week and floor exercises as well. I am a slug right now! I got on fitness pal and lost 10 pounds without exercise and then over the holidays put it all back on. I am so mad at myself. I know we aren't supposed to beat ourselves up but there you have it - I'm pissed at me!!! I know what I need to do but am having a hard time sticking to it this time. Again I am inspired by all of you. I am going to get serious again. Eating 1200 calories is not starvation and I can do it. I just need to stay away from refined carbs because they seem to spur my appetite. Anyway nice to know that there are ladies out there around my age to help me remember how it's done. Thanks!!!
  • karleigh55
    Options
    Also not sure is this is a group but if it is I want to join but don't know how.
  • nuday813
    nuday813 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you all! You look great!
    Bump-and keep those pics coming:drinker:
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am turning 50 in April.... almost there . I am excited, but yes, this weight is pretty stubborn. But its going ever so slowly .This thread is an inspiration. Hopefully I will be posting a few pics here in the next few months, I want to be a success story too.. Thanks all
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and have lost 68 (or so) pounds since December 2013. I'm not to goal yet, but this is an idea of where I've been and where I am.

538409c3-8f49-48fe-adc8-02af4ee02498.jpg

September 2012, September 2013, early December 2013
    I assume you mean Dec of 2012 or 2011? Regardless, WELL DONE!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of before and after pics of younger women..and they are beautiful! just wondering how much a woman's over 50 body can change! My over 50 body certainly has changed..but not for the better :( ! thanks!

I am 60!!! My body is better than at 25... honestly, what the Russian kettlebell does for a woman's body is AMAZING!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!