What do you eat for breakfast while pressed for time?

Options
124»

Replies

• tom0018
    tom0018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I make my own breakfast sandwiches and freeze them. You can grab Jimmy Dean's at the store….English muffin, egg white, canadian bacon and cheese for 210 calories. I find they have more carbs and sodium than I'd like. I use whole wheat rounds instead of the muffin, then add lean ham, canadian bacon, or turkey sausage, egg whites, and light cheese. Freeze em and reheat the same way you would the store bought items and they are tasty and ready in about 2 mins. Most are under 200 calories and I can eat them on the drive to work if I need to.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    This takes a lil time and I have no idea how "healthy" it actually is but I slice a red potatoe or two (generally winds up being a tater and a half because I'm finiky and don't like certain parts) and put in the microwave for about 5 mins while brushing my teeth and hair. Once done I mash with a potatoe masher, dash with cayenne and top with two eggs. I put this new coconcotion back in the microwave for about two mins which is generally long enough to change clothes. I like my egg(s) runny for then after it has been cooked I can stir good and don't need butter, etc. I then eat once I get to my desk at work. If it is a day off, I add diced asapragus or brocoli or whatever is in the house. Norm it keeps me nice and full til late lunch.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how many people would actually eat this, but I have it all the time (grew up with it in Belarus). A slice of Russian bread, a little butter and about 40-50g of salmon roe with a cup of green tea. It's my favorite breakfast of all time and takes no time to make.
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I make oatmeal or have some fruit as I'm running out the door sometimes. Other times I get an egg white flatbread from Dunkin, which fits in somewhat with the way I'm eating. Other times I don't eat breakfast and then end up regretting it. I'm not really a yogurt person, but that would be good as well.
  • shanebovee
    shanebovee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with someone else, I like eating hard boiled eggs, pretty easy to make up ahead of time, and you can eat it on the go :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Are you on a low carb diet? I typically eat more carbs, with some protein, pre-workout ( I am on Eat to Perform) than the rest of the day.

Maybe just eat the oatmeal and drink a protein shake or eat a banana and hardboiled eggs.

Your trainer is a trainer, not a nutritionist, correct? How are your macros overall? Do you feel full for a long time? Are you having a sugar crash? Are you meeting your overall protein goals? If you feel good, your workouts feel "fueled," and you are meeting your overall protein goals, maybe listen to your body...
  • china_rider
    Options
    I'm doing keto... so low carbs. For a quick go to breakfast I'll take 1/2 a sliced pealed cucumber with cream cheese and red pepper flakes.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm doing keto... so low carbs. For a quick go to breakfast I'll take 1/2 a sliced pealed cucumber with cream cheese and red pepper flakes.

That sounds like a delish late night snack! Yum!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I have Total Lean Shake Strawberry & Cream 14oz from GNC 170 calories 6 carbs 6 fat 25 protein 3 fiber Taste great keeps me full till lunch!
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas -

My favorite is protein powder (whey for me) in my coffee. Powder in first, add a bit of coffee to cover, walk away a minute (gather stuff to leave?) come back, stir like nuts, add coffee, stir, fill up with coffee. Add lid - run. Quick, easy and includes protein and caffeine - my 2 top food groups right now.

I'm going to steal a lot of ideas now by reading back through these... super question OP
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the Jimmy Deans, but I like your idea and I am going to try it this week. Thanks!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have hard boiled eggs in baggies ready to go in the fridge. Stonyfield has bottled yogurt smoothies I like to take in the car. Protein bars
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I make a batch of the Biggest Loser Blueberry bran muffins and freeze them. I have one each morning with a piece of fruit and they fill me up till lunch. They are just grab and go! You can take one out the night before to defrost or just pop in the micro at work.
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, banana and breakfast biscuits. This is my every weekday morning pre/post gym breakfast!