What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you should make breakfast OR lunch the biggest meal of the day. I usually have greek yogurt for breakfast, sometimes an egg mcmuffin. Then at about 10-10:30, I'll have a chocolite protein bar (www.healthsmartfoods.com) for the protein and fiber.

If strawberries do it for you in the morning, and you're not hungry, then it shouldn't be a problem. Go with what works until it doesn't work any more.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    When I have a breakfast meal (I usually don't eat until 11 or so) I tend to rely on English muffins, eggs, and some kind of meat (bacon, ham, sausage) as my go-to. I dress it up and down, make it lighter or heavier, or sometimes switch it up... but those three things are my breakfast choices 90% of the time.

I go through phases where breakfast foods appeal to me and phases where they don't. I never worry about eating breakfast foods or at a breakfast time; I'm not hungry in the mornings and I lose weight faster/have more energy for work if I do a modified IF routine that doesn't include a morning meal. As long as you hit your nutrition targets it doesn't really matter when you it or how you divide your goals.
  • Charlenemon
    Options
    Today I had greek yogurt with strawberries mixed in, a banana on the side, and grabbed two clementines after as well, as I had my breakfast late due to having to have a fasted blood test. :) I love a lot of sweetness in the morning, and find the greek yogurt helps me stay full
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Not a huge breakfast fan here either. I usually have just a dannon light and fit greek yogurt at about 10 AM.
  • Sabby888
    Sabby888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a fried egg on toast... Mmmmmm!
  • JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I usually have:

25g of cornflakes
    10g of flax seed
    20g of cranberries
    10g of dark chocolate splitters
    10g of nut splitters
    150ml of low fat milk
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you're not hungry, and you can make it to lunch without having a junk food attack (healthy snacks are fine if they fit within your calorie goals), then I would say don't worry about it.

I eat 2 hard-boiled eggs and a banana. If I have oatmeal, I have 1/2 or 3/4 cup, very little on the side, if anything. I often have an apple for a snack around 10 am, but if I don't, I'm fine until lunch. By the time lunch rolls around, I'm hungry, but not starved.

You could always play around with a heavier breakfast and see if it makes a difference for you. But ultimately, do what works for you.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I drink lots and lots of coffee, and around 1 this afternoon I'm planning on having Bacon sandwiches and homemade tomato soup since that will be my first meal of the day, that's my breakfast.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This has been my menu for the past 2 days.

1st Breakfast: 50g Havrefras, 2dl light milk.
    Workout
    2nd Breakfast: 2 slices of bread, cream cheese, 4 slices of lunch meat, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to go read through all these posts again but I believe this forum was where I saw someone mix peanut butter with oatmeal. As I'm adamant that I need peanut butter in the morning or my day is not complete, I tried this this morning. I mixed 1tbsp PB with lower sugar brown sugar and maple oatmeal and some frozen blueberries on the side. Best. Breakfast. Ever.
  • fitsummer2014
    Options
    Hmmm...either:

- boiled eggs and smoked salmon on toast or other healthy spreads
    - oatmeal with banana and pb..
    - weetabix w/ skimmed milk..
    - crisp breads with avocado and tomato slices..
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Three inch flatbread with egg white, pepperjack cheese, spinach and banana peppers.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I get hungriest at night and that is when I tend to over eat (even if I eat a hearty big breakfast) so I like to save more calories for my dinner time and maybe a little snack or dessert. I usually eat 1 egg with 1 or 2 eggwhites, piece of low-cal wheat toast or a wheat free waffle (trader joes), tbs of peanut butter and maybe some fruit. I try to keep my breakfast between 250-300 calories.
  • Whambam087
    Options
    Oatmeal made with vanilla almond milk and peanut butter--yummy! And a cup of coffee with creamer.
  • andreaamak
    andreaamak Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually have overnight oats with whatever berries I have on hand and lots of coffee. Keeps me full all morning
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Oh, this morning was quick oats with peanut butter and a chocolate Graham cracker sheet. ♡
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Egg, cheese, and avocado sandwich on Arnold sandwich Thins Naturals 100% Whole Wheat, Flax & Fiber rolls SWEET JESUS IT WAS DELICIOUS!!:bigsmile:

^^^This sounds awesome.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Flatbread sausage sandwich. So yummy and 240 cals and easy. I know it's processed but much better than some of the other options out there!
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    During the week, I have 1 1/2 cup oat meal with fruit. The weekends two egg vegetable omelette with fruit. I have been told that lunch should be the largest meal. For me, sometimes it is and sometimes it's not.