15 litres of water a day. Your thoughts?

Options
124»

Replies

• BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk. Processed milk anyway. Has too much sugar plus im lactose intolerant. Milk is not water. You can not replace water with milk. The human body is not made of milk.
    It is, however, almost 90% water. My body isn't made of a lot of the things that I eat though, so what do I know?
    please show me where you got this 90% number from. Highly exaggerated figure.
    University of Illinois good enough?

"Cow milk is about 87% water, so the transport of milk from the dairy farm involves hauling considerable amounts of water."
    http://classes.ansci.illinois.edu/ansc438/milkcompsynth/milkcomp_water.html
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This study is based of RAW milk. Not processed milk you buy from the supermarket. There is a big difference. Unless you are drinking raw milk (which i doubt because it's illegal in most developed countries), this study is not applicable here.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options
    This study is based of RAW milk. Not processed milk you buy from the supermarket. There is a big difference. Unless you are drinking raw milk (which i doubt because it's illegal in most developed countries), this study is not applicable here.
    Pray tell, where does it say that it's based on raw milk?

How about this data from Cornell University, detailing the water content of different varieties of processed milk?

For every 244 g (8 oz serving) of milk:

Whole (3.25 % fat): 215.50 g is water (88%)
    Reduced Fat (2% fat): 217.97 g is water (89%)
    Lowfat (1% fat): 219.4 g is water (90%)
    Skim: 222.56 g is water (91%)

http://www.milkfacts.info/Nutrition Facts/Nutrient Content.htm#NCTWater

Where are you getting this idea that milk is low in water content?
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    Pray tell, where does it say that it's based on raw milk?

How about this data from Cornell University, detailing the water content of different varieties of processed milk?

For every 244 g (8 oz serving) of milk:

Whole (3.25 % fat): 215.50 g is water (88%)
    Reduced Fat (2% fat): 217.97 g is water (89%)
    Lowfat (1% fat): 219.4 g is water (90%)
    Skim: 222.56 g is water (91%)

http://www.milkfacts.info/Nutrition Facts/Nutrient Content.htm#NCTWater

Where are you getting this idea that milk is low in water content?

I never brought up the fact that milk was low in water content. I purely said you cannot replace water, ACTUAL water with milk on a daily basis. You can have your 90% water figure, im not afraid to admit i was wrong. But I know for a fact that putting milk into my body would leave me dehydrated.
    And for the previous study: Milk from the utter is raw milk.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    Options
    And for the previous study: Milk from the utter is raw milk.
    It never specified that the figure referred to raw milk, or "from the udder".

Anyway... the point was that drinking a gallon of milk in a short amount of time will make the person vomit it almost immediately. That was the point. It was a joke, and sadly, it went awry. I invite you to challenge a friend to drink a gallon of milk in 30 minutes, though. It's quite fun to watch. Don't do it in your house, though.
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    Anyway... the point was that drinking a gallon of milk in a short amount of time will make the person vomit it almost immediately. That was the point. It was a joke, and sadly, it went awry. I invite you to challenge a friend to drink a gallon of milk in 30 minutes, though. It's quite fun to watch. Don't do it in your house, though.

I agree, things would get nasty. The original comment just seemed like you were actually suggesting replacing water with milk. Glad we cleared this up.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    But I know for a fact that putting milk into my body would leave me dehydrated.

Lol.
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bro, I climbed the Great Wall of china for 5 hours in Mid-July, no clouds and only drank 3 liters of water that day. Wtf, how the hell can you consume that much water in one day?
  • Aaliantha
    Options
    I've been doing quite a lot of research on drinking too much water as I have been drinking approx 10 litres a day for the past 15 years and gaining a lot of weight. I have to pee about 20 times a day. You shouldn't be peeing more than 4 - 6 times a day and shouldn't drink any more than 2 litres of fluid (water or other) a day. I found this article very informative.

http://butterbeliever.com/8-reasons-not-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/

I think I have finally worked out why I have such a slow metabolism and have gained so much weight. I have basically slowed down my metabolism to the point of no longer functioning all due to the amount of water I drink.

Starting today, I am limiting myself to 2 litres. I hope this will start to repair my metabolism.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    so for those of us not on the metric system, this is 4 gallons. Way too much...?
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    this

I think the OP has mistaken the size of his bottle

many men have this issue

I laughed so hard at this ty :laugh:
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    my thoughts? I'd need to be hardwired to the loo! Seriously, when I tried doing the 2 litres a day thing I ended up needing the bathroon every few minutes or so - 15 litres? The stream out would be as steady as the stream in!