ME? LOSE 100 POUNDS? Impossible, but I did it!

Replies

• BritBrit515
    BritBrit515 Posts: 18 Member
    You look amazing! Your story brought tears of happiness to my eyes for you! You are such an inspiration to everyone reading who may be thinking they can't accomplish their goals. I am so happy for you, you look so happy. Keep up the good work, and keep believing in yourself!
  • sriley7682
    sriley7682 Posts: 48 Member
    WONDERFUL! Congratulations on taking your life back.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Oh my gosh Rose, YOU ARE MY HERO! Truly. I have been following your posts and reading your story again today has put a fire under me that I can feel. I too, am a fat granny (right now) but I have changed my mind and I believe my body will follow. I have bad knee's, one with a re-torn Meniscus and the other I fell on it in July and it is still numb and painful even though the Doc's said that there is nothing wrong.

BUT ~ this is my year! I will not stand by and let this bring me down. I started working out at the YMCA and using the pool, I love the pool. I join a weight loss challenge group and started using MFP again. I am already down 3 lbs!

Thank you for your story!
    Congrats on the new knee's!!

Melissa :flowerforyou:
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Success story is an understatement! You did it! I'm SO proud of you for overcoming unhealthy eating habits and getting back into exercise! I'm glad to have come across this today!
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    That is fantastic! Well done!!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Misty eyed. What an achievement. What a life! I too am an unwed mother, but things are far easier for us nowadays, thank God.

I hope you enjoy every minute of being slim and lovely. I hope you splash out on some frivolous clothes purchases!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    AMAZING STORY,SO PROUD OF YOU
  • dianahoo
    dianahoo Posts: 23 Member
    Lovely. Truly lovely. Thank you for being today's inspriation.
  • miya265
    miya265 Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for posting ur pics!!!! I just needed the inspiration! I am new to MFP and u are a big motivation.Congrats!!!
  • mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Honest to goodness - You ARE an inspiration - and I need an inspiration today - Thanks!!
  • Belinda170
    Belinda170 Posts: 23 Member
    Your story made me cry, because I identify with so much of it. I am 37, and I want to get to the 170's. I would like to spend my prime years being someone who really is vibrant and healthy. Thank you for writing this, and congratulations!
  • eml298
    eml298 Posts: 70 Member
    That's what I call perseverance and determination! Good for you - what an inspiration! :)
  • gmsanderson
    gmsanderson Posts: 8 Member
    Awesome!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Fantastic!!!! Thank you for your honesty and sharing yourself with us!! You should be so proud!!
  • WOW CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR STORY BECAUSE IT IS SUCH AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO ME BECAUSE I HAVE100 PLUS TO LOSE AND SOME TIMES IT CAN BE OVERWHELMING SOME TIMES SO THANK YOU AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
  • PolarPurple
    PolarPurple Posts: 11 Member
    Congratulations ! You are an inspiration for me !!
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Congratulations, this is one of the most incredible and inspiring stories I have read on here.
  • Mariannemercy
    Mariannemercy Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for posting. Very inspiring and you look great. :)
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    What an amazing story! You look so healthy and young! Congratulations! We put so many barriers in our own way and give ourselves so many excuses why we "can't". Your barriers were very real - but you overcame them and look at the results. We can all learn so much from your experience! Thank you for sharing it.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Welcome and happy that your surgery was such a success Rose!!! I was thinking of you since I remembered that you were to get new knees before Christmas.

Congratulations and time to start dancing besides swimming. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!