What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• serenity56
    serenity56 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    2 of our free-range eggs, a flour tortilla, and some salsa.
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I need a bigger breakfast or im super hungry all day. I've experimented with lower calorie breakfasts and higher calorie, and I do much better with a bigger breakfast. But everyone is different.

During the week I have oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, toast. On the weekends I premake protein pancakes and steel cut oatmeal and freeze it and take it out the night before I want it.

On the weekends, i often have eggs, turkey bacon, toast.

I typically eat 500-600 calories at breakfast and im good til lunch!
  • sashatait
    Options
    I usually have cereal (90-100g) or 2 pieces of toast or very occasionally pancakes (made with wholemeal flour and very little sugar) that I eat with yogurt. I generally eat 350-550 calories at breakfast.

I eat breakfast because I think it is crucial. With breakfast time being anyway between 7-8am and dinner the night before being around 6pm (I have young kids) that means my body has over 12 hours of no food. In order for my body and brain to function properly, my body needs a fresh intake of nutrients and energy. Also having breakfast helps reduce the incidence of developing diseases like diabetes etc.

Eat as much as your body needs. You'll know if it is enough because if it isn't, you'll be starving way before lunch and having some fruit or small snack doesn't counter the need for food.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I usually shoot to eat between 300 and 350 calories for breakfast. I try to eat a balance of good carbs and protein. I am trying to avoid yeast, wheat, and a ton of added sugar. One day I will eat steel cut oats with almond milk, coconut sugar and vanilla with an egg and a piece of fruit. Another day I will have a protein shake with a banana and almond butter. Another day I have hot flaxseed cereal with fruit, nuts/sunflower seeds and almond milk along with a poached or over easy egg. Sometimes I have plain vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit and gluten free granola mixed in, or an omelet with fresh veggies and a side of fruit. I also found this great recipe for crustless quiche made in a muffin pan. I make a bunch of them ahead of time and throw them in the microwave throughout the week.
  • Amiwil
    Amiwil Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had a serving of steel cut oats with a half cup of blueberries this morning. I've also made myself a smoothie out of a half cup yogurt, cup frozen raspberries, and a cup of frozen peaches or mangoes. Egg white omelettes made with 5 eggs is good too with a brown rice cake for crunch and some milk.
  • kathleenjoyful
    kathleenjoyful Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    A muesli made of nuts and seeds and chia seeds, soaked overnight, I add hemp protein powder, Chobani yoghurt, cacao and maca powder, and some frozen berries or fruit. That and a long black coffee with some organic skim meal, comes out at over 500 calories.

Or soft boiled eggs on buttered rye toast.

Or a banana, peanut butter, yoghurt, milk, honey smoothie with some hemp protein powder and chia seeds thrown in, this is usually around 700 calories and a weekend breakfast if I'm leaving the house early and will be out for hours and may not be able to stop for lunch.

Always coffee.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My favorite is low-carb pancakes. If I ever stop doing low-carb, I will still eat these. They taste like a cross between crepes, pancakes, and French toast.

2 eggs
    2 oz Neuftchatel cheese (softened in microwave for 15-20 seconds)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp Splenda (or preferred sweetener)

Beat with electric mixer on high speed until creamed. Pour in quarter-cup sized portions onto a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook like regular pancakes.

I top mine with salted butter and Walden Farms Pancake Syrup. YUM!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hi, Fellow Buckeye!

In the winter, I eat oatmeal. I boil 3/4 c. water and 1/4 c. milk. You can add salt but I never do. When it's bubbling, add 1/4 c. raisins and 1/2 c. one-minute oatmeal. Simmer it for a couple minutes. I add honey or brown sugar or apple butter once it's in the bowl. It keeps me pretty full until lunchtime.

In the summer I eat a bowl of Cheerios or a bowl of Rice Krispies and a quarter-cup of milk, usually with a banana.

(Yes, I know I'm boring)

I think that "breakfast is the most important meal" is a bunch of hooey, but I happen to like breakfast and always wake up hungry.