Your typical breakfast?

Options
I love hearing about people's favorite/ everyday meals:)

My breakfast "formula" is protein+fruit+ good fat. For example, a cup of lowfat vanilla yogurt with a cup of fresh fruit and 1/4 cup of nuts or a banana egg pancake cooked with coconut oil and nut butter topping. Or simply a smoothie.

If I can't eat like this, I usually have a whole wheat food and eggs.

What is your usual breakfast?

Replies

• jennyxoheff
    jennyxoheff Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Lean Turkey Pepperoni sticks from Costco. I chop two up, throw them in the skillet with some eggs and coconut oil (not overly concerned with eating 'just' the whites, so, typically two eggs) and spinach (two big handfuls, which wilts pretty quickly) and top with some sirracha.

:) Curious to see others B-fasts ideas too!
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have never liked breakfast. I'm never hungry, and some foods to early hurt my stomach. Like multi-vitamins? For some reason I can take them later, but not early in the day or I want to throw up.

My typical breakfast is a slim fast shake, and a boiled egg for protein.

Sometimes it is oatmeal made with milk.

A healthy cereal.

A shake of veggies and fruit, or just veggies.

My breakfasts tend to be quick and easy since it is not a meal I enjoy.
  • Fitnessman168
    Fitnessman168 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Usually a bowl of cereal with milk a piece of fruit and sometimes an egg. I'm not a huge breakfast person either.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 1 serving of steel cut oats with hemp and chia seeds added (usually cooked with pureed pumpkin), green tea w/honey, and a chicken sausage on lifting days.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I mix it up between a few standards.

1: Cereal with a cut-up banana added, 1 cup whole milk, Greek Yogurt (generally Chobani fruit-on the bottom)
    2: Egg sandwich (2 pieces bacon, egg fried in bacon grease, cheddar or American cheese, English muffin), with either fruit or Greek yogurt
    3: Pancakes with syrup with a side of bacon (this is generally a weekend thing, unless I am eating leftovers)

Sometimes I do a "McGriddle" style egg sandwich and use pancakes instead of the English muffin.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Usually egg - either poached or scrambled - and toast. Or porridge.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I either have baked old-fashioned oats with nut butter and almond milk along with a piece of fruit OR a veggie burrito, usually mushrooms, onions, spinach with veggie slices (i.e. fake cheese), veggie refried beans and coconut yogurt or actual sour cream in a whole grain tortilla. YUM! :drinker:
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Weekdays - an omelette with 1 egg, 1 slice of pancetta, 1 tbsp of parmesan, and 1/2 a cup of whatever greens I have on hand.

Weekends - half a pack of bacon, a big slice of sourdough, and 2 scrambled eggs.

I'm not very hungry in the morning so on weekdays I save my calories for lunch and dinner. On weekends I eat more because I go hiking right after breakfast, and I'm pretty sure I'd keel over after about 5 minutes if I tried doing that with nothing in me but a sad 97 calorie omelette.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Lots of coffee. With sweet, flavored creamer (current fav: Int Delight - Almond Joy). Maybe some light yogurt. Maybe an English muffin. Sometimes no food. But always, always coffee. Sometimes too much.
  • ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    usually eggs and a fruit smoothie under 450 calories
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Today i had 2 scrambled eggs with 2 turkey sausage links= 205 calories
    Also love to have: greek plain yogurt/berries/handful Special k cereal on top for crunch
    1/2 whole wheat english muffin with PB/banana
    eggo whole grain waffle with berries or PB
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I usually go for something quick and easy, so it's usually oats, 2 Weetabix, Fruit & Fibre or similar.

When I have time, I'll have anything I fancy... like a good full English breakfast. Bacon, egg, black (blood) pudding, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, sausages, beans and toast... with a side of fruit juice and a proper cup of tea.
  • Reevsie123
    Reevsie123 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    45g of Jordan's granola I then add flaked almonds, pumpkin seeds, cranberrys and flex seed add to 70ml of almond milk
    1 multi vitamin with iron & my daily cod liver oil tablet
    I eat after my morning workout as I can't face it before, I train at 06:30 and eat at 7:30 - keeps me going until lunch
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    If I'm not being lazy and actually get up earlier than when I need to get ready and go to work, then it'll be either scrambled eggs, a bowl of cereal, or some toast with peanut butter on it.

I've never really been a big breakfast eater. But man my stomach lets me have it when I skip it.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bacon, bacon, and more bacon ;)

usually I skip breakfast though, or blend some butter and coconut oil in my coffee.
  • lleaka
    lleaka Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is: steel cut oats with some almond milk or homemade coconut milk.I may add some banana slices or some almonds.
    Sometimes i like to drink some coffee n milk with a bagel plus a little bit of butter or some almond cocoa butter.
  • LReReed
    LReReed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If I wake up early enough, I make a spinach and turkey sausage casserole with egg whites.

Just saute spinach, turkey sausage, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a pan. Pour it in a oven-safe dish. Pour egg whites on top and throw in oven for 30 min. On 350. I let it cook while I'm getting ready for work and take it with me to eat on the job.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    95% of the time it is 2 hard boiled eggs.
    I might through an orange or other fruit in there.

If I go out (usually I don't) it is an omlet with pepperjack cheese onion and green pepper with homefries (clearly I don't go out often)
  • naomijuliette96
    naomijuliette96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    almost always have either oatmeal with a tbsp of peanut butter in it, or I have greek yogurt w/ honey and walnuts!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I usually have crunchy raisin bran with 2% milk, a banana, & two cups of coffee - one at home with a flavored creamer [lately it's been the last of my pumpkin spice creamer] & one I take with me to class with fat free half & half.