any starting Jillian Micheals 30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Just take the 5 second breaks as jillian advises. She also says if your not being sick broken something or passed out push through. You can do it. Last time I did it I had to sit for 15 minutes after I finished before I could drag myself for shower. It gets easier very quickly.
  • earndien
    earndien Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    who does it every day or how many time must you do it a week
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started it on the 6th. We skipped a day here and there and are on day 10 tonight. It's a great workout.
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 8 today, like some others I do it after kids are tucked up in bed! i've been really impatient and weirdly enjoying it so haven't taken a day off, but I have start of a cold today so may take a night off later...
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I've done it before.. if you stick to the entire workout (and quality food intake) for 30 days, you will see a difference!

I'm starting it today again, feel free to add me
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've started today, if any one wants to add me for support, I'm planning on doing it for the full 30 days no breaks, hopefully :)
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 4 today.
    I was going to skip today, but had a cherry danish for breakfast, so felt I needed to "work it off".

My calves are killing me, but I do it bare foot. Anyone else have the problem??

Also, does anyone else have problems with the push ups, never have been able to do push ups, so sometimes I just go into plank.

Tongiht I am going to the gym to do Week 4, Day 1 of my Zen Runs 10km training program and maybe some ellipticle machine.

Does anyone else double up there exercise like that?

I figure if I do the 30DS in the morning, then I will go to the gym at night??? vice versa.

Also, I have been doing a strength training program at the gym (just 6 machines...abs, back, dumbell, arm raises, arm pushes and leg). So I hope its ok that I still do 30DS.

only 4 weeks until trip to Florida, woul really like to have my arms a little more toned.!!!
  • carolbaker000
    carolbaker000 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've done it before too and it does work.
    I started again last week and it hurt like hell. Just getting back to it today.
    Would be great to have a group to check in and have a joint moan about it!
    Please add me if you are up for checking in every day.

As a matter of interest... what do people log it as? I log it as circuit training general.

Well done to everyone who is starting out on this. It does work... or I wouldn't be back for more!
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4!
  • LynneW1983
    Options
    I still find the modified push ups really hard I had an app that started with counter push-ups and I still really felt that the next day. Last time I had one rest day a week, this time going to really push to do 19 in a row, then have 2 rest days before getting back into it.
  • bullsie
    bullsie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Problem is that I feel dizzy within 10-15 minutes. And I follow the easy steps where available. Plus don't even use weights - just follow the motion. I have searched so much on the internet to find someone who has tried this series and had issues like I had/have but no luck
  • LynneW1983
    Options
    I feel dizzy when I stand after doing the ab circuit. I kind of thought that was normal and just push through. Are you dizzy the whole time. I haven't passed out yet so hopefully I am doing the right thing keeping going.