Okay...big shoulders...

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    I have refrained from replying for 5 pages so as to calm myself but it hasn't worked.

OP you seriously pissed me off with your judgemental comments. I work my *kitten* off to build muscle and you think your barbie weights are gonna make you look manly?!?! Your husband is "normal" because he likes you weak and helpless?!?! Just stick to whatever the ____ you wanna do and don't make comments on how women should look or what "all normal" men like. Thanks.

Changing my profile pic to show you all my "manly" muscles. Someday you may at least appreciate the work I have put in and respect that, even if you don't want them for yourself.

LOL

First from what I see...you look great.

I couldn't help but laugh...Barbie weights! I am just starting to use weights...3lb and 5lb! Of course...I am starting at age 61...I'll take any muscle I can get...any shape I can get...pear...apple...or even pie shape!

Barbie weights! LOL

Okay...I should get back to my weights!

:-)
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

You seem to have a misconception that touching a weight is going to make you huge and buff. It's just annoying to hear stuff like that. There's people here, both women and men, who've been lifting heavy weights and dieting for months, if not years, yet they still aren't anywhere near where they want to be. It's nowhere near as easy as you think.

^^^ THIS ^^^ I am one of those women! :wink: I bust my *kitten* in the weight room (and kitchen) to build muscle. I want MUSCLE, not just to be "toned". And yes, I lift heavy. And while I've come along well, I am not "big and buff".... Some people could've responded in a different fashion, but whatever. I think the point is that there is a huge misconception about women "getting buff". Lift heavy. I think you'll be surprised and pleased with the change you start to see.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

if you took studies on these subjects, how did you end up here?
  • ndj1979
    oh and in ...for the supa dupa bulky girlz...
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    OP, I think of myself as having big shoulders. My mum always told me that I had shoulders like a rugby player.

I started lifting weights seriously last year. I can push a barbell loaded to 45kg/99lb over my head (strict overhead press).

Have a look at my picture.

Did my shoulders get bigger? Do I look more manly?

I have more of a stereotypically feminine figure than I ever did before and I went from a UK 16/US 12 to a UK 8/US 4... even in jackets.

To top it off, I get more male attention than ever before... Both in the street looking girly and in the gym lifting heavy.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    In to say- I have genetically broad shoulders. Like, exceptionally broad for a woman of my size, as broad as my husband's, who is a foot taller than me (thanks genetics!). It doesn't look weird on me, because the rest of my bones fit in that frame, but broad they are. For you to get to my level of broad shoulders by lifting, you would need to either be a man or taking some major steroids. I lift, they haven't gotten any bigger, but my arms sure as hell have gotten smaller. Even if your shoulders miraculously got to be as large as mine, it wouldn't turn you into some unattractive beast person. I'm not and neither are the rest of the women in my family with our wide shoulders.
  • ndj1979
    for the record, I will take the shredded chick that works out and is rocking a sexy *kitten* body any day over the "curvy' one with rolls everywhere....just my preference and what not...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    OP, I think of myself as having big shoulders. My mum always told me that I had shoulders like a rugby player.

I started lifting weights seriously last year. I can push a barbell loaded to 45kg/99lb over my head (strict overhead press).

Have a look at my picture.

Did my shoulders get bigger? Do I look more manly?

I have more of a stereotypically feminine figure than I ever did before and I went from a UK 16/US 12 to a UK 8/US 4... even in jackets.

To top it off, I get more male attention than ever before... Both in the street looking girly and in the gym lifting heavy.

Totally jealous of your OHP. :love:
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Worms all over the floor in this thread. Don't let them get in the way of your squatting, ladies. Perhaps I am not one of these "normal" men but I certainly don't mind a nice athletic body. :D
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    strong shoulders and lats make my waist look tinier. It gives me a nicer hourglass figure.

I love me my big shoulders! :love:

3530ee05-63b9-426b-b99d-026f0d74c658_zpsc3e0fec2.jpg

eta to change traps to lats.. .cuz the traps kinda suck, but the lats help with the hourglass. lol
  • ndj1979
    strong shoulders and lats make my waist look tinier. It gives me a nicer hourglass figure.

eta to change traps to lats.. .cuz the traps kinda suck, but the lats help with the hourglass. lol
    OP is this the look that you are not going for?
  • pursuittofit
    pursuittofit Posts: 97 Member

:love: :love: :love:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    for the record, I will take the shredded chick that works out and is rocking a sexy *kitten* body any day over the "curvy' one with rolls everywhere....just my preference and what not...

Agreed. Purely personal preference but I always get a chuckle out of couch potatoes worrying over stupid crap like this. People accidentally get advanced degrees, high salaries, and ripped bodies all the time, mirite?!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member

Definitely wouldn't mind looking like this, or like Lulu... :flowerforyou: Looking great ladies!!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    For the record, I lift heavy and go through bulking cycles, and I still fit an xs top thanks to low body fat and small bone structure. Op go lift your weights, and when they get to light, lift heavier ones, you won't get huge :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member

Agreed. Purely personal preference but I always get a chuckle out of couch potatoes worrying over stupid crap like this. People accidentally get advanced degrees, high salaries, and ripped bodies all the time, mirite?!

*snicker* :laugh:

I love this!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    JSF
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    I have refrained from replying for 5 pages so as to calm myself but it hasn't worked.

OP you seriously pissed me off with your judgemental comments. I work my *kitten* off to build muscle and you think your barbie weights are gonna make you look manly?!?! Your husband is "normal" because he likes you weak and helpless?!?! Just stick to whatever the ____ you wanna do and don't make comments on how women should look or what "all normal" men like. Thanks.

Changing my profile pic to show you all my "manly" muscles. Someday you may at least appreciate the work I have put in and respect that, even if you don't want them for yourself.

LOL

First from what I see...you look great.

I couldn't help but laugh...Barbie weights! I am just starting to use weights...3lb and 5lb! Of course...I am starting at age 61...I'll take any muscle I can get...any shape I can get...pear...apple...or even pie shape!

Barbie weights! LOL

Okay...I should get back to my weights!

:-)

LMAO @ "pie shape"!

You'll be surprised at how quickly you outgrow those 3 & 5 pound weights- even at 61.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Does anyone remember the thread talking about all the "manly women" posters who lift weights? It was all tongue in cheek and HILARIOUS! If I find it, I'll post the link.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    I have the "bulky" shoulders and I don't care!!!! LALALALALALALA:tongue:
This discussion has been closed.