Okay...big shoulders...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember the thread talking about all the "manly women" posters who lift weights? It was all tongue in cheek and HILARIOUS! If I find it, I'll post the link.
    i think this may be what you are looking for.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1096001-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky?hl=Halp+lifting+made+me+supa+bulky
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Does anyone remember the thread talking about all the "manly women" posters who lift weights? It was all tongue in cheek and HILARIOUS! If I find it, I'll post the link.

I think you mean this one...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/987513-lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    for the record, I will take the shredded chick that works out and is rocking a sexy *kitten* body any day over the "curvy' one with rolls everywhere....just my preference and what not...

Agreed. Purely personal preference but I always get a chuckle out of couch potatoes worrying over stupid crap like this. People accidentally get advanced degrees, high salaries, and ripped bodies all the time, mirite?!

dude, you never just woke up one day and were all bulky and s***??
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    a755149b-97ca-4a68-b694-c40f50ba726b_zpsda5fc6f9.jpg?t=1390245333
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    hehe couldn't resist...
    146b2692-3163-4ad6-a4a3-b971a66c85d9_zpsc09d3c41.jpg
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    for the record, I will take the shredded chick that works out and is rocking a sexy *kitten* body any day over the "curvy' one with rolls everywhere....just my preference and what not...

Agreed. Purely personal preference but I always get a chuckle out of couch potatoes worrying over stupid crap like this. People accidentally get advanced degrees, high salaries, and ripped bodies all the time, mirite?!

dude, you never just woke up one day and were all bulky and s***??

I woke up one morning...I was just the s*** part.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hehe couldn't resist...

You are amazing Mirey - proud to have you on my friend list!!! Smoking hottttt!!!!!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I think you mean this one...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/987513-lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy

Yes, that's the one! Hilarious and really inspirational.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    hehe couldn't resist...
    You should never resist, you may hurt someone.:bigsmile:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    hehe couldn't resist...

You are amazing Mirey - proud to have you on my friend list!!! Smoking hottttt!!!!!

likewise lulu! Us smoking hot manly chicks need to stick out together. :wink: :drinker:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    :sad:

Can't see the pictures!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Yeah, OP, there are some very sexy women in this thread. Maybe worry less about your 5lb weight messing up your curves and someday you may even join them.

Oh, and for the record, this was a rude comment. You seem to have trouble differentiating them.

<<<lifts far more than 5lbs....still has curves :wink:
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Well this has turned into a VERY entertaining 7 pages...wanted to jump in now to see the rest!! Where'd OP go??? :brokenheart:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Yeah, OP, there are some very sexy women in this thread. Maybe worry less about your 5lb weight messing up your curves and someday you may even join them.

Oh, and for the record, this was a rude comment. You seem to have trouble differentiating them.

<<<lifts far more than 5lbs....still has curves :wink:

<<< Ditto.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

You seem to have a misconception that touching a weight is going to make you huge and buff. It's just annoying to hear stuff like that. There's people here, both women and men, who've been lifting heavy weights and dieting for months, if not years, yet they still aren't anywhere near where they want to be. It's nowhere near as easy as you think.

Okay well great good to hear. However I don't think people should be rude. And should not ..to the women above, take the internet THAT seriously. Anyways it was a question..that's what this site is for, support, not attacking people. I was basically giving information I found from a very big study that I was involved in.

I find it quite ironic that YOU are saying people are being rude when you in fact made a very rude and insulting thread. You get what you give.

^^ This

So it's ok for the OP to be rude, just not anyone else. Got it! :smokin:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include these items:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
    Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.