What is everyone drinking besides water?

Options
Hello ya'll! I'm kicking the mt. dew habit after over 20 years! Headaches are slowing to almost a halt. I don't know how I ever drank so much of that. Anyway, I've never really drank anything else. No milk, juice, tea, coffee or anything, just the Dew. Now I'm searching for something other than water (which to me is just yucky). Looking for something I can tolerate. I hate crystal light, Kool-Aid, green tea or anything like that. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Replies

• imanazzhole
    Options
    Vitamin water is pretty good
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke, red wine, beer, gin and tonics, Japanese tea and coffee. Mostly red wine though:)
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Unsweet tea and hot herbal teas are both my go-to drinks other than water. I will drink coffee in the mornings sometimes as well, but I drink it black. Water will start to taste better the more you drink it.
  • lila1958
    lila1958 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    True, your natural thirst will come back after drinking more water for awhile. I like carbonated mineral water when I'm craving something bubbly. Congratulations on giving up yhe Mtn. Dew!
  • jeskuhsmeekers
    jeskuhsmeekers Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend was the same Never drank anything but Mt dew. he HATES water refuses to drink it but he will drink MIO it comes in the little squeeze bottle and you can add it to water. . He especially likes the blueberry one and alot of them don't have any calories so that's a plus
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty bad at drinking water, and generally drink diet coke, but recently I've tried to reduce it and seeing as I don't drink tea or coffee I've started drinking more hot chocolate. Options hot chocolate only have between 38-44 calories per portion depending on the flavour, and is made with just the powder and water. So I suppose I'm drinking more water than before
  • skeletalwishes
    skeletalwishes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    coconut water, grapefruit juice, sugar free cordial.. and occasional coke zero.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Orange Juice. I know it's not that good for you (especially the concentrate) but it's soo good! lol I drink plenty of water a day (8+ cups) but can't just drink water 24-7.
  • LoriLL79
    LoriLL79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Like you, I think plain water taste gross. People who say water doesn't have a flavour are wrong.

To get my water in for the day I add things like a wedge of lemon or Mio into my water bottle. Today I was obsessed with fruit punch Mio. Yum! The added flavour helps me not feel deprived.

Hope this information helps. GL
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Best tip I've ever received is to purchase some lemon juice and add a tiny squirt to a glass of water. Too much and it's pretty harsh. But just a bit and it makes the water pretty nice. Try it for three days and you'll never miss soft drinks again.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Water, soda water with lemon or lime juice, beer, coffee, wine, coke zero, tea, gin and diet tonic, other diet drinks...

That's actually in order or frequency.
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Water with either fresh lemon, mint leaves, or orange slices. You can't do it. Good job for loosing the mtn dew. I'm 14 days in on water only. Trust me it gets easier.
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like to add flavor to sparkling water…. Like Mio fruit punch…. OMG it was like flavored soda and great for when i was craving the carbonation… Right now Im drinking lemon water, Diet coke, and herbal Teas…
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    Other than water, I drink a lot of espresso, lemon and ginger tea and also this great juice by a mob called Rebootyourlife.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Homemade iced tea, diet hansens, diet 7up, diet mt dew, Crystal lite, flavored sparkling water, coffee
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon, coffee, green tea, and Crystal Light
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I really like Arnold Palmer's Half-and-Half lemonade/iced tea. It's full of things that are bad for you, but better than mountain dew anyway. 60 calories a cup or so.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Urine
  • sissykay78
    sissykay78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hated water. But I started adding fresh squeezed lemon juice and a few packs of Splenda. Tastes just like Lemondae. Recently I bought a small bottle of Mint extract and add half a drop to a glass of water. Just enough flavor. And like $1.50 a bottle.