What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of raw almonds, greek yogurt or a piece of fruit.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Protein bar (Pure Protein or Quest are my favs), Almonds, Greek Yogurt. My go-to snacks of choice.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Try a protein shake. The protein will help you feel fuller longer. Other good choices are Greek yogurt or almonds. Try adding a little fat to your breakfast too. Eggs and toast are fine, but maybe put a little almond or peanut butter on the toast and have a piece of fruit with it. That might help in you keeping from being light-headed.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I eat anything from cucmber and humus to a protein bar. I like to change up my morning snacks but I also try to keep it below 200 calories.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:00 a.m. have a cup of tea on the way to work. Eat breakfast around 8:30 - 9:00 and lunch around 12:30 - 1:00. Dinner is at 6:00 - 6:30. I never get lightheaded. The fact that you do seems scary to me. You should probably talk to your doctor about it.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    cheese
    dried fruit
    nuts
    yogurt

Best!
  • Focusisfab
    Options
    Water!:drinker:
  • henriettevanittersum
    Options
    I get up at 6.30, have a juice (orange or homemade fruit/veggie) with a kiwi, my vitamins/supplements and a cup of tea. I bring a coffee with 2% milk and go to work. Once there, I drink my coffee, then at around 9 have the rest of my breakfast, either greek yoghurt with misc. fibers added or a slice of home baked bread with almond butter & choc. sprinkles. That hauls me over easily untill noon or later.
  • Allene20
    Allene20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bananas are filling as are the Trader Joe's nuts and cranberries in snack sized bags. I always have these two items at work to tide me over. I eat 3 meals and two snacks per day and fell great while losing weight.
  • lynleeg88
    lynleeg88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat my snack between lunch and dinner, not breakfast and lunch. but for your purposes, may I suggest edamame? The snack packs I eat are 90 calories, but high in protein. And they taste very good, a nutty after taste. Try putting salt on the pods before eating, or garlic as I do. Or just plain.
  • brenran
    brenran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I try to keep small packages of almonds in my desk. Also, maybe a container of yogurt or cheese sticks can help get you through until lunch...
  • PTMama0614
    PTMama0614 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I will usually eat a banana or a rice cake with some peanut butter. It all depends on what I brought to work with me. I will also eat something between lunch and dinner, like some carrot sticks and light string cheese. I suggest you try to keep your snacks low in calories but filling. Almonds are a great snack. The main thing is to eat something if you are feeling hungry and light headed.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem except I usually need a midmorning snack around 10:30. Lately I've been making my own Lara Bars/balls - Oh She Glows has some goods recipes for them.I make a batch on weekends and keep them in my work fridge throughout the week. I like nuts and fruit, but somethings they get boring. This gives me some nuts, fruit, a tiny bit of dark chocolate - a very happy little work snack.
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fruit.
  • sonyanance
    sonyanance Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of natural peanutbutter and plastic spoons in my desk. It helps with those cravings. I also think that should add some veggies or turkey bacon to your eggs for breakfast and get rid of the bread.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I usually split breakfast into 2. I'll have a banana and coffee first thing, then a small oatmeal around 10:30. Or I'll have eggs at home and then toast around 10:30 at work. I can't do 3 squares a day. I almost always have a mid-morning snack and mid-afternoon snack. I keep nuts, jerky, fruit, veggies, and nut butter around for the occasion. Oatmeal is a good one for work too because you can make it in your work coffee mug and add whatever nuts/fruit you have around.

Do what works for you! I eat 1500 calories a day which usually ends up being 3 meals and 2-3 snacks. You can keep a deficit and also eat frequently- just save a part of your usual meal as a snack!
  • Madmoog1972
    Options
    I don't eat anything. I have full fat yoghurt for breakfast at about 7am, then lunch at about 12-1pm. If you are feeling faint, I'd lower the sugar and increase the protein. Effectively think low GI as your blood sugar sounds erratic. What sort of bread do you eat? Think of seeded bread instead, maybe... Snack on seeds and nuts and avoid sugars.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 times each day and divide my calories evenly between meals. What you eat is based on personal preference. Oatmeal is a great option because it's filling. Make sure you're getting enough, protein, fiber, fruits, and veggies.
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt and throw some protein in there.
  • tgabmac
    tgabmac Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast and eat an earlier lunch because I get hungry quite fast. After lunch I try nuts high in protein and healthy fats (Pistachios or Almonds) or fruits that have healthy carbs and sugars (bananas, blueberries, strawberries).