What's your quick, go-to meal?

Options

Replies

• Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt protein pancakes. They take ~10 minutes to ship up.
    Tuna salad
    Eggs
    Chicken with peppers, onions, black beans and rice.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I guess a protein shake doesn't count as food?

1.5 scoops of choc protein powder
    1 banana
    1 cup of skim milk

blend and enjoy....

4 minutes or less!

Best!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Eggs. You can fix them with nearly anything to meet your macro/micro and taste goals for that moment. Toast or no toast. Yolks or no yolks. Add meat, veggies, cheese, salsa, beans, sour cream, potatoes, herbs/spices (yep, I usually go Mexican, but I also love goat cheese in eggs with spinach or asparagus). Breakfast, lunch, dinner, it all works. It's endless.

I also always try to have lettuce on hand - if you've got any kind of protein, you can make a salad out of it.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    2 fried eggs, american cheese, and precooked bacon on scali bread.

Even quicker is one microwaved egg, cheese, and bacon on an english muffin.

I almost always have all that on hand.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I always have a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies and some sort of precooked meat in the freezer (shrimp, chicken, beef). Straight from the freezer to a hot pan with a little bit of oil. Add a little bit of stir-fry sauce and serve over rice. Dinner in less than 15 minutes.

I also tend to always have frozen soup in the freezer. I make a large pot and freeze. Heat it up and another meal in less than 10 minutes.

In my house we also tend to have frozen pizza a few times a month. I workout with a friend after work a couple times a week and my husband isn't much of a cook. Not healthy, but I find a way to work it into my calories.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Spinach
    Avocado
    Lemon/limes
    bananas
    Nuts& seeds

Can make a Green Smoothie,a :flowerforyou: Salad.. or a Snack
  • HoverKitteh
    Options
    I try to keep a bag of pre-washed and pre-cut rainbow chard in my fridge. I saute it in a little olive oil or coconut oil with garlic and purple onion. Once it's wilted and the stems are no longer crunchy, I add a can of organic pinto beans, and allow it to cook for about five minutes to meld the flavors. I top it with fresh chopped tomato and Cholula hot sauce. Sooooooo good. So easy.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    cheeseburger soup (takes less than 15 min) or buffalo chicken spaghetti squash (takes 15-20 min)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with whatever I have in the fridge (ham, sausage, cheese, peppers, spinach etc)
    Frozen grilled chicken (I always keep some) with frozen veggies.
    Quesadillas (with just cheese, or beans and cheese)
    Oatmeal
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Usually if I'm in a crunch for time I make a stir fry, nomnomnom
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    eggs, extra virgin olive oil and bread
  • jorralee
    jorralee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eggs cooked or fried. oven baked chicken breast and brown rice... This is food I always have at home although it can be very boring.
  • kritt82
    Options
    I always keep fresh veggies and roasted chicken in my fridge. The chicken I roast myself though, I hate that pre-cooked, pre-packaged garbage. But the possibilities are endless. You can make a chicken curry (if you have the ingredients), a salad, a soup, a sandwich or just a whole meal and rice or quinoa in the cupboard cooks up really fast.

Tip: For cooking your quinoa, try using chicken broth (reduced sodium or sodium free), sauteed onions, thyme, parsley and basil (all fresh, not dried) and some garlic. Cook the quinoa in the broth first and then add it to the rest of the ingredients (sauteed just for a few minutes) - it's delish and packed full of protein and fibre.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Since I started Paleo I cannot stop making this.... And it is quick for me. (under 10 minutes)

In a skillet:
    -1/2 burger
    -1/2 Chopped onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 chilli pepper, whatever else sounds good.
    -Seasoned with "Slap ya Mama" and garlic. ;)
    -2 fried eggs over easy and placed on top of the skillet.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Since I started Paleo I cannot stop making this.... And it is quick for me. (under 10 minutes)

In a skillet:
    -1/2 burger
    -1/2 Chopped onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 chilli pepper, whatever else sounds good.
    -Seasoned with "Slap ya Mama" and garlic. ;)
    -2 fried eggs over easy and placed on top of the skillet.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^and even better since he makes it for me!
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have bags of rice/grain/quinoa mixed grains in the freezer, and always onion, mushrooms on hand. Whatever other vegetables determine whether I use the ponzu sauce or the spaghetti sauce. I like that it's a little different every time.
    Any kind of meat can go into either pan if you want to add meat.
    Example: Cabbage (or bok choy), carrots, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower = ponzu or soy sauce
    or: onion, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach (or chard) = spaghetti or tomato sauce
  • katieefranc0
    Options
    Oats with a dash of salt and cinnamon, chopped apple or mashed banana, and a bit of peanut butter stirred in. I eat oatmeal nearly every morning, lol.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Smashed avocado on toast with a pinch of sea salt. YUM!
  • riginthering
    Options
    banana. I usually share it with my dogs.

If I have some impetus, my berry-almond-chevre salad.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    1 low cal tortilla (80 calorie)
    2 slices bacon
    Lettuce and tomato
    15 cal mayo

Yum. ????