Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• ReverendNewman
    ReverendNewman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It works!!

I went from 210 15% body fat to 180 and 8% body fat.

It is intense but fun.

T25 with Myfitness Pal, got me to where I wanted to be.

I started P90X3 and did not like it at all compared to T25.

Gained weight back doing P90X3. Not intense enough for me.

Stick with what works. Now I have 10 lbs I need to lose for wasitng my time with X3.

Was it muscle weight that u gained?
  • Elizvbm
    Elizvbm Posts: 21
    Options
    My hubby and I are in with 3... tonight we will do day1 of this week.

For me the day after day1 was awful, but it's worse if you dont move at all during the day, by the afternoon I could move my legs normally a little sore but I could move.

I like there are 25mins because is so intense that every second COUNT. I did hurt myself but it was my fault because I didnt have the right shoes, this weekend I bought some with a little more suspension, hope i do better
  • hayles_s
    hayles_s Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 2 tonight of week 1, very hard last night but determined to stick to the programme. 25 minutes is just ideal! :)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of Alpha. I love it! The time commitment, the intensity. I have a couple of injuries I'm trying to recover from, so I follow Tania on some of the jumpier moves, but I find myself following her less and less. I've been plateaued for months, and I've lost over 3 lbs. I've noticed toning and tightening up throughout my body, as well. The calves were sore the first week, but that gets better. Stick with it!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of Alpha as well, still totally loving it although I did see the scale jump back up over the last few days. I think it may be because I added in some extra strength training work outs so my muscles are retaining, but we'll see.
  • ReverendNewman
    Options
    I just started it yesterday i see lots of ppl having success in just a few weeks in so im just curious if any of you are also following the meal plan or just staying within your daily limit and eatting other stuff?

You have to read between the lines. I think the max "it" allows you is 1600 calories. Which is low for me as I still hit the gym for weight training, doing T25, some treadmill and stairclimber work too. But also what the diet includes and what it doesn't.

The meal plan is very interesting. I think if you read it closely, it says somewhere on there that these are "just suggestions" Now the tricky part is breaking down the diet plan for what it includes and doesn't include.

It seems like it's low carb for the most part. Not Atkins low, but low. Also, it's big on healthy fats. Whole eggs, avocados, olive oil, and nuts. I'm not seeing much if any dairy, Except some parmasan cheese in the Italian egg scram.

And I eat Cod instead of Talapia. I eat Tuna steaks and Salmon also.

No bread, except the whole wheat pita bread for the chicken pita pockets. No macaroni (pasta), white potatoes, white rice, (see the pattern?) No sugar for ur coffee. Not sure but I didn't even see artificial sweetener.

Also all meals seem not to be any larger then 300 calories.

I think there is room to improvise. Just stick to the basics. In the Insanity diet booklet, he allowed some Turkey bacon. This one he doesn't mention it. So like it says, "just suggestions"
  • ReverendNewman
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of Alpha as well, still totally loving it although I did see the scale jump back up over the last few days. I think it may be because I added in some extra strength training work outs so my muscles are retaining, but we'll see.

Yup. If your not use to weight training, ur body could be releasing a hormone called Cortisone. Which is notorious for water retention. When you first start training with weights, u are tearing those muscle fibers at the microscopic level. That's how they grow and get stronger. Water rushes in to help repair the tissues causing water retention and bloat. In the weigh lifting circles it's called the enema effect. It should pass.
  • Ulrik696
    Options
    We have a gym at work and a co-worker talked me into trying Focus T25. After seeing the results my co-worker's friend got after 2 months and the results and reviews I've read on here I was actually looking forward to trying it. I can honestly say this is the first time in my life I was excited about exercising... after trying the first two days of the program I have to say that I'm very glad I didn't waste any money on it. I was frustrated and very disappointed. This is not a program for beginners! The problem isn't the difficulty of the exercises or the pace he sets but the complete and utter lack of instruction. For someone like me, whose idea of exercise is taking the stairs instead of the elevator and might go the gym two or three times a month to use the treadmill or bike, this program is almost useless because he never explains what you are supposed to be doing. He expects that you already know what all the exercises are and how to do them before you start. They do show three other people doing the full work out and one person doing the modified version, but they spend more time on close up shots of the instructors face then they do showing you what you are supposed to be doing...

The first day, Cardio, was a good work out but with poor instruction. I was hoping that it got better on the instruction part but day two, Speed 1.0, was even worse. Out of the 25 minute workout I spent a good 15 minutes either standing still or just jogging on the spot as I waited for the camera to finally pan over to someone doing the workout so I could see what to do. I didn't even bother with the cool down stretches, just ejected the dvd and hit the shower.

If you've done workout programs before and have a decent understanding of what the exercises are called and how to do them, this program will probably be a good one for you. If you are like me, a true beginner, you might as well save your money and avoid the frustration and disappointment...
  • ReverendNewman
    Options
    We have a gym at work and a co-worker talked me into trying Focus T25. After seeing the results my co-worker's friend got after 2 months and the results and reviews I've read on here I was actually looking forward to trying it. I can honestly say this is the first time in my life I was excited about exercising... after trying the first two days of the program I have to say that I'm very glad I didn't waste any money on it. I was frustrated and very disappointed. This is not a program for beginners! The problem isn't the difficulty of the exercises or the pace he sets but the complete and utter lack of instruction. For someone like me, whose idea of exercise is taking the stairs instead of the elevator and might go the gym two or three times a month to use the treadmill or bike, this program is almost useless because he never explains what you are supposed to be doing. He expects that you already know what all the exercises are and how to do them before you start. They do show three other people doing the full work out and one person doing the modified version, but they spend more time on close up shots of the instructors face then they do showing you what you are supposed to be doing...

The first day, Cardio, was a good work out but with poor instruction. I was hoping that it got better on the instruction part but day two, Speed 1.0, was even worse. Out of the 25 minute workout I spent a good 15 minutes either standing still or just jogging on the spot as I waited for the camera to finally pan over to someone doing the workout so I could see what to do. I didn't even bother with the cool down stretches, just ejected the dvd and hit the shower.

If you've done workout programs before and have a decent understanding of what the exercises are called and how to do them, this program will probably be a good one for you. If you are like me, a true beginner, you might as well save your money and avoid the frustration and disappointment...

I had the same problem the first couple of times AND still do with some of the more complicated moves. U just can't do this one or two times. I found the fun of it is learning and perfecting the moves. I actually spent a week just doing the workout at a slowwwwww pace to get the moves down. Then once I did that, I officially started the program. Plus, if you watch some YouTube videos of us "normal" people doing it, it's ugly. LOL Those people on the DVD's are pros. The rhythm they have I just don't have yet, or may never will. But I try my best. Don't give up. I'm finding it more and more fun with each workout. A hard fun, but fun non the less.
  • rjdunn87
    Options

Yup. If your not use to weight training, ur body could be releasing a hormone called Cortisone. Which is notorious for water retention. When you first start training with weights, u are tearing those muscle fibers at the microscopic level. That's how they grow and get stronger. Water rushes in to help repair the tissues causing water retention and bloat. In the weigh lifting circles it's called the enema effect. It should pass.

Thanks :) yeah, I'm drinking a ton of water and sticking with my calorie goal. I'm usually under, because I haven't been eating back my exercise cals. So I know it isn't fat gain. Just hoping it comes back down soon. I know all the logical explanations, but there's something about that damn number on the scale that's just so discouraging sometimes.
  • rjdunn87
    Options

This is really interesting to me because I actually really disagree, which isn't to discredit your own reactions to the workout but simply to provide another perspective. I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred prior to starting this but other than that was a beginning, had never done a workout program of this intensity or anything from Shaun T or beachbody before. I agree that it can be difficult to really pick up the moves right away because of the pace he moves, but I didn't find that they showed too many close-ups or anything like that. I actually think that Shaun T does a good job at moving over to one of his "back-up" people and showing the way they're doing the workout, giving you examples of what NOT to do, etc. I don't think the idea is to pick it up right away or go as fast as them right away: I'm halfway through my 4th week and I can't go anywhere near as fast as they do on a lot of the moves, especially in Speed 1.0. But I definitely notice a HUGE improvement from week one, both because my endurance is changing and because I'm starting to get the routines down.

You'll notice for example that he LOVES the "jack feet progression": jack feet, then double jack feet, then double jack feet with arms, then single jacks. So once you've learned that progression you can kind of anticipate what might be coming next. I know that's a really specific example, but it's something I've picked up on really well over the last few weeks… he likes to progress through different movements in working up to, I guess, the most challenging one. Once you've picked up on that I think it gets easier to follow. You have to stick with it though.
  • ReverendNewman
    Options

Thanks :) yeah, I'm drinking a ton of water and sticking with my calorie goal. I'm usually under, because I haven't been eating back my exercise cals. So I know it isn't fat gain. Just hoping it comes back down soon. I know all the logical explanations, but there's something about that damn number on the scale that's just so discouraging sometimes.

I'm in the middle of Week 3 of Alpha and haven't weighed myself since I first started. Some threads I read where some people didn't even start to really lose until week 4. Unless of course ur doing the 1100 calorie a day thing. And I think think that's just a motivating ploy so u stick with in the beginning. I don't know who can stay on 1110 cals. a day for ever.. I just modified "his" diet. If I'm not losing anything after this week, I'll tweak it further. I'm in this for the long haul.
  • yoga_mel
    yoga_mel Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    have only tried 2 videos on it so far but loved them!! the 25 minute workouts make it easy to fit it in with other workouts like soccer and yoga :) plus it offers modifiers if you need to go easier!
  • ReverendNewman
    Options

I'm in the middle of Week 3 of Alpha and haven't weighed myself since I first started. Some threads I read where some people didn't even start to really lose until week 4. Unless of course ur doing the 1100 calorie a day thing. And I think think that's just a motivating ploy so u stick with in the beginning. I don't know who can stay on 1110 cals. a day for ever.. I just modified "his" diet. If I'm not losing anything after this week, I'll tweak it further. I'm in this for the long haul.
  • ElleLucky
    Options
    Hey everyone I am starting my fourth week of the alpha phase and I have done in the past hip-hop abs, 10 minute trainer and P90X but never got past the first disc because it was way too hard. I have also trained in martial arts and different types of intense training programs and also worked out at the gym in the past. Currently I am the mother of a 14 month old and I have had excess weight about 20 pounds since being pregnant and that's what I've been looking to lose.

I weighed myself at the beginning of this program but did not take measurements simply because I don't do well it makes me obsessed. I have been stepping on the scale every week just to see where I'm at and it's been fluctuating down and up between 3 pounds or less. I'm not usually a fan of looking at the scale because I know that it doesn't always mean well because when you're turning fat into muscle it's not going to give you the numbers that you're looking for. So aside from the weight situation when I look at my overall body I have not been in a bikini since I was pregnant and yesterday for the first time I sported a bikini so I have been noticing significant change in my body and I've slimmed down a lot in the last three weeks. I'm not following their diet program but I have been using live strong's calorie tracker app. I have done fairly well in staying below my caloric intake but have gone over a few times. I'm not a fan of depriving myself because I don't like the rebound that can happen through deprivation. I'm in this for a lifestyle addition as opposed to a program that lasts me 15 weeks. But having done many workouts in the past I know that the diet is very important so even though I'm staying within my calories I have been eating healthier calories, lots of salads, egg whites and proteins.

So overall my review on the actual effect of this work out program is generally positive I am seeing change and I feel good about myself and I'm excited to work out.

Now for the review of the actual videos. I really like Shawn T from hip hop abs but when I went back to do them after having a child I realized I wasn't sweating very much and it was kind of boring & realized it was made in 2007. So I decided to Google Shawn T to see what he was up to and found he had done Insanity and Asylum etc. Those names didn't even appeal to me but luckily I found Focus T25 which was just released last year. So I did some research and read some reviews and I loved that it was 25 minutes because as I said I'm a mother and I don't have much time throughout the day for myself. So I got the videos and I read a lot of reviews to get me inspired before I started. I think reading coach/trainer reviews is good to get you inspired to start a new program, it's never helpful to read negative reviews about a program before you begin because unless you do it yourself you really can't trust anyone's review because everyone is different.

I love Shawn T as a trainer because I think he is very positive and really motivational. I really like the moves because they are easy-to-follow and they have a great progression and I love that there's a modifier for things that are really difficult like the push-ups and most things that are difficult to start with but I have found that over the last three weeks I have really improved and haven't had to follow the modifier very much at all except for the push-ups. Lol I like that each day is different because then it's not boring and I look forward to not knowing what I'm doing the next day I just get ready to work out and I push play. I found some days when I had extra energy I would just do an extra set of the stretching video so I did more than was expected in the program which made me feel good about it.

There is something about Shawn T and something about Focus T25 that makes me feel really excited and inspired and not afraid to push myself. I think he nailed it on the head and created an amazing workout program...but that's just me. Everyone should try it. And I believe with most beach body products if you're not happy you can always get a full refund. Good luck and happy focusing!:smile:
  • ReverendNewman
    Options
    Hey everyone I am starting my fourth week of the alpha phase and I have done in the past hip-hop abs, 10 minute trainer and P90X but never got past the first disc because it was way too hard. I have also trained in martial arts and different types of intense training programs and also worked out at the gym in the past. Currently I am the mother of a 14 month old and I have had excess weight about 20 pounds since being pregnant and that's what I've been looking to lose.

I weighed myself at the beginning of this program but did not take measurements simply because I don't do well it makes me obsessed. I have been stepping on the scale every week just to see where I'm at and it's been fluctuating down and up between 3 pounds or less. I'm not usually a fan of looking at the scale because I know that it doesn't always mean well because when you're turning fat into muscle it's not going to give you the numbers that you're looking for. So aside from the weight situation when I look at my overall body I have not been in a bikini since I was pregnant and yesterday for the first time I sported a bikini so I have been noticing significant change in my body and I've slimmed down a lot in the last three weeks. I'm not following their diet program but I have been using live strong's calorie tracker app. I have done fairly well in staying below my caloric intake but have gone over a few times. I'm not a fan of depriving myself because I don't like the rebound that can happen through deprivation. I'm in this for a lifestyle addition as opposed to a program that lasts me 15 weeks. But having done many workouts in the past I know that the diet is very important so even though I'm staying within my calories I have been eating healthier calories, lots of salads, egg whites and proteins.

So overall my review on the actual effect of this work out program is generally positive I am seeing change and I feel good about myself and I'm excited to work out.

Now for the review of the actual videos. I really like Shawn T from hip hop abs but when I went back to do them after having a child I realized I wasn't sweating very much and it was kind of boring & realized it was made in 2007. So I decided to Google Shawn T to see what he was up to and found he had done Insanity and Asylum etc. Those names didn't even appeal to me but luckily I found Focus T25 which was just released last year. So I did some research and read some reviews and I loved that it was 25 minutes because as I said I'm a mother and I don't have much time throughout the day for myself. So I got the videos and I read a lot of reviews to get me inspired before I started. I think reading coach/trainer reviews is good to get you inspired to start a new program, it's never helpful to read negative reviews about a program before you begin because unless you do it yourself you really can't trust anyone's review because everyone is different.

I love Shawn T as a trainer because I think he is very positive and really motivational. I really like the moves because they are easy-to-follow and they have a great progression and I love that there's a modifier for things that are really difficult like the push-ups and most things that are difficult to start with but I have found that over the last three weeks I have really improved and haven't had to follow the modifier very much at all except for the push-ups. Lol I like that each day is different because then it's not boring and I look forward to not knowing what I'm doing the next day I just get ready to work out and I push play. I found some days when I had extra energy I would just do an extra set of the stretching video so I did more than was expected in the program which made me feel good about it.

There is something about Shawn T and something about Focus T25 that makes me feel really excited and inspired and not afraid to push myself. I think he nailed it on the head and created an amazing workout program...but that's just me. Everyone should try it. And I believe with most beach body products if you're not happy you can always get a full refund. Good luck and happy focusing!:smile:

Ditto. haven't gotten on the scale either but looking better and feeling a ton better.
  • manizhehyasin
    Options
    I used to workout but ever since I got married a year and half ago I stopped and have gained significant amount of weight. I'm wanting to lose at least 25 pounds. I haven't really worked out since then. I work full time and can only workout in the evenings and on weekends. Would this program work or should I try something else? I have been eating healthier but is this something I can do to get fit in a few months without concentrating heavily on diet?
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

This is really interesting to me because I actually really disagree, which isn't to discredit your own reactions to the workout but simply to provide another perspective. I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred prior to starting this but other than that was a beginning, had never done a workout program of this intensity or anything from Shaun T or beachbody before. I agree that it can be difficult to really pick up the moves right away because of the pace he moves, but I didn't find that they showed too many close-ups or anything like that. I actually think that Shaun T does a good job at moving over to one of his "back-up" people and showing the way they're doing the workout, giving you examples of what NOT to do, etc. I don't think the idea is to pick it up right away or go as fast as them right away: I'm halfway through my 4th week and I can't go anywhere near as fast as they do on a lot of the moves, especially in Speed 1.0. But I definitely notice a HUGE improvement from week one, both because my endurance is changing and because I'm starting to get the routines down.

You'll notice for example that he LOVES the "jack feet progression": jack feet, then double jack feet, then double jack feet with arms, then single jacks. So once you've learned that progression you can kind of anticipate what might be coming next. I know that's a really specific example, but it's something I've picked up on really well over the last few weeks… he likes to progress through different movements in working up to, I guess, the most challenging one. Once you've picked up on that I think it gets easier to follow. You have to stick with it though.

I'm somewhere between the middle of the two of you. I agree that you don't always get the best instruction the first time you're doing the moves - I definitely have to stop, watch, & figure it out. I do think that for some moves, they spend far too long on the people doing the regular workout & I have to sit & wait for them to show the modifier to do something. But for the most part, I actually like that - by week 2 or 3, I've mostly figured out his patterns, & I appreciate that we're not stopping to explain every move to the non-existent newbies in the room.
  • LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Kreepnslayer
    Options
    My girlfriend and I bought the T25 series to both use. After a couple of weeks she ended up stopping it. She was having a hard time getting the moves down. Some of them require a bit of co-ordination and I'll admit, at first those Heisman crosswords had me confused. Keep at it though and it clicks. I'm on week 4 of the Alpha series and feel good. I've lost about ten pounds so far and can see some sleight differences in muscle definition. I know that the Beta phase is going to kick it up a notch or two.
    Also, I have to admit that I don't feel like I'm "nailing it" every time. Through some of them I have to rest for a few seconds as I'm just wiped out and sweating. I know that as I keep going that I'll get better and better.

If you try it stick with it. Don't get discouraged. It's hard but its supposed to be. Just do your best.