ME? LOSE 100 POUNDS? Impossible, but I did it!

Options

Replies

• jimvandam33
    jimvandam33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats GREAT JOB.
  • raesgma2002
    Options
    In December 2011, I weighed 259 pounds. My doctor told me that I had diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure and was a candidate for a heart attack or stroke. I decided to go vegetarian (or at least semi-vegetarian). Two years later, I am considered free from diabetes, my cholesterol is below 200 and my blood pressure is normal. I have to take Metformin only once a day (1/2 tablet) now instead of twice. I have lost 100 pounds in that two years. My weight is 159 and I still want to lose another 40-50 pounds. I know I can do it!:smile:
  • amybandy72
    amybandy72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Great story too!!
  • moorme01
    moorme01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are a phenomenal woman, and an amazing role model. Great job!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing and inspirational story!! Congrats - you look fantastic, and it sounds like you feel that way too!
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're very inspirational. Well done!!!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That is a incredible story!! You go girl :)
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    SOOOOOO Happy for you! You are an inspiration <3 Bless you !
  • AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Your story brought me to tears. I was well on my way to living your life, 203 pounds at 39 years old 5'4" and I had resigned myself to just being fat for the rest of my life. You're supposed to gain weight as you get older, right? It's reasonable to have weight you can't lose after having 3 kids, right? But my weight had nothing to do with my age or having kids. I was stuffing my face to relieve boredom, as entertainment, to numb myself from the unpleasant tasks of life that I wanted to avoid.

I miraculously snapped out of my food-induced trance and started taking control of my life and my health in April 2013. I am so much healthier, happier and in better shape, but your post really drove home what a huge gift I have given myself. I could have easily kept overdosing on Reese's and Nutella and ended up where you were at your age.

And I wondered if I could do it at age 40, with the metabolism slow-down, etc. that everyone talks about. You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey with us.
  • kittykat925
    kittykat925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Your story brought tears to my eyes, and you are such an inspiration.

Congrats <3
  • FitForFunKanata
    FitForFunKanata Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    In a word.. Awesome! :)
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • mommamills
    Options
    way to go! you should be so proud!
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Holy ravioli you look incredible....INCREDIBLE!!!!!!
  • tsaari77
    tsaari77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration you are:) Congratulations!!!!!
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm so proud of you even though I don't know you. I wish you many many more years of health and happiness!:flowerforyou:
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! So happy for you! You can see the happiness in your smile!!!
  • fiendette
    fiendette Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow! well done, that is amazing - you're a true inspiration :)
  • Weightloss20134
    Weightloss20134 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your are truly a hero . Congrats you look amazing
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully done!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!