Squats for big bootys?

Options
2»

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I believe eating at a calorie deficit will not allow muscles to grow much bigger.
    I have only noticed cm's down with my squats.

Do them! They are so worth it!
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    There is a difference between feeling on a girls booty who does squats and feeling on a girls booty who doesn't and I wouldn't pick size to be the difference, it's firm and tight versus saggy, soft.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    If there was ever a time for before/after photos. THIS is the time....

^^ :flowerforyou:

IMO, there's no reason to not squat :wink:

1 million / 10. Nice work!

tumblr_mzq3slcy9Z1qdjo2ho1_250.gif

First do this before adding too many weights! I learned! Dont be a super-hero, take it easy, proper form works them muscles better than anything.
    This chick rocks it!
  • IngridGurule
    Options
    I'm trying to cut down on cardio and add in squats and started beach body Brazillian butt lift. I took a lot of before pictures and awaiting for results. I do have thick thighs and a thick booty and cardio wasn't cutting it so hopefully squats is the answer to my problem as well.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Squats will lift and tighten your backside, not really make that much bigger if in a calorie deficit.
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was currently just focusing on weight lifting, then as of Monday I started my 1st squat session with a 30lb kettle ball & I felt it for sure on Tuesday. I already have a big butt, But I want it to stay tone as possible. So I will be squatting away! :smile:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    If there was ever a time for before/after photos. THIS is the time....

^^ :flowerforyou:

IMO, there's no reason to not squat :wink:

WHOA.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of squat you do. Honestly, a better booty maker is the sumo style deadlift.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You can already have a nice shaped booty. But do you have a firm one? Some girls want to have the nice round good looking sof t butt or you can turn it into a nice tight *kitten*. I like both, cant complain lol But Squats do help. To increase size yuo must add weight, and heavy weight. But the best workout for glutes is Heavy weighted lunges & hip thrusters. But there are many other workouts that target the butt.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mine is already pretty big, and I want it bigger. Is that bad? :embarassed:
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Mine is already pretty big, and I want it bigger. Is that bad? :embarassed:

Not at all hehehe :wink:
  • dbmata
    Options
    Bless you for wanting to increase it.
  • marleezaneshylo
    marleezaneshylo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just want to lift round and firm the booty
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you are and I had a period of time where I wasn't very active. Turns out my booty was a lot of muscle and that is why it was so big and round. When my activity level went down my booty took a grandma booty shape! NOT CUTE! My muscle turned into fat and it became less round and much less attractive. My kettlebell fixed that very quickly. Idk your genetics but I'm assuming whether you have muscle in your booty or not it is also there because of genetics. That means if you lose muscle there you will have a little bit of unhappiness if you ever get lazy throughout your life with how your booty is looking. If I were you I would do single leg deadlifts and squats. If you use lighter weight with higher reps it will most likely not get bigger. If you used heavy weights and lower reps then you might gain some extra muscle making it bigger. All depends on what you want.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Muscle doesn't turn into fat.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Squats are good for more than just your glutes as well.
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I take it back. Muscle doesn't turn to fat. But the more muscle you have the more fat you burn. In my situation I was losing muscle and in turn burning less fat which ended up changing my booty for the worst.