I see many with very pour nutrition in their diet.

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    oh yeah he's the one. great choice but also...is he sawyer? or just sawyer ish?

Aragorn_23.jpg

What's a sawyer?

Do you even Lost?
    And i'll take 2, please. Sawyers, that is.

No, lol. Lost wasn't in the right genre for me.

But upside: No competition from me on the Sawyer front. Not dark, broody, or dirty enough for me.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Plus Sawyer isn't a hero

original.gif
  • azdeha
    azdeha Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Aragorn_23.jpg

What's a sawyer?

Do you even Lost?

But upside: No competition from me on the Sawyer front. Not dark, broody, or dirty enough for me.

How's this one?

Amou-Haji2-550x366.jpg

He's pretty dark and dirty....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Did she ever say what endocrine disease she had?

Insulin resistance, severe hypoglycemia, carcinoid tumors, extreme ventricular tachycardia, and exercise induced syncope, and Osgood-schlatters.

This is what she actually said.

Waaaa???? What the....:huh:

yes, I quoted myself. hahahaha. Wanted to add:

If she had carcinoid tumors, she'd have had surgery and been on chemo.

If she had had "extreme ventricular tachycardia" - how did she do gymnastics and cheerleading and continue training as if she were still a gymnast and cheerleader? I'm not saying she couldn't exercise, but if it is "extreme", I don't see this happening.

And Osgood–Schlatter, when I looked it up, says that there are painful lumps just below the knee and is seen most often in young adolescents (9-16). So again, how could she be doing all this training back in Middle School and High School and continue on as an adult? Especially as it seems treatment lasts 2-3 years and requires an orthopedic cast.

It all seems...odd.

I REALLY suggest being quiet because you have no idea what you are talking about.

I am having surgery to remove the tumor. You don't NEED chemo for carcinoid tumors. I don't at least.

I didn't have v-tachy when I was a cheerleader and gymnast. I JUST was in v-tach two weeks ago when I was in the hospital.

You can still be an athlete with osgood-schlatter. It's called you suck it up and deal. I eventually had to quit because it got to a point where it was too painful for me. And yes, I was in PT for over 4 years for my knees and was casted TWICE on both knees from my hip all the way down to my ankle.

So please, do yourself a favor and actually know me, my situation and what I've been through before you say anything about me ever again.

Okay Ali. What else should we know about you? I really would love to know which doctor told you to do green tea supplements. Are they actually a licensed doctor?

And why is your goal to be underweight? Shouldn't you want to be at a healthy weight? And did all these diseases and issues pop up at the same time? Especially one as active, I'd have imagined regular check ups. And through it all, how are you able to continue training as you have claimed you have continued if everything just snowballed on you?

Who said my goal was to be underweight? Certainly not I.

My goal is to be 120-125 lbs and 18-20% BF. I am 5'3". That's a perfect weight for someone of my height.

It started in 2010. When I was at practices, I began getting very dizzy, high heart rate, clammy skin, passing out. Went to my pedi who referred me to a cardiologist. I was diagnosed with exercise induced syncope in 2010 after I had a stress test done.

I was able to continue training the way I did until about that time. That's when I started experiencing fairly severe, impacting symptoms.

I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and hypoglycemia last summer.

Heart problems are very common in my family so it is not a surprise that I am starting to develop problems. Both of my grandparents parents died from heart complications before their 40s. My grandmother has mitral valve prolapse and had to have her mitral valve replaced. My aunt had a stroke at age 28 and was then diagnosed with MVP as well. Doctors thought I had MVP but I was tested and results came back fine.

So you are 5'3 at 170-175lbs and at 25% bf?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

Aragorn_23.jpg

What's a sawyer?

Do you even Lost?

His hair was too light in Lost.
    Josh%2BHolloway%2BSuits%2BMen%2Bs%2BSuit%2BJQ3Tx9P7Qkbl.jpg
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options
    OMGOMGOMG i sersly can't tell if they are the same person or not? can i haz both?

When all the blood flows to one's vagina, vision can get blurry. It's normal. No worries.

maybe this is why no one ever knew wtf was going on during Lost.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

And Osgood–Schlatter, when I looked it up, says that there are painful lumps just below the knee and is seen most often in young adolescents (9-16). So again, how could she be doing all this training back in Middle School and High School and continue on as an adult? Especially as it seems treatment lasts 2-3 years and requires an orthopedic cast.

It all seems...odd.

Not defending anyone here …

My husband and his brothers had Osgood-Schlatter as they were growing (or that's what I've heard from his family, they are starting to worry about our boys who are getting to that age). They must have had a much more mild versions, because there was no casting or anything. But a fair amount of pain. And, I don't know if it's related, but my husband now has arthritis in his knee (he's 38, so kinda early?). But I thought it had something to do with the fast growth or the growth-plates in the ends of the leg bones (by the knee) not coordinating well with the rest of the body's growth or something.

I don't see how it relates to the other issues, though. And anyway, exercise isn't necessary to lose weight, a calorie deficit is all it takes. Exercise is better, but if one can't, then it's not doomed to failure from that. :indifferent:

Dang, did I just exclude myself from the posse? Or was I even in consideration.

edited to clarify whose brothers :huh:

posse members disagree with each other all the time. only politely so. truth is always a goal and anecdotal evidence is welcomed. high horses are not. as to whether you were being considered or not, i just got here with pours and dirty men so I cannot speak to that.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    OMGOMGOMG i sersly can't tell if they are the same person or not? can i haz both?

When all the blood flows to one's vagina, vision can get blurry. It's normal. No worries.

maybe this is why no one ever knew wtf was going on during Lost.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Who said my goal was to be underweight? Certainly not I.

My goal is to be 120-125 lbs and 18-20% BF. I am 5'3". That's a perfect weight for someone of my height.

It started in 2010. When I was at practices, I began getting very dizzy, high heart rate, clammy skin, passing out. Went to my pedi who referred me to a cardiologist. I was diagnosed with exercise induced syncope in 2010 after I had a stress test done.

I was able to continue training the way I did until about that time. That's when I started experiencing fairly severe, impacting symptoms.

I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and hypoglycemia last summer.

Heart problems are very common in my family so it is not a surprise that I am starting to develop problems. Both of my grandparents parents died from heart complications before their 40s. My grandmother has mitral valve prolapse and had to have her mitral valve replaced. My aunt had a stroke at age 28 and was then diagnosed with MVP as well. Doctors thought I had MVP but I was tested and results came back fine.

So you are 5'3 at 170-175lbs and at 25% bf?

She wants to lose 50 lbs despite not even having 50 lbs of body fat.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I'm out for the night. Kids need to be driven to school in the morning *yawn*

One more year. One more year, then the girl can do the driving.

Wait, am I looking forward to this???
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Aragorn was Viggo Mortensen. Definitely not Sawyer.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

It all seems...odd.

My husband and his brothers had Osgood-Schlatter as they were growing (or that's what I've heard from his family, they are starting to worry about our boys who are getting to that age). They must have had a much more mild versions, because there was no casting or anything. But a fair amount of pain. And, I don't know if it's related, but my husband now has arthritis in his knee (he's 38, so kinda early?). But I thought it had something to do with the fast growth or the growth-plates in the ends of the leg bones (by the knee) not coordinating well with the rest of the body's growth or something.

I don't see how it relates to the other issues, though. And anyway, exercise isn't necessary to lose weight, a calorie deficit is all it takes. Exercise is better, but if one can't, then it's not doomed to failure from that. :indifferent:

posse members disagree with each other all the time. only politely so. truth is always a goal and anecdotal evidence is welcomed. high horses are not. as to whether you were being considered or not, i just got here with pours and dirty men so I cannot speak to that.

^This. I don't mind disagreements. Just don't start trying to look down on people and make yourself more than you really are. Trying to put yourself as an expert when you really aren't one and then start insulting people to the point where you are even body shaming them - that's when you get booted from the posse :tongue:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    RE; Kili....I've read the book. Please don't remind me *rocks back and forth in a corner*

There there my friend, there there. Hopeful thoughts!

There's always Legolas...(LOTR edition...not sure about Legolas 2.0...or would Legolas 2.0 be the LOTR version since it's 60 years later....)

Legolas Version Hobbit has a bit of the fat face going on and I'm all "Do not want." But he didn't float my boat the first time around either.

Now Boromir or Aragorn on the other hand...Yes please.

I've got a type.

is aragorn the dirty one? b/c if yes me likey...and he goes with the theme we have going.

They're all dirty. Aragorn is probably the less dirty one cause he fell in a river.

What's a brotha gotta do to get a ***SPOILER ALERT*** up in here???

:angry: :explode: :grumble:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options

It all seems...odd.

^This. I don't mind disagreements. Just don't start trying to look down on people and make yourself more than you really are. Trying to put yourself as an expert when you really aren't one and then start insulting people to the point where you are even body shaming them - that's when you get booted from the posse :tongue:

Yup. Acceptance is generally very high. BS tolerance, however, is very low.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    RE; Kili....I've read the book. Please don't remind me *rocks back and forth in a corner*

There's always Legolas...(LOTR edition...not sure about Legolas 2.0...or would Legolas 2.0 be the LOTR version since it's 60 years later....)

Legolas Version Hobbit has a bit of the fat face going on and I'm all "Do not want." But he didn't float my boat the first time around either.

I've got a type.

is aragorn the dirty one? b/c if yes me likey...and he goes with the theme we have going.

They're all dirty. Aragorn is probably the less dirty one cause he fell in a river.

It'll be something to look forward to Jof. You'll spend the time watching the movies just waiting for it to happen.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Why continue a thread with a spelling mistake in the title?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

I've got a type.

well first of all...maybe be a brotha?
  • azdeha
    azdeha Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I've got a type.

It'll be something to look forward to Jof. You'll spend the time watching the movies just waiting for it to happen.

Exactly. Kili turning into a beautiful butterfly and fluttering off to the West is the best part! It's sad...but it'll be a cinematography masterpiece.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Aragorn_23.jpg

What's a sawyer?

Do you even Lost?

His hair was too light in Lost.
    Josh%2BHolloway%2BSuits%2BMen%2Bs%2BSuit%2BJQ3Tx9P7Qkbl.jpg

Needs more dirt
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Why continue a thread with a spelling mistake in the title?

I don't know Nicolee. Why not?