30 day shred starting today. Any takers?

Options
Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
I've been really lax with my exercise the last couple of weeks, and now I'm maintaining I want to make sure I don't start to slip back into old habbits. I've started the 30 day shred a couple of times before never got more than a few days into it with out either getting bored or just plain giving up. Anyone wanna start with me and we can keep each other motivated?

Replies

• Mom2MandN
    Mom2MandN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What all has to be done? I am interested...
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I bought it a few weeks ago and have only done it once. I need some motivation too!
  • theemstress
    theemstress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I signed up for a lose 10 lbs by Christmas challenge on here too, so I def need all the exercise I can get! Start today??
  • Doddiellie
    Doddiellie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh I'll definitely join in. I'm the same managed 2 days and then stop and really need to just toned a bit for christmas so count me in
    :flowerforyou:
  • Shwtyme
    Options
    What dose it entail....sounds interesting...
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Not ready yet, too busy moving this month. But I'll cheer from the sidelines and do some jumping jacks for you.
  • casmrl
    Options
    I am starting today and want to enter it as my exercise...how do I know how many calories I burned any idea??
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started 30DS 4 daysago but had a day off today and did a different DVD instead. I think that way I wont get so bored!! Break it up a bit!
    My first weigh in is on tuesday and i'm worried I've lost NO WEIGHT!!
    Eeeeeek!!

I need motivation to do 30DS over the weekend! xx
    Clare xx
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am starting today and want to enter it as my exercise...how do I know how many calories I burned any idea??
    I just do aerobics -general 20 minutes.... it might not be very accurate but I dont know what else to do!?
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Great!
    For those that don't know, the 30 day shred is one of Gillian Michaels (biggest looser) fitness dvds. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in the USA you can get it from Target amongst other shops, its around $10. I'm in the UK and I got it from Amazon, I think it was about £6. You also need hand weights to do it. It consists of 3 sets of 3 minute strength training, 2 mins of cardio and 1 min of abs.

Just completeed day one. Phew! I'd forgotten quite how much hard work it is. Feeling great now though!

Good luck to everyone!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just do aerobics -general 20 minutes.... it might not be very accurate but I dont know what else to do!?

I use 20 minutes circuit training - seems to be about right on the calorie burn if you are going at a high intensity
  • Kate_UK
    Options

I also log it as 20 mins general aerobics
  • casmrl
    Options
    Great!!! Thank You :smile:
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    How did everyone get on with day 1 yesterday? I'm aching a little bit but looking forward to my little one going to bed tonight so I can get on with level 1 day 2!
  • lorcine
    lorcine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I will be starting it on Monday...Nov 22,2010

CW: 204
    1st Mini Goal: 194 by 12/31/2010
    2nd Mini Goal: 184 by 01/31/2010
    3rd Mini Goal: 174 by 03/01/2011
    By my birthday 165 04/08/2011
    Ultimate Goal: 160-165:smile:
  • carmen1485
    Options
    I started yesterday too so I'm with you on this!

My pecs ache this morning - most of my exercise is leg work and cardio (dancing) so that bit is going to be tought.

I'll be aiming to do Day 2 about 6pm tonight.
  • Kate_UK
    Options
    Day 2 done! All those jumping jack reminded me my pelvic floor needs some work too:embarassed:

Anyone else find the first cardio set the hardest? Is that because thw moves are harder than the other sets or just that I'm not warmed up enough?
  • lisayvonne
    lisayvonne Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today....and I found the first strength and cardio set to be the hardest (from the Level 1 workout). Less than 5 minutes into the workout, I was thinking that it was going to be a LONG 20 minutes, but the other sets felt more manageable. I switched between 5lb and 2lb hand weights to get through the workout, which I think helped. I'm good at doing cardio exercise consistently, but am really bad about strength training so I need to build up in that area. It really is a good workout and keeps the heart rate elevated.

I'm planning to continue for the next 30 days, and would love to hear what people do to keep from getting bored of the same routine.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have been off the wagon (exercise wagon of course)
  • carmen1485
    Options
    I've just done day 2. My aim is to be able to do 10 proper press ups because right now I'm on the 'easy' ones and they still hurt so much. The bits that ached this morning ached a bit more but because I'd signed up to this post I did keep going which was good.

That first cardio is definitely the hardest one but it's good to get it out the way early, isn't it?! Or else I'd be dreading it and holding back on the others so I could get through it.

I'm not sure whether to try and break this up with other DVDs and spread it out over a bit longer or try and stick to the 30 days. Any suggestions? I have a couple of yoga DVDs that really make me sweat and work hard and I thought they might be good to work different muscles.