Like Minded Lushes - November

Options

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    well, Amy (I am Amy too) you can go to Vail and get a pretty good buzz;)

My husband's family has a cabin (and I'm using the term loosely here) in Grand Lake and I'm never sober after a couple of drinks at the Lariat! Elevation is a strange thing.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes. I survived the prep yesterday. Nasty nasty stuff. no alcohol of course. Good drugs this morning so I don't really remember the actual procedure so it was good. the doc challenged me to sign up for a half marathon in June 2011. He said that I might as well have a goal to work towards since I have gotten in such good shape. i get to join the 10 year club (means I don't have to have another colonoscopy until I am 60) that means I have a good clean butt!

No alcohol today because of the killer drugs in my system. I am feeling much better, thanks for all of your support.
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    No alcohol today because of the killer drugs in my system. I am feeling much better, thanks for all of your support.

That's really good news and glad that you have 10 years before the next one. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Pam
  • dawnalis
    Options
    I'm waiting patiently for the call from the doctors to get a colonascapy as well! My Aunty got diagnosed with colon cancer 2 years ago now, but she had part of her colon removed and so far is doing really good, but because it's close in my family I thought I might as well get one and get it over with. My mother passed away from lung cancer that mets to her brain 3 and a half years ago so I finally quit smoking about a month ago......I know took me long enough! I'm kinda hoping the doctor's office takes their sweet time giving me the call cuz apparently in my city they don't put you under for the procedure......ummmm *cringes*
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    apparently in my city they don't put you under for the procedure......ummmm *cringes*

Dawn, they should give you a nice dose of versed...you'll be happy:bigsmile:
    Robin, well, it looks like your doc set a nice goal for you...

So, I guess this is day 2 for me...I had a good night at work, 1 down and 3 more to go...
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday lushes. Zero drinks for me Sunday-today. The weekend will be a different story. Drinks with the neighbors tonight and a big 50th bday party for a friend Sat night. I'm gonna try to behave tonight b/c tomorrow night will be a bust. We have a DD so it's probably not going to be pretty. I am giving myself a 6 beer limit, after all, if I can't have fun drinking 6 beers I outta give it up, but sometimes that limit thing back fires on me. I have a lot to do Sunday to get ready for our trip to Daytona next week, so I DON'T want to be hungover Sunday.

Robin - Glad to hear the colonoscopy went well. I'm not looking forward to that! I am doing the c25k program, almost done with Week 2. A half marathon is a goal of mine SOMEday. :noway:

Have a great weekend everyone. :drinker:
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Here is one for my fellow lushes....10 days 5 guys.....44 cases of beer. It was on a hunting trip earlier this month, and I only gained 1 pound. giggidy giiggidy
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Here is one for my fellow lushes....10 days 5 guys.....44 cases of beer. It was on a hunting trip earlier this month, and I only gained 1 pound. giggidy giiggidy

You could truly sing, a 1000 bottles of beer on the wall, take one down and pass it around...:bigsmile:
    Sunlover, love the 6 beer comment and understand about it backfiring:grumble:

I got thru Weds and Thurs...I work tonight so i should be okie dokie in the drinking department
  • sunlover67
    Options
    Where is my "stick out your tongue" smiley face for alucard75???? Oh here it is. :tongue: :laugh:
  • lefrance12
    Options
    Happy Friday Lushes!! Although I have to work tomorrow, I am sure I will be out on the town with my Skyy on the rocks and a few tequila shots. Happy Lushing, Fellow Lushes:drinker: :ohwell: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Well I made two days. I guess I need medical reasons to stay strong:wink: Today is Friday so I am sure I will have some wine. We just bought a case of one of my favorties so I have 13 bottles of it staring at me. (we had one left from the last time) Happy LUSHING all.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Man oh man, it's always something.

I almost drank emotionally last night but didn't and I'm proud of that. The gist of it is our youngest cat - the most precious thing to my brain damaged younger son - was rushed into surgery and they weren't sure his heart would last. He made it through but may have to have his leg amputated. And I had to pretend everything was routine and going to be okay in front of the kids.

I am so sad for that little cat, I have an inexplicable attachment to him over our other animals (who I truly love as well.) Maybe it's because of what he means to my son.

Oh well. I guess three legs are better than none.
  • dawnalis
    Options
    Well it's Friday today and tonight my boyfriends mom is taking his son for the night so we get to go out for dinner for a friends bday! I have officially not had a drink in about 2 and a half weeks! This is a great accomplishment for me, and I'm still trying to stick to my guns and not drink till I'm officially on vacation, but believe me as soon as I get to the Calgary airport and find an airport lounge I'm havin me a beer or a ceasar (bloody mary type drink for the Americans)! I just gotta stay strong for 4 more days...lol!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Lushes!!

Tonight we're doing a movie night at the neighbors and that's usually my downfall, but I'll try and stay strong--at least until the 10 hour drive to Nebraska next Wednesday! :laugh:

I did, however, binge on desserts today ( a parent group brought them in as an appreciation for the teachers) and I had a (small) lemon bar, a (again, small) chocolate cream and raspberry cream puff and then 3 Oreo truffles. Oops.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • sunlover67
    Options
    Awwww karin, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. We had to put our cat down this summer that we'd had 13 years. It's heartbreaking. But as fate would have it, a stray showed up on our doorstop a couple months later that we have fallen in love with. Keep your chin up. :flowerforyou:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Karin I hope your cat pulls through. There is a 3 legged cat in our neighbourhood and it gets around no trouble, apparently they adapt really well.

Lushes I have to make a confession. It's my son's 6th birthday today and he chose to go out to a Chinese restaurant. I decided to make a trade off with myself, he's only going to be 6 once and we don't go out very often as a family so I decided to have a glass of wine and in return I will extend my alcohol free period into the first week in December. Ironic thing is I didn't even enjoy the wine that much!
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Happy Friday fellow lushes,

Trivia question:
    who use to sing that song that goes "Well I'm gonna get drunk and I sure do dread it cuz I know just what I'm gonna do,I'm gonna spend my money callin everybody honey and wind up singing the blues"

just sayin!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :cry:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Saturday morning lushes.

karin - sorry about your kitty. I hope it all works out.
    Yvonne - you have done so well. I really don't think one glass of wine is that big of a deal. I understand your pact with yourself and you will do it. You amaze me. I wish I could do what you are doing.

I had a whole bottle last night of my fav red wine. Predator 2008 old vine zinfandel. then I had a couple of vodka rocks.

I really need to do better. I have had a horrible week eating and exercising. I really need to get back on track. My daughter's wedding is only two months away now.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Friday fellow lushes,

Trivia question:
    who use to sing that song that goes "Well I'm gonna get drunk and I sure do dread it cuz I know just what I'm gonna do,I'm gonna spend my money callin everybody honey and wind up singing the blues"

just sayin!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :cry:

I don't know but it started me singing in my head " why don't we get drunk and screw" not sure why but that is the song that started in my head.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Karin - good job on not emotional drinking...although I have to admit, it's my therapy of choice...hope kitty is doing better...sometimes, I prefer the animals to the children...teenagers:sad:

Yvonne - celebrate with your glass of wine...hope your son had a special birthday:flowerforyou: ...it goes so fast

Robin - you've done so well, you shouldn't worry about the wedding 'cause I am sure your going to be GOURGEOUS:smokin: ...didn't you just purchase size 4 pants:love: celebrate your successes...also, I think you do really moderating the liquor

Drank 5 beers yesterday, I do love Sam Adams...that's what I wanted to name our youngest son and hubs said it wasn't right:tongue: