What film did you see last?

Options

Replies

• SummerMarieM
    Options
    "Thor". Action packed with some twists. I felt like a super hero and had to keep it on the down low walking out of the theatre...
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Ridd ick...seriously? Can't even spell out a movie without being sensored??..
  • christopherfinkenbine
    Options
    I, Frankenstein. It was pretty good. Just the right amount of horror for her and enough aciton adventure for me.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    American Hustle. It was FANTASTIC! Jennifer Lawrence was hilarious. All the actors were great. We sat next to a couple who were about our parent's age (who were in their prime in the 70's) and they got a big kick out of the fashion and decor.
  • Kurindal
    Kurindal Posts: 355
    Options
    Thor 2. It was a good movie. I've missed Christopher Eccleston's acting since he left Doctor Who :(
  • wortez
    wortez Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Kung Fu Hustle. Amazing!!! Hilarious!!! As entertaining as it was the first time I watched it!!!
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    American Hustle. It was FANTASTIC! Jennifer Lawrence was hilarious. All the actors were great. We sat next to a couple who were about our parent's age (who were in their prime in the 70's) and they got a big kick out of the fashion and decor.

Jennifer Lawrence could read the ingredients to Wheaties and I would pay attention.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    The one with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy as cops. Actually lol-ed at that one. Melissa McCarthy cracks me up. Would love to have a beer with that broad.
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    Watched THE INCREDIBLES to pass the time while writing. I know, I'm a grown man. Still, an excellent film! Hope the inevitable sequel satisfies!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Jennifer Lawrence could read the ingredients to Wheaties and I would pay attention.

I have such a girl crush on her, she is amazing, her and marrion Cotillard...I'd pretty much watch anything they were in.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of the first two, but yes, winter's bone was a good one.

Uplifting foreign films come no finer than The Untouchables (I think, shocking memory)

:)

Rouge is the third instalment of Kieslowski's Trois Couleurs trilogy. They are, particularly if viewed in the context of the time they were made, iconic. Each film focuses on a different couple in it's own weird way. The first two introduced plot devices that have since been copied countless times. So much so that if you're seeing them now for the first time they will feel somewhat tired and unoriginal. When he made Rouge he just let it all hang out creatively. Great film.

The Station Agent is the quintessential indie for me. It's a small movie that tells a small story about small people. It stars Peter Dinklage and Patricia Clarkson and has some of the most tremendously understated acting you'll ever see.

Fisher mentioned Run Lola Run, which is maybe my favourite German film. Maybe. Either that or The Lives of Others.

You also can't overlook anything from the Dardennes. The Kid with a Bike got a lot of love when it came out a few years ago, and deservedly so. It was brilliant. The Silence of Lorna is still my pick favourite of theirs, though.

If you want a truly uplifting film I can't recommend The Way highly enough. It was adapted and directed by Emilio Estevez and stars his father, Martin Sheen. It was filmed primarily in France and Spain with a mostly European cast. Just a beautiful story and the restraint Estevez used in telling it is what makes the whole thing so fantastic.

I shall add them all to an imaginary list, and try and catch them.
    Really didn't fancy kid with the bike...No idea why....

Just remembered two other good ones, Michael...and the hunt.
    I should post links really, because my info can be unreliable, but no time now, in of to movies/flicks/cinema. :)
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Last movies I must have seen were probably Ghost Busters 1 and 2. Old, but I like them :)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Just watched Despicable Me 2 last night with the kids. Good movie, of course the first was better. It was more about getting the family together for once and not the actual movie.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

I shall add them all to an imaginary list, and try and catch them.
    Really didn't fancy kid with the bike...No idea why....

Just remembered two other good ones, Michael...and the hunt.
    I should post links really, because my info can be unreliable, but no time now, in of to movies/flicks/cinema. :)

I loved The Kid with a Bike. Probably because I could identify with the kid a bit more than most. Well, that and the fact that Cecile de France haunts my dreams.

I have The Hunt sitting around here somewhere, waiting for me to take the time to watch it.

One other I'll throw out there but it's not for everyone. A French Canadian film called Incendies. It blends about half a dozen Greek tragedies into a modern retelling focused around an un-named Middle Eastern country ( it's Lebanon ). It can be hard to follow at times because the film tells the story of a young woman digging into the life of her mother when she was younger. The actress who plays the young woman actually looks a bit too much like the actress who plays the younger version of her mother, and if you're not paying attention it's easy to lose track of where you are in time, lol. It's a dark, brutal film. But the climactic scene actually made me audibly shout "Noooooooooo". I NEVER do that.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    watching The Fifth Element right now..seen it 1000 times before one of my favourites ever :smile:
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The Fifth Estate
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Captain Phillips. It was good!

on Netflix I am currently binge watching Orange is the new Black. SO hooked.
  • Shar8210
    Options
    A failed attempt to watch Resevoir Dogs but 20mins in I fell asleep
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Watched The Help last night for the first time. Good. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Jack ryan: shadow recruit.

It was...mheh...