Freelee the banana girl rant

Options
Her videos always pop up on my feed and I find myself watching even when her advice and opinions are so bias and annoying because they get shoved down our throats. Her way or you aren't healthy, crap. She is also very rude in my opinion.

I just watched a video of hers talking about thigh gaps. She said Basically a thigh gap means you are healthy and if your legs touch you aren't healthy.

Anyone else find her super annoying and distasteful? Or do any of you agree with her lifestyle she is preaching? (High carb raw vegan mainly fruit) Just curious.

I just needed to rant a little bit. I would have said more but typing on the kindle is time consuming.

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 80/10/10 lifestyle however she makes me want to claw my eyes out
  • alicemelinda1
    Options
    I find her frustrating. For some reason I can't help but watch her videos but at the same time I find them condescending. She does look bloody good though (except she has no boobies!!)
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I went through a 'vegan' phase (I'm a pescatarian now) and I tried to like living on mainly fruit and veggies (raw) but it really didn't agree with me. I got terrible stomach pains and indigestion from the amount of raw beans and things I was eating. The 80/10/10 thing is not a balanced diet in my opinion. 10% Protein? Seriously? I agree that eating natural foods like fruit is good for your body, but vegetables are actually better for you. You just need to have a look at Freelea and her equally annoying boyfriend Harley to see they don't look particularly healthy. They have underweight bodies and not much muscle mass. The raw diet thing is just another fad, just like the paleo diet. If its not sustainable long term, whats the point?
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I find her frustrating. For some reason I can't help but watch her videos but at the same time I find them condescending. She does look bloody good though (except she has no boobies!!)

She has surgically enhanced breasts
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I see what you mean by it's her way or no way. If she thinks people are going to put up with that then she is wrong!
  • mveach0822
    mveach0822 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree. Her body doesn't look all that healthy to me. She may have a flat tummy and thigh gap but it just doesn't look appealing to me.

If you go against what she says she will call you insecure and in denial to "facts". So frustrating yet I still watch. *facepalm*
  • echoecho11
    echoecho11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Her and her partner are both fanatical and paranoid. It almost seems like their diet is giving them psychiatric issues, or perhaps they had them before the diet. Her condescending manner has gotten worse over the years. Many actually say they are at a centre of what is essentially a destructive cult. She may have a great body but I don't want her life or to be anything like her. The thing is I did quite well on their frutarian diet for a about a month (I did have normal dinners though). It really cleaned me out and gave me lots of energy, a flat stomach and my blood sugar was actually rock steady with no candida at all. Come on though! Who are these people really kidding, they set themselves up to be role-models but conduct themselves in an almost deranged way!
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Ah, Bubzbeauty (sweetest person ever) commented on her video about Jenna! Never seen her comment on anything else before I believe so she must feel pretty damn strongly on how bad this woman is!
  • echoecho11
    Options
    Im honestly serious about the psychiatric issues. So many nutritional deficiencies and excesses cause neurological/hormonal/metabolic derrangements.... I began studying nutrition at a university level last year and almost laugh now that I ever considered the 80/10/10 raw vegan lifestyle. Is it possible some people can do well on this lifestyle for decades? Yes, some people might have the right genes for that. Most people that try it can't maintain it for various reasons. If health is about balance and lifestyle - this diet is unhealthy for the vast majority in my humble opinion. Being fixated on diet and it's minutae is actually an eating disorder - orthorexia nervosa. I can imagine how the lack of some neurotransmitters can really inflame this negative mental manifestation....
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I watched her day in the life of a high carb vegan video out of curiousity after reading this post. I don't know how she eats all that fruit and doesn't get sick. My blood sugar would be off the wall and I'd end up passing out.
  • echoecho11
    Options
    *deep breath* rant over!!
  • echoecho11
    Options
    fructose is metabolized through the liver so it doesn't have the immediate sugar spike effect glucose and sucrose does. I used to be pre-diabetic so I know the feeling of the lows and highs - this fruit diet when I did it made my blood sugar very stable. Im not advocating it though!
  • mveach0822
    Options
    Ah, Bubzbeauty (sweetest person ever) commented on her video about Jenna! Never seen her comment on anything else before I believe so she must feel pretty damn strongly on how bad this woman is!

I love Bubz!
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I feel like this thread is reeking of 'girl hate'. :(

I don't think she cares if she looks appealing to you or if someone out there is judging her 'lack' of 'boobies'. And she clearly had enhanced breasts in case you didn't notice. Are you expecting the average woman to be rocking double Es??

Honestly, it's funny how everyone gets mad at men for having unrealistic views of women. All I see is women hating on women over and over again. ;(
  • echoecho11
    Options
    I feel like this thread is reeking of 'girl hate'. :(

I don't think she cares if she looks appealing to you or if someone out there is judging her 'lack' of 'boobies'. And she clearly had enhanced breasts in case you didn't notice. Are you expecting the average woman to be rocking double Es.

Honestly, it's funny how everyone gets mad at men for having unrealistic views of women. All I see is women hating on women over and over again. ;(

yep, I see what you mean
    the unfortunate thing is this particular girl has made videos of very deliberately flaunting her physical body to make dietary and health points, its actually extremelly irresponsible. I wouldn't care, but Ive seen how she has responded to other girls on her forum for voicing their genuine concerns about their symptoms on the diet. It makes me f*cking furious.

Calling out a bully isnt 'girl hate', I don't care what her gender is

Incidentally at one point I had her body, I was working 10 hour mega busy shifts in hospitality. I was also strung out on coffee and had a physical breakdown later - was not healthy. Just making a point a good body isn't proof of health.
  • echoecho11
    Options
    I'm getting way to worked up, sorry peeps. I
  • mveach0822
    Options

Haha I know what you mean. I was pretty worked up earlier. I don't care if Freelee is male or female, for me it boils down to: I don't like how she preaches her views and it's her way or the highway. I am glad I am not the only one annoyed. But I will try to stop watching her videos so I don't get worked up every time. Ha :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I stumbled across her site and her crazy friend.

Yeah, once. No. Why do you watch something like that? Free-will, it's a thing.

Brick-Tamland.gif
  • echoecho11
    Options

Haha I know what you mean. I was pretty worked up earlier. I don't care if Freelee is male or female, for me it boils down to: I don't like how she preaches her views and it's her way or the highway. I am glad I am not the only one annoyed. :)

No you're definatelly NOT alone! :D
  • echoecho11
    Options
    I stumbled across her site and her crazy friend.

Yeah, once. No. Why do you watch something like that? Free-will, it's a thing.

Brick-Tamland.gif

The fact he's holding a banana, magic:laugh: