Freelee the banana girl rant

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is that she preaches that she is eating 3-4000 calories a day and losing weight without referencing her actual lifestyle.

Protip if you aren't really really active and think eating 3-4000 cals a day is gonna irk.... Well....
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm not certain how seriously I could take someone referred to as "Freelee the banana girl ". :laugh:
  • echoecho11
    echoecho11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    On her website ( I think) she talked about how daily 30km bike rides and extra activity on top of that was normal, no, necessary for her. They also rave on that you must consume at least 3000cal and then work of excess in excercise or ELSE!!!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Never heard of her till this thread, so I checked it out. She's very pretty, but she was a personal trainer before she got into this whole vegan thing, so she was never fat.

Her thing is what, 30 bananas a day, right? The name of one of her zillion websites. So I googled that, and this guy, with no before and after pix, said that he ate 30 bananas a day, which he said was about 3500 cals and he's somewhat of an athletic person. So he lost 5#.

Which goes back to what MFP says and does about calories. Basically it's calories in vs calories out, so again it comes down to calorie counts and exercise/weight lifting, etc.
  • echoecho11
    echoecho11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Google freelee before and after - she was a little plump, not big, but not your naturally skinny person either.

Essentially the calories in and out is always true! at least there is some certainty out there in this crazy world of dieting.
  • alicemelinda1
    Options
    I feel like this thread is reeking of 'girl hate'. :(

I don't think she cares if she looks appealing to you or if someone out there is judging her 'lack' of 'boobies'. And she clearly had enhanced breasts in case you didn't notice. Are you expecting the average woman to be rocking double Es??

Honestly, it's funny how everyone gets mad at men for having unrealistic views of women. All I see is women hating on women over and over again. ;(

No 'girl hate' from me. Just honestly replying to a post in which i agree that one woman constantly telling the world that its her way or no way is not something anyone should be advocating. and the 'small boobies' comment was a joke!!!!! Sweet lord help us all.
  • steffipaulina
    Options

I don't think she cares if she looks appealing to you or if someone out there is judging her 'lack' of 'boobies'. And she clearly had enhanced breasts in case you didn't notice. Are you expecting the average woman to be rocking double Es??

Honestly, it's funny how everyone gets mad at men for having unrealistic views of women. All I see is women hating on women over and over again. ;(

No 'girl hate' from me. Just honestly replying to a post in which i agree that one woman constantly telling the world that its her way or no way is not something anyone should be advocating. and the 'small boobies' comment was a joke!!!!! Sweet lord help us all.

Funny joke. :|
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Healthy is very subjective, so for her to try to deem what is "healthy " vs. "Unhealthy" is just not right to me...its unfair, almost. Why does she get yo tell us the magic trick, how everyone should eat. Surely, its not the only way. She makes her diet seem exclusiveonly the best to pass her body, which makes her seem as if shes just that much better...
  • rizzah85
    rizzah85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that 'thigh gap' has literally nothing to do with health. It is to do with genetics and the way the pelvis sits. For some women it is literally impossible to obtain, regardless of weight!
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a raw food diet... but I am not so sure about eating so much fruit and what all that fructose can do to your liver in the long run....
  • Sabby888
    Sabby888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I watched one of her videos and I did find she was quite rude. I also don't really like the fact that she's encouraging a totally unhealthy diet
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

I don't know as I can't stand durian rider either. Drop kicks the pair of them
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Ya know..............to each his/her own.

Personally, I could not eat this way or I would be in a diabetic coma from all that sugar in the fruit.

If that is the eating lifestyle that she is sustainable to her, then more power to her. I would be hungry all the time and would never lose weight.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

It's not girl hate. It's extreme dislike for someone who is encouraging an unhealthy way to live to others. Telling girls and women that if they don't have 'thigh gap' they are not healthy or thin enough is encouraging anorexia. There are size 0-5 teenage girls starving themselves thinking they aren't thin enough if they don't have a thigh gap. If they don't have the correct bone structure and musculature, they'll never have it, and can potentially starve to death trying to attain the unattainable. I have ribs, collarbones, and chest bones showing, 'bikini bridge', all of which are just due to my genetics, but I'll never have a thigh gap due to my pelvic cradle and thigh musculature. What works for one person doesn't work for another, and what's offensive is when people try to push their own beliefs onto everyone else in complete disregard of the facts.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    She said Basically a thigh gap means you are healthy and if your legs touch you aren't healthy.

she's clearly an uninformed *kitten*. Why are you giving her the time of day?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have never seen any of her videos nor do I plan on it.

However, in the
    80/10/10 February Cleanse" thread, someone pointed out that she has a history of eating disorders.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Her videos always pop up on my feed and I find myself watching even when her advice and opinions are so bias and annoying because they get shoved down our throats. Her way or you aren't healthy, crap. She is also very rude in my opinion.

I just watched a video of hers talking about thigh gaps. She said Basically a thigh gap means you are healthy and if your legs touch you aren't healthy.

Anyone else find her super annoying and distasteful? Or do any of you agree with her lifestyle she is preaching? (High carb raw vegan mainly fruit) Just curious.

I just needed to rant a little bit. I would have said more but typing on the kindle is time consuming.
    Stop watching her. Seriously. Why get angry over someone else saying something stupid and then continue subjecting yourself to it? She isn't someone in your life. She's a video on the computer. You actually have control over whether you watch her.

I've never come across any of her videos and if I did, I wouldn't bother with them. I don't care what she has to say.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Just want to point out that 'thigh gap' has literally nothing to do with health. It is to do with genetics and the way the pelvis sits. For some women it is literally impossible to obtain, regardless of weight!

^^This
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Her videos always pop up on my feed and I find myself watching even when her advice and opinions are so bias and annoying because they get shoved down our throats. Her way or you aren't healthy, crap. She is also very rude in my opinion.

I just watched a video of hers talking about thigh gaps. She said Basically a thigh gap means you are healthy and if your legs touch you aren't healthy.

Anyone else find her super annoying and distasteful? Or do any of you agree with her lifestyle she is preaching? (High carb raw vegan mainly fruit) Just curious.

I just needed to rant a little bit. I would have said more but typing on the kindle is time consuming.
    Stop watching her. Seriously. Why get angry over someone else saying something stupid and then continue subjecting yourself to it? She isn't someone in your life. She's a video on the computer. You actually have control over whether you watch her.

I've never come across any of her videos and if I did, I wouldn't bother with them. I don't care what she has to say.

This ^^