2000 reasons why GMO foods are safe

Options

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    GM foods are safe and predictable. The alternative breeding method is to wait for random mutations to improve food, and then you have no idea what you are getting. With GM you know exactly what you have added and what, if any, safety concerns might be present.

So you're saying science trumps mother nature..

Yes. Thank you deodorant.
    THIS! And birth control! :laugh:
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    oh hell yes

83RIgyy.gif
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Why are they safe? Because they produce their own pesticides that explode the stomachs of insects? Because they are resistant to Roundup and other herbicides? Because the BT pollen from GE corn nearly extinct the monarch butterflies???...

No thank you.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Why are they safe? Because they produce their own pesticides that explode the stomachs of insects? Because they are resistant to Roundup and other herbicides? Because the BT pollen from GE corn nearly extinct the monarch butterflies???...

No thank you.

And possibly responsible for killing off the honey bees.

People do realize that if the honey bees are killed off we will have no way to grow food unless someone is going to manually go and do the job of the honey bee and pollinate the plants.

Thanks to the likes of Monsanto we will probably not have a food supply in the coming future.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

No thank you.

And possibly responsible for killing off the honey bees.

People do realize that if the honey bees are killed off we will have no way to grow food unless someone is going to manually go and do the job of the honey bee and pollinate the plants.

Thanks to the likes of Monsanto we will probably not have a food supply in the coming future.

We will have food supply.. the quality of it will be questionable..

People wont' see until it happens.. and it's not likely to happen in our lifetime.

GE is entirely different then GMO and there is a lot of confusion between the two terms. GE is not as bad as GMO, but who knows what long term affects there will be for either one??

I mean.. why are there so many people allergic to wheat these days?? That's not normal and it's doubtful it would have been so abundant (or perhaps in existence at all???) if humans hadn't messed with food makeup.

A GMO potato will not grow vines.. a regular one will but slowly, an organic one will grow them in a few days. That's all I need to see. Proof positive that it's not good to mess with the genetic of food.

Taste a GMO tomato versus an organic one.. HUGE difference.. I always buy organic tomatoes.. I just wish I could afford organic everything else. lol
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    What a joke. Just like cigarettes were supposed to be safe.............. Talk to me in 20 years when you have a horn growing out of your head and you glow in the dark. :)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    If you can't pronounce the ingredients in your food...

pick up an English book. You need to work on your phonics.

This guy right here!
    mario_66697a_190590.gif

It has nothing to do with education, chemicals in food are bad, except it and move on!

You aren't going to be healthy unless you stick with clean food from the earth!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    GM foods are safe and predictable. The alternative breeding method is to wait for random mutations to improve food, and then you have no idea what you are getting. With GM you know exactly what you have added and what, if any, safety concerns might be present.

So you're saying science trumps mother nature..

It's by the grace of mother nature (or God for some of us) that humans have the intellect to manipulate genetics.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I plant Round-Up Ready soybeans in my food plots. The deer, turkey and other miscellaneous critters have not complained one bit.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I simply have zero patience for those who mock science on the internet.

Do you know how every part of your phone works? Guess you better throw it away...

Biology > Science!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    What a joke. Just like cigarettes were supposed to be safe.............. Talk to me in 20 years when you have a horn growing out of your head and you glow in the dark. :)

Actually I just read that there are people who did grow a horn.. They discovered this by looking at cadavers, and says it more likely to happen in 3rd world countries and to the elderly. And they're not talking about the people who do body modifications and implant one.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    tagging to read later (if this thread hasn't been nuked by then)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    . That's all I need to see. Proof positive that it's not good to mess with the genetic of food.
    We've been doing it since the invention of agriculture.
    Take off the tin foil hat.
    Humans are a part of nature do you not know...

we have?? Interesting to know that before we had the ability to manipulate genes we were doing it.

What does humans being part of nature have to do with anything?
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In because since I work in a science based profession I find this amusing
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I simply have zero patience for those who mock science on the internet.

Do you know how every part of your phone works? Guess you better throw it away...

You may have a point... however, I don't plan on eating my phone anytime soon... :happy: