My wife can be such a jerk sometimes

Options

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    She sounds horrid!! You poor thing :flowerforyou:

::inserts stripper pole gif here but I'm at work and it's probably not a good idea to google that::

Hang in there!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Clearly she wants to control you. You should definitely go and send her some texts of you and the group finishing together! <---take that how you want.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Ummm pardon me, but, would you want your wife joining a walking group with male strippers? Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want my man spending time with anyone whose job requires dancing naked on a pole. There are alot of different groups you could join for walking. Why not try meetup.com? I don't think she is sabotaging your weight loss. I think she just doesn't want you spending time with strippers. Completely sounds reasonable to me... Have you asked her to join you? Maybe that would make it better.

Someone doesn't get it.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    fWSHCVJ.gif?1

FIFY........but strong first post :happy:

ETS I kinda FIFY........need a smaller pic but cannot fix at work. Still a strong post :)
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Well just tell her if she don't like it then learn to swing her *kitten* around a pole and look good doing it :laugh: :drinker:
  • lise_anne
    Options
    Sounds like somebody doesn't want to be married anymore...but I think she will be better off without you.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Tell me the name of the club.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    well for starters I'm going to assume that your wife is a larger lady?
    Personally I know what it feels like to be insecure in those situations but at the same time if you truely feel she is holding you back from weight loss you need to sit down with her and talk about it. Don't yell or anything and that will give you a big clue on the real situation. It could end with you both doing the walking club? I dunno. All I know is, I sat down with my husband and had a similar conversation and now we're great :)
    I wish you luck !
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    maybe there should be a requirement to actually read what category something is posted in before people are allowed to reply.:wink:
    wait, that wouldn't work either. Because I know some people that humor has to be explained to on a daily basis.:huh:
  • kayofyesterday
    Options
    .....no. She's not insecure about your weight loss, she just doesn't want you hanging around strippers. Why not instead you and your wife go for walks together? Without strippers?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    NO, she is mad because they fired her two months ago.

Please give all the information if you are going to complain.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    maybe there should be a requirement to actually read what category something is posted in before people are allowed to reply.:wink:
    wait, that wouldn't work either. Because I know some people that humor has to be explained to on a daily basis.:huh:

+1
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ummm pardon me, but, would you want your wife joining a walking group with male strippers? Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want my man spending time with anyone whose job requires dancing naked on a pole. There are alot of different groups you could join for walking. Why not try meetup.com? I don't think she is sabotaging your weight loss. I think she just doesn't want you spending time with strippers. Completely sounds reasonable to me... Have you asked her to join you? Maybe that would make it better.

Exactly. When I met my husband I didn't care if he saw strippers as long as he wasn't paying extra for them to grind on him. He said he wouldn't want me seeing strippers and since I don't care about seeing them we made a plan that we would either see them together or not see them at all. I guess it goes both ways. Would you honestly feel comfortable if your wife joined a walking group with gorgeous men who get naked for a living in front of people? I honestly don't think she is trying to sabotage you, she may just love you a lot and not want you in a compromising position. Many people feel they would never do anything to sabotage their marriage, but once in the position, are unable to resist. Have you done something in the past to cause her to not trust you? There has to be more to the story then she is trying to sabotage your weight loss and recommendations to just "break up" are ludicrous and a pure example of what marriage has turned into today and how little it means to people. Marriage truly used to mean something and it is hard work; breaking up just because someone doesn't allow you to do something shows that you were never in it for the long haul. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Have you asked her why she feels this way instead of assuming that she is trying to sabotage your weight loss? There are plenty of other options to lose weight without walking with strippers; is she denying you to walk with any other groups? Really take a step back and look at the situation and I bet it's not what you think.
  • FitForFunKanata
    FitForFunKanata Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Agreed..
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Without strippers?

Not a world i want to be part of.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    poop. someone beat me to it.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I am in awe at how many people just don't get it. Well at least it's keeping my morning entertaining.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Just for the record. It WAS a joke. I DO walk with my wife. I DON'T spend my evenings in Strip clubs.
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Sorry, mate, but unless you are already a dedicated, regular fitness walker, her reaction is quite understandable. If you've had little prior interest in this activity before, but now find it urgent to join this particular group ASAP, you are likely sending your wife's "BS meter" right off the scale. This ain't a public service, m'man, this is grass-roots advertising. I'm sure the ladies don't care if this benefits your health, but I suspect inticing you into the club, along with your billfold, is the main objective....................
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Just for the record. It WAS a joke. I DO walk with my wife. I DON'T spend my evenings in Strip clubs.

You should have just left it lol It's entertaining seeing how many people actually thought you were being serious