Do you plan to change your look as you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I love my hair long, so no haircut for me! I think dropping the weight and wearing nicer, smaller clothes will make a huge difference in my look, so I don't have anything else more dramatic planned.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have always had long hair, and I would like to cut it short when I reach goal. I'll probably get another tattoo also!
  • ejtj1234
    ejtj1234 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I want the arm lift and teeth bleeching also
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Not while losing, other than the obvious of changing up my wardrobe as things don't fit (and usually they have to be beyond big due to the cost of replacing clothes). I've been contemplating a tattoo, so maybe that will be a reached goal thing, if I find something I'm willing to permanently put on my body (I'm a bit of a chameleon). Keep hair long for Renaissance Faires and color it as needed, or as I decide I need to change up the color.
  • FirstandGoal
    Options
    As for me, I am thinking of doing sexy red hair color for spring/summer, brighten the teeth, and of course, new clothes!:flowerforyou:
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I noticed while coming down from my highest weight to my current weight that my wardrobe has expanded out to all the colors of the rainbow. Previously while severely over weight I only wore dark colors, not my closet is very colorful. Something that I want to do when I get to my goal weight is to get my belly-button pierced. :) I love my long hair and could never imagine cutting it again.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Clothes! and sexier underwear!
  • FirstandGoal
    Options
    Oh, ditto on the sexy underwear!
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 50 lbs (10 lbs before I started MFP). Yesterday I donated 12" of my hair, so that's a pretty big change.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Going for a short haircut. I've never had it shorter than my jawline.

The one on the right!!

New-Trendy-Blonde-Short-Haircuts-2013.jpg
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I hadn't planned on it.

Buuuut then I did.

20110317184933.jpg

tumblr_mzxzumGtHI1ssbok8o1_500.jpg

(for the curious, that's -71lb, +two tattoos (one is a snowflake on my ankle), +3 piercings (lip, both nipples), -about a foot and a half of hair, +red dye (obvs), +new glasses (though I also got contacts), +493485345345 metric tons of confidence.)

You look awesome! I like short hair but it wouldn't suit me now with my pleasantly round face so maybe a new look for me would be a new hairstyle.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I was too bashful to wear them before, but now...

bikinis... ALL THE BIKINIS!!!!

victorias-secret-swimwear-bikinis-triangle-top-sexy-08.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the money to get my teeth strengthened!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wear all da shorts.
  • StarryG
    StarryG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting an apronectomy... if that is what they call it. Tighten up the old skin bag around my torso :happy:
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I really haven't changed my looks since I hit goal. I attempted wearing dresses and heals, but I realized I am way too much of a tom boy. LOL, I was so uncomfortable and could never get used to that type of apparel. I have thought about changing my hair style though.
  • FearlessEquestrian
    FearlessEquestrian Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My plan is: Lose 8kgs get my fingers/knuckles tattooed. Lose another 8 and I will get my chest tattooed, and then the last 5-8kgs I will get my belly button pierced :) I will probably add in a few little treats along the way, like a new dress, hair extensions or whatever.. But that is the basic idea :)
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just a new wardrobe and maybe a tattoo!
  • TimElwis
    Options
    I did, I got a hair cut, but I had really long hair for someone my age working in an office. No one walks to talk to the fat guy with a pony tail.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    the change from the dingly-dangly L sized t-shirts to a little "tighter" size M is a big enough change for me so far