Too much avocado??

Options
I know the saying "too much of a good thing can be a bad thing" so that sent me here to the message boards. A couple weeks ago I had a taste bud shift and BAMM! I am obsessed with avocados, like OBSESSED!!!! I searched through here before I posted this topic and all I could find were different ways to eat avocado and pages of recipes.

SO what I'm getting at is i know that avocados are high in fat, "good fat" ( don't even get started being a turd over the good fat bad fat argument - its honestly exhausting). Am I going to sabotage my goals if I continue to incorporate this delightfully tasty fruit into my weekly menu? I'm at the point where I'm eating half of an avocado at least every other day.

Thanks!
The Avocado Addict

Replies

• Mandylynne1979
    Mandylynne1979 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are eating too much after all the avocado is a super fruit it is extremely good for you!!! If I could afford to have them that often I probably would :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A) If it fits your goal then it fits your goal. End of story.

2) All avacado is too much avacado

In Conclusion: accusing people of being turds in your opening statement is sure to bring in people who act like turds.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    No such thing! I eat 4+ avos a week. More when I can afford it. Luv dem sh!tz.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

In Conclusion: accusing people of being turds in your opening statement is sure to bring in people who act like turds.

whoah sensitive! Relax
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I disagree with point two (I have two avocados ripening in my kitchen now) but agree with everything else. If it fits your macros you're good to go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The only thing that will sabotage your weight loss goals is eating too many calories. Avocados are a nutrient dense whole food...just think about that for a second and let that sink in...it's a nutrient dense whole food. Yes, it's high calorie, but calories have nothing to do with nutritional value. The avocado is a nutritional power house...but like anything, you have to fit it into your calorie goals.

There is no argument about fat either...dietary fat is an essential macro-nutrient...it is essential to proper nervous system function, hormone balance, brain function and numerous other things.

Again, exceeding your calories will be the problem, not so much the foods you choose to eat...I eat 1/2 an avocado pretty much daily for it's heart health benefits among other things.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calories and macro goals, go for it. It won't hurt your progress.

I lurve avocado
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I agree with Chelle on her entire statement. Except point 2.
    But especially her conclusion after your response OP
  • Achrya
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

Do I seem as if I'm not relaxed? As opposed to one who assumes people are going to be turds from the outset?

I see.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

Do I seem as if I'm not relaxed? As opposed to one who assumes people are going to be turds from the outset?

I see.

Avocados = more turds
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Geez, she was obviously using "turds" in a playful, fun manner.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Avocados = more turds

This was my first thought when I saw "too much avocado" and "turd" in the same post.

OP, if your macros allow it, enjoy your avocados.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,016 Member
    Options
    Too much saturated fat in avocado's :bigsmile:
  • Achrya
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

Does this mean avocado tastes like crap? Because I'm inclined to agree.

*Raining on the avocado parade since that first unfortunate taste in 2005*
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Thankfully someone got the humor haha I'm just sick of people fighting with each other over these threads. Hence the don't be a turd.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked avacado :(
  • pagefan
    pagefan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    too much avocado CAN throw you off.. an actual serving of avocado is 1/8th of the whole.. that's about the size of your THUMB.
    it's a great spreadable fat though...
  • Achrya
    Options

Thankfully someone got the humor haha I'm just sick of people fighting with each other over these threads. Hence the don't be a turd.

I'm sick of people fighting, don't be a turd = playful and fun.

Again. I see.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

whoah sensitive! Relax

I see.

Avocados = more turds

Does this mean avocado tastes like crap? Because I'm inclined to agree.

*Raining on the avocado parade since that first unfortunate taste in 2005*

h8r . . .
  • mommafit30
    mommafit30 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's funny you posted this because lately I have been eating so much avacado! I was wondering if I was doing more harm then good but here is the short of it; Since I started eating avacado DAILY this past week, I have had no cravings for high fat sugary foods! Last weekend, a friend brought over some Oreo cookies and left them here. They have been in my kitchen for the past three days and I have not had a hard time saying NO! My husband and kids will eat them and I am not going to have even ONE! I really beleive that having the avacado is helping my body get the fat it needs, esp because I am EBF my 8 week old baby. We will see what the scale says in a couple weeks tho...