After 65 lb weight loss.. NOW being called fat?

Options

Replies

• uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    RE: scripted comebacks, I actually think having a generic, forceful comeback 'in the chamber', ready to fire is a good thing. A good and quick "f*** off" or "shut up" right after someone says something dumb is a good start.

One time in basketball some kid came down with the rebound and I reached for the ball and he shoved me and said, "Back the **** up." I quickly yelled at him, "I'm going to **** your mother." And he just looked at me and apologized. So yes, a quick comeback is good but keep it short and stabby-like.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of "Thank you for your opinion" and then walk away. Or you could always say "I know right? You should have seen me 65 lbs ago!" I bet they wouldn't even know what to say to that. Plus then it leaves you the better person. :) Keep at it, you are doing amazing! I was just talking to a friend tonight about how we need to not let embarrassment or what others think of us get in our way of being the best us we can be. I feel really grotesque in my running clothes but I KNOW that the few hours a week I spend in them (out in public) feeling self conscious is going to have me feeling much less that way in a few months. Keep at it girl!

PS: Add me if you wish.
  • Sky_Of_Aegis
    Options
    OP: That is an incredible transformation. If I were you, I would go back and knock some skinny b*tch's heads together. That is flat out f*cked up. I wouldn't let it bother you. I would have just told them the truth, that I lost 65 lbs and though I may not be thin as a rod, I got some damn good stamina. Enough to snatch a couple of rude girls bald headed, and send them home crying with their tails between their legs! As for someone asking when you are due? That is just the epitome of people being stupid... If you aren't sure about something, you shouldn't ask anyone.
  • ntinney6228
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep your chin up and dont give up. Keep pushing! :)
  • vijayadi
    vijayadi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you have made a tremendous progress. Keep it up girl.In my home country there is a saying. You shouldn't bother about all dogs barking at you. Just focus on your goal and continue to work for it.You should show everyone what you can achieve .
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'll share something with you that I told someone else in a similar situation. The fact of the matter is, we all have demons. Secrets. Skeletons in the closet and such. Everybody and I do mean EVERYBODY has a burden to bear and it varies from one person to the next and for some folks, their best defense is to offend others. What better way for some folks to make themselves feel good than to make others feel like crap. Majority of the time, they are too chicken to face their own demons, so it is easier to pick on someone else. YOU ARE NOT LIKE THAT. You are tackling your demon head on. Others are sitting on their *kitten* not doing anything about their weight while YOU are taking steps towards a better, healthier, awesome life! You are brave, you are strong, you are dedicated, and though I don't know you and you don't know me, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. For the jerks out there who mock you or belittle you, many others are inspired by you----INCLUDING ME!

Don't you ever, and I mean EVER give anybody the satisfaction of getting under your skin because you are a warrior and they are a wimp! You lace up your shoes, you put on your earbuds, you crank up your music and attack that gym like it owes you rent! I promise you, there will be more jerks and punks out there. COUNT ON IT. You just stay true to yourself and know that others are behind you. You are a strong, powerful. beautiful young lady and DON'T YOU FORGET IT! Good bless you :-)
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    First thing first, you look GREAT! Secondly, f**k them all. Sorry, not helpful but this made me angry and I can't think of anything mature to say.

The girls in the gym, just being *****y, some girls are like that. They can see that you're working hard and they try to shoot you down probably to make them feel better about their own insecurities. As for the kids, they are children and sometimes they say things without realising that it's mean, hopefully their parents will have had words with them about it. And your best friend probably has insecurities too, she probably wasn't trying to be mean (I read it like she was joking). Keep your head up and carry on, you have done fantastically well and the difference is dramatic!

Exactly this...sums up everything I was going to say. :flowerforyou:
  • bb4886
    bb4886 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!

Do not listen to what others have to say keep telling yourself that your a smart beutiful lady and that no one else matters!

I put on about stone after my wedding which i know is not that much compared to other people but i had gone through 2 years of watching what i eat to get down to 140lb - im not closer to 160lb and im really struggling this time to shift it again and the amount of people who make comments is unreal because they saw me when i was at my best, its awful.........the best people im my life are the people who have been through the same - i have a friend who had twins and put 5stone on so we stick together and talk through our days to keep encouraging each other -

Have you anyone you can buddy with? - I find that especially on MFP when ive had a good day and lost having my friend like my loss really spurs me on :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    put it down to other peoples ignorance you have done great-keep going this is for you
  • samiyan05
    samiyan05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE KICKING *kitten*!!!!! Do not let those *****es steal your shine!

You look great and I'm sure you feel a lot better and that's all that matters! Keep it up and laugh in their hag faces when you're done and looking awesome!! :)
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    1. You're doing great. Be proud of yourself, your motivation and your results.

2. Keep going! :smile:

3. Haters? F*** 'em. Keep going.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dude, those people were *****es. It won't get them very far in life.

My spin instructor has about a hundred and fifty pounds on me. She kicks my *kitten*.
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey hey hey,

Firstly, you looked quite nice when you were big, so kudos to you for making the effort even when you didn't feel great.

You've taken 65lbs off (and likely more since you posted this in August) - that takes grit, determination and real effort - make no mistake. You look wonderful now, most of all you are now FIT and that is a gift.

I suspect you were feeling insecure, I doubt those girls were laughing at you. Nevertheless, it isn't the place to be staring and laughing as it takes daily motivation to even get to the gym never mind run a mile!

Take the gift you have (fitness and your 65lbs loss) and use that as a tool to tell yourself just how darn wonderful you are.

In fact take it from me and the other contributors on the thread .... you are wonderful and now your body is an outward manifestation of the calibre of person you are. Don't be distracted by others, it's your life. I am in awe of you - because I know I am struggling mentally to lose 1 pound never mind 65 of them.

Well done!

Take the 'gift' and run with it (metaphorically and literally!).

xxx
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Stephanie. I'm 26, and just recently got back on MFP. I was doing a great job.. really kicking *kitten* at losing weight. I lost 65 lbs in about 6 months, and was not slowing down. I love exercising, I love eating well.. just love the way it makes me feel!
    So whats the problem you might ask? Well, shortly after I reached my 65 lb mark of my weight loss, I was at the gym running on the treadmill... was at about a mile and a half, when I looked over and seen a couple of girls looking at me and laughing. I tried to push it out of my mind, telling myself that they weren't laughing at me.. it was just my insecurities getting the best of me. Well, when I was done, I went to the trash to throw away something and they came up to me. the one girl said 'hey.. no offense, but we were wondering how you do it?' I asked do what? and the other girl (while the first one started to laugh) said 'well, you're really, really big... dont you wanna pass out or something?'
    I was devastated. I just turned around and walked out.. I never did go back.
    Since then (about 7 months ago), I have very slowly gained 10 lbs back. I have also had 2 people ask me when I was expecting, a child ask me why I was so fat, another child tell me nobody wants to see my fat body in a bathing suit (which is why i do not own one), and someone at work tell me not to sit in a chair in case it broke. My best friend also is big, and she always says shes happy she has a fat friend because all her other ones are skinny, pretty and perfect.
    I dont understand... I NEVER got anything said about my weight when I was 330+ lbs, now that I'm 275 I'm hearing it all the time. I know it should motivate me to keep going, but its like ok.. ive come so far, now what? NOW I get called fat? Its killing me.

has anyone else experienced anything like this before? I dont know what to do... I feel like its pointless to continue.

257fd887-b163-4715-a566-013f9dd8d6aa_zps1fba56e3.jpg

JoesSweatshirt_zps01c6d10e.jpg

I'm so sorry that you had to be subjected to the comments of that obviously highly intelligent and super sensitive girl. Don't give up due to idiots like her. :flowerforyou:
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    wow you have done amazingly well and look great. Don't give up because of those 2 little *kitten* s. Get back in there :)
  • shoneybabes
    shoneybabes Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Dont let those b****** let you down. Ignore them all. One day they will get fat and someone else will say something mean to them and their self esteem will be low.

The cycle will never change but be better than those girls, fight through it all because at the end of the day you are stronger than they are, you have overcome your obstacles and still fighting.

Keep the good work up :)
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    That second picture shows such a beautiful girl with such a CONFIDENT smile! Find her again!! I am sure that the girls at the gym have never had to work as hard as you have, it is not just about being proud of the way you look, it is about being proud about how you got there. Take control and don't let petty, nasty people kill your motivation. You own that!!!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What nasty comments. I'm always expecting things like this from people at the gym, so I never go without my fiancé. :/ People are cruel.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic at 265! Not just blowing smoke up your bottom - you truly do. It's an amazing difference.

I am so sorry that you had to deal with all of those comments - especially the ones at the gym. That should NEVER happen. I can't imagine what would spur someone to say anything rude to someone working on themselves at the gym other than serious insecurities and/or a criminal lack of human decency. I looked to see if you lived anywhere close, because my initial response was a strong desire to go to your gym with you and wait for those girls to say something. In my experience, girls like that are *incredibly* insecure and super easy to emotionally crush. I used to believe in training people out of bad behavior. I used to think that if they got away with treating people poorly with no negative consequences, then they would continue to see treating people badly as a viable outlet for their frustrations and anger in life. I used to believe that if you poke the bear, you should get bit...you know, to learn a lesson.

I'm older and calmer now, so after briefly fantasizing about all the ways I'd cut these girls down to size and tell them all about themselves, I took a couple deep breaths and made myself think in a compassionate way towards them. They are, undoubtedly, going through their own issues, and very clearly so unhappy with themselves and their own lives that they have to look for and point out fault in others to make themselves feel better. I picture them, on the "fat" days that we all have, pinching at their bodies in front of the mirror, sobbing, crushed, and hiding from the world because they feel worthless . Then I picture them seeing you in the gym - looking bangin' at 265lbs - not only *not* hiding from the world, but being FIERCE and crushing an awesome workout. You are better than them, you are stronger than them. You are able to carry extra weight and still go out in public, and not just in a bowing and scraping "I'm sorry I exist" kind of way, but in an "I OWN this *kitten*" kind of way. So they lashed out at you. They tried to snuff out your awesomeness so it didn't contrast so strongly against their own shortcomings. It's really sad and pathetic when you think of it that way. The best thing you can do for those girls is to pity them and keep being fierce. Maybe if they see you continue to persevere, it will make them realize that self-worth and confidence are not solely tied to body image - that there is more to a woman than the space she takes up in this world.

Keep being fierce girl! Show them the way!