Has anyone lost body fat not eating clean?

Options

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to binges.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little weight eating a variety of foods, including pizza, ice cream, and cookies.

Here's a recent blog I wrote to give you some better perspective:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/mfp-101-calories-macros-and-micros-617211
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I usually don't shower before I eat and eat what I like as long as it fits my allotment for the day. Throw some strength training into your exercise to ensure that the weight you are losing is more fat than lean mass.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had both KFC and Taco Bell. Sunday I had pizza for breakfast, Chinese food for lunch, and McDonald's for dinner (with a giant Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie for dessert).

I'm actually bulking instead of losing weight right now, but a typical losing weight day looked like this: oatmeal and protein powder for breakfast, Subway for lunch, McDonald's or Taco Bell for dinner, and a small bowl of ice cream for dessert.
  • MikeCopa
    MikeCopa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sadly I can not really show any progress pictures as it's friggin' difficult to post a picture here. However, it did definitely work for me.
    On topic: While I don't avoid healthy stuff I certainly don't eat the way people would consider as "clean". By now I've lost about 13lbs over the course of 15 weeks or so (Christmas turned out to be horrifying :D ) and I don't think I've lost significant amounts of muscle mass.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    No clen eatin' here.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Dropped lbs's on lb's of fat before bodybuilding eating fresh bakery goods daily (lived 2 minutes to a pastry shop).

It's all about calories, don't let anyone else tell you different.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    I still eat what I did before, including McDonalds breakfasts, I love em :$ and I've lost 6 pounds in my first week.

I just know now when to stop, when I need to burn some off and how to spread it out during the day, Its so easy having a number to work with.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    From August until now I went from 26.8% body fat to 22.4% body fat (that's pretty good, IMO).

I eat whatever I want; I try to follow IIFYM, but don't always succeed - my goals are 100 g protein, 44g fat, 200 g carbs. (I tend to be over on fat and not quite enough protein, lol). But I certainly have never tried to eat "clean" by any stretch of the definition. I eat fruit. I eat veggies. But I also love my ice cream, pizza, and sushi. Oh, and chocolate and diet coke. I lift heavy 2-3 times a week, and am moderately active in general with 4 kids.

I've been pretty lazy about tracking, so I know I've gone over calories quite often. But I've still lost body fat and even a few pounds overall. I've gone down 2 pants sizes, too.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few threads around here asking if anyone as lost weight not eating clean and most of the answers are yes but as anyone lost body fat not eating clean? I hear that to lose weight all you need as a calorie deficit but to lose body fat you'll need to eat clean

Umm... false.
  • Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So even if I eat McDonald's everyday without going over my calorie limit and exercising i'll still lose body fat?
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    So even if I eat McDonald's everyday without going over my calorie limit and exercising i'll still lose body fat?

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Yes. But it's probably not remotely healthy for your body.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

I fit your criteria
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Technically you will yes but that is where your health will deteriorate. I don't see why it's not more sensible to stay within moderation - eat healthy in general but allow yourself what you want too in moderation as long as it fits your calorie deficit. Practice life-long habits than just a short-term 'diet'.
  • Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lol. I know McDonald's is bad for you. Everyone knows McDonald's is bad for. It just makes me happy and I find it delicious
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If I hit my macros and calorie goal, I lose body fat.
    I eat whatever I like as long as it fits those two criteria.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few threads around here asking if anyone as lost weight not eating clean and most of the answers are yes but as anyone lost body fat not eating clean? I hear that to lose weight all you need as a calorie deficit but to lose body fat you'll need to eat clean

I've lost almost 60lbs and now my bf% is around 17%. Lost the weight and now maintaining while eating fast food, 'processed' foods, chips, cookies etc. I eat all the foods that I like and haven't cut anything out :)
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my macros for the day. Eating Peanut butter toast and a banana right now actually. lol

This, in fact, could be pretty clean!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This is what eating fast food like McDonald's 5+ times a week did to my body and health:

lipids.png

Comparison-6-13_small.png