hello anyone here need to lose a serious amount of weight?

Options

Replies

• jodatoad
    Options
    I'm new again too and need to lose about 100 pounds to be healthy! Add me. I could use some motivation from friends!
  • sweetnsassy1491
    sweetnsassy1491 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4". Started at 294 at 274 now. Add me.
  • Kjohns18603
    Options
    My name is Kelsey. I have been here before but this time I feel like i'm in it for the long haul. I need to lose about 80 pounds. I've been at this for 4 days and have already lost 3 lbs. It's not much but every pound is something. I am here to start feeling better about myself and to be a healthier me. I'm a nursing student and i feel that my weight holds me back from being my best. I have a three year old son and I'm doing this for him too. It is time for a change!
  • HollyJoy07
    HollyJoy07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 pounds to lose now. I've lost about 12 pounds over the past few months. It is going too slow
  • jemyzombie
    jemyzombie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I currently weigh 226 and i've lost 44 pounds since I started losing weight about a year ago. I want to weigh 130, so I have a long road ahead. Anyone can talk to me if they want, I love tips and just being able to talk about weight lose with someone who knows what i'm going though!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    hi.. my name is lynneta.. i started at 370 pounds.. i am now 163. 207 pounds released, 28 pounds from goal of 135 so i get where you guys are coming from..
    i know regaining weight as well. i did that 3 years ago when my dad died. gained back up to 220 as of march i worked hard. healthy way no quick bullets there are none we all know.. im back to 163.. now its time to finish it.

i created a group here on mfp.. its awesome.. feel free to add me and join the group..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability

support is key.. we in this together.. now lets make fat cry off our bodies and be the person we were meant to be
  • mhannan13
    Options
    22-years-old. College student. Hoping to lose 80 lbs. by Sept. 27 (just a goal-if I get anywhere near there I will be thrilled!)
    Feel free to add me! It's kind of nice talking with people who have more than 20 or so lbs to go! :)
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I've been here for 35 days now, I log in EVERY day, and try to keep my friend list rather small so I can try to interact with each one better.

I'm 6'4", and started at 415.0 lbs, and am currently at 373.0 lbs. My current goal is to make it to 370.0, and then 365.0, 360.0, so on so forth until I get to around 240 ish.

As long as you log in every day and don't live on crappy Healthy Choice boxed meals, feel free to add me (anyone).

Rob
  • quansc
    quansc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm returning as well. I am 5'10 and my goal is 175 as well. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose. I am convinced that this works, so I am going to stick to it this time. Good luck!!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good luck to OP and the rest of you. I'm rooting for you all.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Plenty more to lose !
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 100lbs to go, my diary is open, feel free to add me if you like. I'm pretty good at support,
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    We have similar stats and goals - I'm 5'8 and started around 281, and I'm ultimately looking to be in the 170-180ish range. I log every day and try to be pretty active as a friend on here!
  • cosmo1297
    Options
    I am 5'10" and currently 252 at my highest was 301. Still unsure what my ultimate goal will be- but trying. Still losing but thinking of ideal protein seems to work for a lot but scared to try it so far.
  • nicfacey
    nicfacey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All :)

After gaining and losing the same 60 pounds a number of times, I'm now sitting at 291lbs. Ultimately, I want to get down to 180lbs.

I have a really long way to go, but have successfully lost weight before so I know that I can do it. And I also know that you can do it too!

This time I'm trying to eat in a sustainable way - healthy, whole foods normally, and eating freely, but in controlled way at social functions.

Feel free to add me, I log in every day and track meticulously.
  • Shodwei
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Moe. I'm 30 years old, happily married with three amazing kids (all under the age of 6).

At my absolute heaviest I was 430lbs, I'm now down to 375. So far I've just been losing through eating carefully though there has been the occasional slip.

If anyone wants to friend me I'll accept. There's nothing like knowing others are going through the same struggles and being able to provide support and encouragement when needed.
  • pkhernandez4
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started 6 days ago at 250.2 lbs. This morning I weighed 244.1 lbs. I need to lose about 90 lbs to be where the Doctor says I should be. I too am on medication that makes you gain and retain weight and am also post menopausal. I've been walking for 20 minutes, 3 times this week and we, as a family are joining the gym tomorrow. I gained 40 lbs of the 80 I had lost over the last 2 years. I am eating healthier and measuring portions as well as increasing activity.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I started October 4th @ 260 lb and as of today am @ 212. I log on everyday, feel free to add me :smile:
  • scoobyfanatic
    scoobyfanatic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looks like you and I are in a similar situation. I am 5'3" and 276. I want to loose about 100 lbs through this and exercise. Currently I work long hours, and am still struggling with everything. Feel free to add me and maybe we can motivate each other. Good luck in your Journey!
  • melissa199mfp
    melissa199mfp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Melissa. I joined MFP a few weeks ago. Going slow, but I'm noticing a change and I feel good about starting this journey. Feelfree to add me. Let's all help each other! ♡