Lose 5 Pounds in February 2014 Open Group

Options

Replies

• Colleendenty83
    Options
    I'm in. I only started a week ago and I'm down 4 lbs.

Sw 153
    Cw 149
    Gw 120 ish (whenever I feel fit again)

I've never had to lose this much weight before and I find it daunting :frown:
  • eimemag
    eimemag Posts: 19
    Options
    SW: 168
    CW: 167.4
    GW: 145
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    SW: 135
    CW:132
    GW:125

What has been the most interesting part of the weather for you and how does it affect your ability to exercise?
    I live in Vermont and its been insanely cold with a wind chill that takes your breath away so I can't go outside much :( Also finding it hard to control snacking when I'm a stay at home mom stuck indoors all the time!!!

I know how that goes all too well! I'm doing the best I can through February and using the gym rather than going outdoors. Spring can't come soon enough!

CW - 137 lbs
    GW for February - 132 lbs ( 2 lbs from goal weight )

This is the kick in the a** I need to finish this off.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 248
    CW: 246.4 (as of this morning, I weigh on Wednesdays)
    GW: 241
  • wonders13
    Options
    I'm in. 5 pounds will put me within my final goal range. i weigh in on mondays.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I'll try!

SW: 230
    CW: 219
    GW (for the month): 212

It has been really cold and snowy in Central Ohio. But, I've actually gotten to the gym almost everyday (missed 3 days) out of 17. I've gone to the gym in sub-0 weather, high winds, and heavy snow. I'm already at that point where I feel better if I exercise. I'm keeping the exercise to walking and stationary bike right now, but, maybe I'll add some weights in February.

To Wonder13 above me -- Wow, you are soooooooo close. You'll get there this month! I've got a long way to go, but I would love to be down 24#.
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    SW: 152
    CW: 127
    GW: 122

Oooh, maybe this will help me get past these last few lbs!

The most interesting part has been watching everyone else. I live in CA. I've lived in ND and MI though, makes me love this state that much more.
  • CalliLove
    CalliLove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I' m in! Ready to work and lose some serious weight! Okay, well it' s only 5 lbs, but still, let's go!
  • ajbires04
    Options
    SW 200
    CW 198
    GW 185

I'm excited for the opportunity to give and receive support. Good luck to all.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW 170.5
    CW 163.0
    GW 157.0

Here in VA we just got more snow :( love being with my kids but we are warm weather people and I haven't been able to go for. Walk/run in a while.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!

SW:172
    CW:172
    GW:167 (for Feb)
    Looking forward to it!!
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 212 lbs
    CW: 209.5 lbs (as of 1/24/14)
    GW: 204.5 lbs
  • stormy_eyez742
    stormy_eyez742 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been away from MFP for a long time. Silly me for thinking I could go it alone, not track food, not exercise AND not gain any weight. Ha! Thanks for offering this challenge. It has come a long at just the right time for me. Let's do this! Good luck (although if ya work at it luck has nothing to do with it, right?) to everyone! We can all do this and then some!

I just weighed myself this morning so I'll log today then update on the 1st.

SW: 215 lbs
    CW: 200.4 lbs
    GW: 175lbs (short term goal wt)

The weather has been only one thing that has hindered my ability to get moving. Attitude and health issues have been the biggest culprits. The weather just gave me one more excuse. We won't discuss the little gym I have in my house....Shhh!
  • KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in too :-) my starting weight was 162.5lbs will log my current weight on Saturday. My goal weight is 147lbs fingers crossed I can do it before June!!

54085844.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rrloos
    rrloos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in!

SW: (Starting weight) 197.4
    CW: (Current weight) 188.6
    GW: (Goal weight for the month) 182

Weigh in Dates:
    2/1
    2/8
    2/15
    2/22
    2/28
    End of Month (or whatever weigh in days you use)

I've been weighing in on Wednesdays. I'll weigh in again on Saturday morning and start from there.

This cold, cold weather always makes me crave comfort food -- something with potatoes or something with bread! (Funny how I quickly start to look like a loaf of bread myself when I let that happen!) Exercise? What is that? I need to get rolling, but the motivation escapes me. Maybe February will be the month for that!

Total weight lost:
  • klb0809
    klb0809 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Here are my stats

SW: 236
    CW: 222
    GW: 216

Weigh in Dates:
    2/1
    2/8
    2/15
    2/22
    2/28
    End of Month (or whatever weigh in days you use)

Total weight lost:
  • sunnybunny1111
    Options
    I am.....

SW:157
    CW:153
    GW:135

Thursdays in Feb wii be weigh in dates
  • jesyfm
    jesyfm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    SW: 191lbs
    CW: 187lbs
    GW: 181lbs

My weigh in days are Wednesdays usually :)
  • ninadelacruz376
    ninadelacruz376 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    CW:139
    GW: 135

Kickstarting my weightloss again :D
  • godders3107
    godders3107 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, count me in.

SW: 187lb
    CW: 153lb
    GW: 148lb

Weight loss has been stalling a little lately so so a motivator to get it kick started again!!

42934311.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter