Goal: 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of level 1 completed! Yesterday, I was soooooo sore. Oh my goodness it was awful. Today I'm more stiff than sore. Going into those lunges hurt something horrific. Felt a bit better by the time I was done & was able to stretch.

Anyone else take measurements on day 1? I did & hope to remeasure weekly to see how it's going. Weighing daily but I'm about ready to chunk that thing in the trash at this point.
  • mandalynn1986
    mandalynn1986 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Completed day 3 level one just now.... I almost gave up. But my boyfriend was home (who is so in shape its disgusting!) And I just couldn't let him see me give up yet again. Wanted to cry but pushed through, now to find the energy to make it to/through spin class tonight!

Oh and I took "before" photos today and I'm about to do measurements cause I forgot to do those!

Keep up the hard work everyone! We can do this!!
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like the 30 Day Shred!! I'm still on Level 1, but I'm noticing a difference already...been doing it a couple of weeks. It's got a good reputation for results!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of starting the 30 Day Shred this weekend or sometime next week. It will be my first time. I am posting this to see if anyone wants to start with me and become friends for motivation and support. I have been in that Rut feeling the last couple of days. I need that BOOST! So if anyone is interested you can add me and we can support and motivate each other.

I am glad I found this topic here :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of starting the 30 Day Shred this weekend or sometime next week. It will be my first time. I am posting this to see if anyone wants to start with me and become friends for motivation and support. I have been in that Rut feeling the last couple of days. I need that BOOST! So if anyone is interested you can add me and we can support and motivate each other.

I am glad I found this topic here :)
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, just found this thread, I did this for the first time last summer but quit halfway through level 2, got really upset with myself for doing that! so after a few months of being really lazy I decided to give it another and did my day 1 on Monday 27th January (it just about killed me!). I took measurements and pictures and made a note of my weight,
    Anyway this morning was my day 4 and because I am so impatient i had a cheeky measure after, I know I shouldn't but can't help it! I have lost 2.5" in four days :happy: so that gave me the motivation i needed to push through the aching tomorrow.
    I know I haven't lost any weight but don't expect to because of the water retention you get when your muscles are repairing themselves, I know that the weight will go eventually and because of that I am more focused on the actual measurements rather than a number on the scale.
    So impressed that I have already shed those inches though and the workouts are getting easier, I also have a lot more energy.
    Good luck to everyone else doing it! :smile:
  • amandamayle
    Options
    Completed Level 1 Day 3 last night :)
  • mandalynn1986
    Options
    So... i think i will be taking today off from jillian.... and i think on the days that i do HIIT class will be days that i dont do jillian, its too much on my body right now. So tuesdays and thursdays will be my days "off". good luck today everyone and stay strong!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Completed day 6 level one yesterday. Day 7 today :) Keep up the good work everyone!
  • jzuu78
    jzuu78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    how do you log the 30 DS in your exercise diary?? I just did L1 D1 today ... and I want to make sure I log it the right way, but not sure what to put it under
  • aem2188
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred today! It killed me. I chewed Jillian out, in between breaths. Every time I sit down and get up, I can still feel it.

I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow, because I don't have any place to work out other than the living room and I live in an apartment with 2 other people. I guess I'll have to do it at night, but Sunday... I am not sure (Super Bowl party).

I have never really stuck to a program, and I have a hard time cooking "light." Does anyone have any tips on cooking light, that a family would like?
  • aem2188
    Options
    how do you log the 30 DS in your exercise diary?? I just did L1 D1 today ... and I want to make sure I log it the right way, but not sure what to put it under

I saw that someone had logged it as general circuit training. I did the same. Hopefully that works. If not, someone enlighten us, please! :)
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 complete. Anyone else pretend they are punching Jillian when its time for the punches.... or is that just me? Lol

What buddy??

:laugh:
  • mama201
    Options
    Ive just started today. Need to loose 2 stone. Totally out of breathe doing it but i can doit ????
  • johngirl
    johngirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 9 days straight! I haven't had any issues. I have found in the past if I take a day off I lose all motivation.
  • jzuu78
    jzuu78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Completed day 6 level one yesterday. Day 7 today :) Keep up the good work everyone!

How are logging it in your diary?? I've just started and when I logged it, it said I had only burned like 92 calories. Figured it HAS to be more!!!
  • ajnolan42
    ajnolan42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm always finding excuses. I wanted to start 30 ds today but work got crazy and I went to mcdonalds for lunch so I feel like working out tonight is a waste.
  • mandalynn1986
    Options
    Its definitely not a waste, never a waste to workout :) my friend convinced me to not take the day off from 30ds so she and her daughter are gonna do it with me and I'm gonna give my body healing time from hiit :)
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Nice to see everyone workin hard today I did level 1 day 5 I post daily in a group I created I believe I posted it here already but here it go for the new comers I post my workouts daily would love to have other post theirs on the days that they are on

GROUP LiNK:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50118-jillian-michael-workouts
  • ajnolan42
    ajnolan42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 1 done! Im super shaky I dont know if thats normal or if I should eat more before I workout