What was your proud moment today?

Options

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Finally finding a green smoothie recipe that involves kale that does not make me absolutely gag. Its not the best smoothie in the world but I can finally have a way to eat kale and not want to spit it out.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I drove to the gym with the intention of swimming a mile. The parking lot was really crowded and I didn't even get out of the car but drove to a different branch of same gym that has a heated outdoor pool.

The heater wasn't working. I swam a mile anyway.

Yes, it was 60 degrees out but we DID have a freeze day Friday.

This is deffo something to be proud of! That is amazing!

For me, it was avoiding the donuts that the recptionist brought to work today.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted in a couple days but I am proud because I was able to go out to dinner one night and stay under my calorie goal and I went out to dinner again last night and did not eat the healthiest and did go over my calories but I am not letting it get me down, or freak me out, or deter me from being on track. It was a delicious meal and I am totally fine with having it! One "unhealthy" meal isn't going to kill me or keep me from losing weight.
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    Today I officially lost 15 lbs =)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Deciding to have two packs of little Debbie swiss rolls, plus a large blueberry muffin, and not only feeling zero shame or guilt about that, but also stopping when I wanted to with no desire to continue on just for the sake of eating sugar.

Knowing my past self, this is huge.
  • morethanthis0
    Options
    That is great! One of the best feelings huh!
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today my proud moment was looking at my stepometer and seeing that I had done over 10000 steps by 4pm. Proud moment number 2 was when my colleague bought me a chocolate doughnut, I scanned the barcode and saw that it contained nearly 500 cals. I made the decision that I didn't want to eat it and waste all those cals on one doughnut. This is a MAJOR achievement for me and I am immensely proud of the way I now seem to think about food. High fives all round for all of us me thinks! :smile:
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible day at work yesterday - I mean, the worst EVER - and I did something in my grad school class last night that embarrassed me to death. All I wanted to do after class was over was eat everything in sight, because that's how I usually dealt with anger/embarrassment/bad feelings in the past. You know, emotional eating.

Instead, I decided to sleep for a while. I ended up taking a "mental health" day today from work and I'm going to the gym later to get rid of some of that stress. Not one calorie consumed.

For me, this is a HUGE accomplishment.
  • catylina71
    Options
    I know it is not HUGE. But it is for me. I just filled my last bottle of water for the day and I know I will drink that Plus more.
  • CindyCabrera2013
    CindyCabrera2013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! My proud moment today was realizing my turkey wraps had more calories than imagined so I substituted the remainder of my lunch with a Progresso Chicken and dumplings soup. So my lunch was yummier than expected. Yeah proud moment was being able to say no to the rest of the wraps and yes to alternative choices :heart: :wink:
  • bijoux79
    Options
    Proud moment for me..at the gym one of the maintenance guys came up to me and told me he liked watching me run as I am always smiling. Now I know what you're thinking...but believe me at my size he would not be looking at me for any other reason lol. Who would have thought I would be smiling when running. I must actually be enjoying exercise
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    Running at 5:45am in 26°F. Felt great when I was done.
  • ChazzyEvilKitty2014
    Options
    I challenged myself as to how much exercise I could get done today, I managed to get an hour and fourty minutes :D
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Rather than have tomato soup for lunch like I wanted (which I make creamy with some milk), I made a wrap with roast beef, cheddar, and light Italian dressing on tomato basil flatbread. It tasted great and was much healthier!
  • cherie515
    cherie515 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I turned down a lunch invite (2 of them actually). I stayed at work and ate measly leftover stuff I had in the house and stayed within my calories. Then at lunch someone brought homemade bars and they stayed on the table where I ate and I left them alone. I want to save my calories and enjoy some chips/salsa tonight.
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I bit the lazy bullet and decided that any amount of time to exercise is better than none at all. The day isn't over yet. That means I still have plenty of hours to burn off some more. I'm proud of myself for keeping positive and motivated!
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I passed on sweets today when everyone else was having dessert. Very HUGE accomplishment for me :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    walked for over an hour in the snow, minus 0, yep it was freezing, and i hated every second of it, but it was done! =)
  • doubleclick_darling
    Options
    I completed a 5k, and then did a mini-walk to pass the time instead of just sitting around waiting for the campus library to open. And I parked as far from the rec where the 5k would start as my permit would allow (which was across campus), instead of right behind it, which my permit also allows.
  • RicaJamie
    Options
    Started C25K. :drinker: