Would you PAY for mfp?

Options

Replies

• FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, absolutely. Now, probably not. I'm also no longer trying to lose weight though.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I'd get a new free app.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Hell no. They don't listen to users regarding fixing things on this site. They put their developers on things like adding a 'like' button, instead of useful features (like being able to edit recipes).
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    A big NOPE here!
  • supersavinglady
    supersavinglady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! I love MFP as it is a huge convenience, but part of the reason I use is it is that it's free! If they started charging I would find a free site.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    No. My main reason for using MFP is for food logging. There are other good apps and websites out there that are free.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    No I would not pay to use it.
    I'd pay for the app to get rid of all the adverts
    I use google chrome and adblock....I have zero ads.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No. If I had to pay, I'd leave. There are other FREE options out there..
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Not sure. When I was first looking around and thinking about sites, absolutely not. Now that I've used this for a while and it has value for me -- it's a tough call.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'd be gone too. I figure I have my little notebook and access to the USDA nutrition website (which is awesome so thank you again to those that pointed me in that direction!!!). I like the friends aspect but hell, I get that from the group of friends and co-workers I'm doing this with. This is a very nice convienence but I'm not spending more money than I have to.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    its a no for me to
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Only if they had the data on micros like nutritiondata does.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would pay a small amount per month, because it is useful to me.

I don't get any adds because I use AdBlocker :smile:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I deal with certain MFP issues because it is free. There are parts of this site (database & reporting) that would infuriate me if I was paying.
    For me to pay, MFP (or a competitor) would have to offer:
    • A human curated, updated calorie database - have to be people dedicated to updating it.
    • Way way better reporting. Way better visualizations, way more options on what to report. I would want nutritional info by any date range (i.e. what are my overall micro/macro levels for X amount of time). Have to be able to export the data in a wide variety of ways. Tracks everything from the day you sign up
    • A better social experience. Simple things like a little "notification" notice right in the site, rather than pushing notifications to your email or phone.
    • A calendar view w/scheduling - hopefully that could sync with popular calendar apps.
    Additionally, the database should have refined sorting/filtering capabilities that work the same between apps and websites. I want the DB to allow me to filter for my entries, MFP-curated entries, macro/micro entries (e.g. only see the one with a specific cal count, etc.)
    However, as-is, no I wouldn't pay for MFP website, but I would pay a one-time $0.99 for an ad-free app. The Android app is finally stable, but a few months ago it was absolute HELL to use.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    They have shown no indication that they intend to provide a reliable, bug free, customer focused experience. If they even think of charging, they are going to have to treat mfp like a serious business.

Fix ALL the bugs in the apps.
    TEST updates thoroughly before rolling them out to minimize bugs in live releases.
    Cull the database of flawed an inaccurate entries.

If they want to charge like a business, they need to treat it like a business instead of a hobby run by people with a high school mentality.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    App is too buggy for me to pay. People's status updates just disappear on the app, but are visible on the site. When I write something on a friend's wall, my comment appears on my wall. Lots of junk in the food database, too--such as people's homemade and incorrect recipes--which appear as logging suggestions.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    heck no. Old fashioned pen and paper works just fine, or i'd make an excel document or something
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I would, provided some changes are made. The reporting function is lacking a bit, I'd like an excel export ability, amongst other things.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    nopenopenope
    0.jpg
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Not every month. But I would pay for the phone app to remove the ads.