Goodbye Coffee Creamer

Options

Replies

• LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    put some vanilla almond milk in your coffee. its such a small amount of calories (35 per entire cup, which you wouldn't be using) and it tastes great!
  • _jessicamarie_
    _jessicamarie_ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My friend started trying to break up with coffee creamer too. She started using almond milk and a little vanilla extract. She says it's okay, not the same at all, but a decent substitute. I am still meeting up with coffee creamer on a daily basis and while I know I probably need to call it quits, I just am not ready yet... :-/
  • Whambam087
    Options
    I cannot drink coffee black. To me it tastes plain awful and is just not worth it. What I've tried to do is find the minimum amount of creamer and sugar I can get away and still have it tasting great. I found 1 tsp of creamer and 1 packet of stevia does the trick for me.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    I cannot drink coffee black. To me it tastes plain awful and is just not worth it. What I've tried to do is find the minimum amount of creamer and sugar I can get away and still have it tasting great. I found 1 tsp of creamer and 1 packet of stevia does the trick for me.

You don't like coffee; you like dairy.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk in my tea! So good.

I love almond milk in coffee!!! OM NOM NOM

Of course, we've been using regular french vanilla of late, but maybe if I put the almond milk in the coffee creamer container my husband won't notice....
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

You don't like coffee; you like dairy.

Oh yeah, she really loves dairy with a WHOLE TEASPOON in a CUP of coffee. :laugh:
  • sitayaksha
    Options
    I use coffee mate , it is 10 cals for a teaspoon so I measure out my teaspoon and have 3-6 cups a day and a always under 100 cals for my coffee.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I will not give up my coffee, I just had to modify it like everything else. I use French Vanilla Sugar Free Coffee Creamer. 3 tbsp has 45 calories, 0 protein, 3 fat, 3 carbs, 15 sodium, 0 sugar and I use Stevia to sweeten.

Drink on & be happy! :drinker:
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use two tablespoons of the So Delicious Vanilla coconut creamer with 1 teaspoon of sugar (the creamer is sweet so that is all the sugar I need to add). Total calories for one cup is only 55 calories.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could give up my creamer or coffee. You are stronger than I am. :drinker:
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I actually went black, then came back up from there. My first cup of the day always has a tablespoon of heavy cream (hell yes) and a teaspoon of sugar. It's excellent. If I have another at home, it's usually black from there on out.
  • cmfranco11
    cmfranco11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love mycofee creamer...I tend to exercise more to compensate for added
    calories.
    Cynthia
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to go without coffee though? It's the creamer you are wanting to kill from your diet. Coffee has about 5 cals per cup.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk in my tea! So good.

Really? You like how it separates in the coffee & tea? Ewww.
  • PositiveBody
    PositiveBody Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Flavored Stevia? Hmmmm....that's new to me. Is there a brand you like? Thanks!
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I make room for it in my calories daily. I drink it with half/half (no sugar) but get loads of fat :/ and yes I usually am over or high on my fat intake. It is my true luxury (food/drink wise) and everyone needs one of those :) Best of luck to you! You're certainly stronger than I am
  • sickpenie66
    Options
    Try Mini Moo creamers. Each little cup is only 10 calories and they make French vanilla too.I have a Keurig and this limits my coffee/caffeine intake. They make what is called Half-Caf, which is half regular coffee and half decaf. Brewing a cup at a time has really kept me straight. My favorite kitchen appliance is my Keurig and I gave it as gifts. They love it too. Good luck.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee - could never give it up - black with no sugar yummmmm.
  • rogerhartford
    Options
    When I started MFP I was dumping in three sweet n low and about 10 tsp creamer per 20 oz cup. And I have 5 or 6 cups per day. I realized that I was adding around 500 calls per day on coffee. Now I just sprinkle in a little creamer to lighten it a little.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Mom gets weirded out when she sees me with black coffee so I'll have maybe...1.5-2 tablespoons of creamer at night with the coffee when we have one, otherwise I'll just drink it black. No sugar no nothing, it's actually quite flavorful once you get down to REALLY tasting it and then when you think about the creamer you realise that you've been covering up the good stuff with flavoring/sugar etc