What motivates you to send a PM to a stranger on MFP?

Options
HappyRunner34
HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
...is it their photo, a post, or just randomness?

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    In response to a post I want further clarification on without derailing the original thread.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Their amazing personality of boobs!?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Only in reply to them contacting me first.
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Because I'm a creeper.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever sent one first.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I am a creeper and a perv....sometimes it works out better than others....
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A common interest or locale
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I am a creeper and a perv....sometimes it works out better than others....

Truth.

I don't know that I've ever sent one first...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Usually it's because I have something I wish to say to them. Since I don't have their phone number or e-mail address, it is very difficult to reach out to them in a more traditional manner of communication. Obviously letters are a bit outmoded to say nothing of telegraph and homing pigeon. Usually people are too geographically dispersed on this website for my favorite media, two campbells soup cans and a string.

So I rely on sending a PM.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Usually something they have said in a forum post or a friends wall.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its a random compliment, sometimes I laughed at a post they wrote, sometimes I'm bored!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I will talk to everyone,....however my answer will depend on what they say or rather what they imply....
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Usually it's because I have something I wish to say to them. Since I don't have their phone number or e-mail address, it is very difficult to reach out to them in a more traditional manner of communication. Obviously letters are a bit outmoded to say nothing of telegraph and homing pigeon. Usually people are too geographically dispersed on this website for my favorite media, two campbells soup cans and a string.

that or you or on to another "science experiment"
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this too since I received the meanest PM I've ever gotten today from someone I don't even know... So, please, do tell.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Woooooow. You totally skip smoke signals? Fancy.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

what about smoke signals? have you tried those? :huh:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    ...is it their photo, a post, or just randomness?
    Usually a post. If I have something to say that's off-topic to the thread or I want to make sure that something I think is important doesn't get lost.

I PM'd someone yesterday who asked me a direct question under someone else's status.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know this too since I received the meanest PM I've ever gotten today from someone I don't even know... So, please, do tell.

I think you should hunt them down and kick their azz.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I don't think I ever sent a PM to stranger.
  • lizyoface
    lizyoface Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Gettin my ol' creep on! HA! Just kidding. I think it's good to have support from other people, excluding family and friends who most likely aren't doing the same things as you. Plus its nice to hear about other people killing it in the gym for some thinspiration :)