How many pounds a week do YOU shoot for ?

Options
13»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A pound a week, almost 2100 calories. Hopefully once I quit drinking regular soda I'm going to up it to 1.5 a week.
  • echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    .5 a week, 1795 cals a day
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    I strive to lose 2 pounds per week and 1200-1300 calories per day.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1500 a day.

I aim to lose a lb a week and I do that. :)

I worked my calories from a website called scooby doo. It's brilliant!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 goal weight is 150, current weight is 166. I eat an average of 1500 a day to lose 1lb/week.
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    At least 1 or 2 pounds
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I set MFP up for 1-1.5 per week and it has me on an 1860 calorie per day target. Here's the big thing, though. I really don't care all that much about the scale. I only plan on weighing myself every other week. Maybe in a little while I will weigh myself once a week. See, scales SUCK! I much prefer NSVs. For instance, yesterday I wore a pair of pants that are one waist size smaller than I've been wearing. Over the past three weeks I've noticed my clothes fitting better, I have more energy, people have noticed I've lost some weight, and I don't get as winded as I have in the past.

Don't become a slave to the scale. If you're gaining muscle and losing fat YOU ARE WINNING!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    2 lbs per week - 1390 calories

lightly active on the settings
  • fayefayee5
    fayefayee5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My goal is 2 lbs a week.

I have my calorie goal set to 1500 a day, and am exercising daily, burning approx 300-400 a day.

Right now im losing 5 a week, but im just starting on my path, and im heavier, so I know it comes off quicker right now, and will then slow down .
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I don't lose weight easily at all. As long as it's not a positive number on the scale, I'll call it a victory and keep plugging along.
  • jmaccheddar
    Options
    I eat about 1800-1900 cals on in 'inactive' days and about 2000-2400 on the days I work out. I am male, 5 foot 11 and 284 lbs and have been losing 2lbs on week doing this over the last month.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    To get an idea of what any of that even means though, you really need to be getting more information from people... such as How much they currently weigh/have to lose, for example. Otherwise, this questions is really kinda pointless.

That's true - I have only been tracking since Jan 1/14 an dropped way more than 2 per week but I have LOTS to lose so I expect that it will slow down fairly soon. Hopefully when it does I will still lose at least 1 lb per week. It does make a difference when you set your activity level when you make your profile. Sedentary VS Lightly Active VS Moderately Active VS Very Active will all make a difference.
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    2 lbs a week at 1200 cals a day, but I am losing way more than that because I am super pudgy.
  • pichu_318
    pichu_318 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    2-2.5 pounds is what I aim for, but I lost 4 pounds my first week o.e
    I try to eat a net amount of calories of 1200, but I usually have about 1000 calories of exercise per day P: