5"0' Ladies Please Show Share Your Success

Options

Replies

• 1roseKATgb
    1roseKATgb Posts: 11
    Options
    I also drink a gallon of water daily,I also workout 6x a week(Hip Hop Abs) and resistance train 5 days/week- I burn over 1,000 cals. per workout and my BMR is 1,144 cals/day,AND I have an underactive thyroid!! Confused!!:huh:
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    4ft 11
  • rozthegreatest
    rozthegreatest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I started my fitness journey on December 24th, 2012 but I didn't find MyFitnessPal until June.

I have lost 50 pounds from December 24th, 2012 to July 13th, 2013. (6 and 1/2 months)

I have done it by following these 5 steps:

1. Utilizing strength training / weight lifting 6 days per week.

I alternate between Leg Day, Back Day, Chest Day and then take one day off per week. I gradually increase my weights as I progress.

2. Utilizing cardio

I do aerobics 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night, 6 days per week with one day off.

3. Changing my diet and recording my intake on MyFitnessPal

I follow Dr. McDougall's Ultimate Guide to Weight Loss. Dr. McDougall is vegan, but you can eat as many legumes and vegetables you want in a day. He has videos on Youtube.

4. Last but not least, I listen to motivational / inspirational videos on Youtube 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes before I go to sleep at night. My favorite speaker is Tony Robbins, but I listen to Brian Tracy, Les Brown, Wayne Dyer, and many others. I listen to topics such as Financial success, changing your attitude, staying positive, relationship advice, etc. Sometimes, I go to sleep listening to subliminal tapes that whisper positive things in my ear as I am sleeping.

5. I identified my values and reinforce them daily. Values such as Integrity, Courage, Persistence, Consistency, Passion, Focus, Commitment, etc. I have 28 different values, and I base my life decisions on what a person with "Integrity" would do, what a person with "Courage" would do... what a person who is "Consistent" would do, etc.

Hope this helps, it worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone looks amazing. I am 4'11 and went from 162 to 121- I am working to get to about 110 but by the looks of some of these awesome shorties, the scale don't mean **** if you got muscle!
    Feel free to look at my photos on my page!
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    <--- 4'11" here. been overweight for a while now. Started out at 179 and lost about 20lbs before I got pregnant. My baby boy just turned 1 a few days ago and I am at that same weight again, this time with no muscle at all and a huge - still pregnant-looking belly. I've actually gained 10lbs since the baby was born which makes me so angry. I"m starting up again.... want to get down to something that I feel comfortable at and look good at. Numbers don't mean anything really, it's about how healthy you are. I'm currently feeling defeated and overwhelmed with the task ahead of me.... need all the support and *kitten* kicking I can get.
  • sophisli
    sophisli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    4. Last but not least, I listen to motivational / inspirational videos on Youtube 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes before I go to sleep at night. My favorite speaker is Tony Robbins, but I listen to Brian Tracy, Les Brown, Wayne Dyer, and many others. I listen to topics such as Financial success, changing your attitude, staying positive, relationship advice, etc. Sometimes, I go to sleep listening to subliminal tapes that whisper positive things in my ear as I am sleeping.

5. I identified my values and reinforce them daily. Values such as Integrity, Courage, Persistence, Consistency, Passion, Focus, Commitment, etc. I have 28 different values, and I base my life decisions on what a person with "Integrity" would do, what a person with "Courage" would do... what a person who is "Consistent" would do, etc.

Hope this helps, it worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is really cool. It's such an expression of a mature, holistic approach to change...since weight loss after all is a form of change (for the long run). I think I am going to look up some of these myself. Thanks for sharing!
  • mrskk22
    mrskk22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    5'0 with no pics. I've never really been thin, or at least I was frequently informed of this as a a child. I remember hating being weighed in front of everybody back in elementary school because I was one of the heaviest. Looking back, I may have been a bit thick, but I didn't hit obese until I was maybe 17, no longer had to walk hills several hours a day, was working a fast food joint, and had a boyfriend with his own body issues. Got my driver's license at 135 and graduated high school at 174. Dropped him and simple sugars and was down to 157 when I got to college. Got complacent and social and graduated that at 195. That was in December of '08.

Around here, starting weight was 205-ish back at the end of September. Lost 8 pounds the first week of MFP, largely due to a massive influx of fiber. Initial goal weight was 150 but as I started getting there I realized I could do better than "just barely obese". Last weigh-in at the hospital was 152 a couple weeks ago. I don't consider my bathroom scale to be an accurate depiction, but it says I weigh 145 right now, clothed, fed, and mostly hydrated.

New goal weight: 130. I hope to be stacked, built, and a bloody machine. Once again.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" . I do not know if I am a success story in the strict sens of the word because I lost my weight over a 2 years period. It was quite slow but it made it possible for me to build a strong metabolism and I can now eat 1700 calories and still lose weight.

11614737_7941.jpg

This is my new after

11614737_8128.jpg
  • miri17k
    miri17k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CupcakeKendra
    CupcakeKendra Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    comparison_side_day90.jpg

I ended up losing 52 lbs in 100 days. I have maintained 45-48 lbs off....now I am hitting it hard again!!! I want to get rid of another 50lbs! I am exactly 5 foot. :)
  • Mamabearto5
    Mamabearto5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi *waves* I am 5'2" and started out at 203 lbs.. I am currently 175 and have a way to go... you can see my pic in my avitar... I am in the yellow top.
  • AmayaJo1
    Options
    Bump
  • starrzziiee
    starrzziiee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sooo amazing.. :)
  • loddie26
    Options
    Bump
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't have very good pics, but here it goes..

Height - 5 ft
    Heaviest weight - 135lbs
    Current weight - 110 lbs

Before :
    photo.php?fbid=10151090863055793&l=a311de98cb

A month back :
    photo.php?fbid=10151090863055793&l=a311de98cb

I have done Ripped in 30 after the last pic.. and have lost inches.. But havent taken a pic yet since I completed it today.
  • Jfox2014
    Jfox2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' tall, joined MFP in January, when my 2nd baby(delivered via repeat c-section) was 6 weeks, & have lost 65lbs (11lbs of it was pregnancy weight).

Night before Indelivered: 211
    Early March, 6 weeks into MFP: about 170
    [img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/419a78fefbb11caf547e4457453d9ee1.jpg[/img]

During: 139, size 8-10.
    126, size 4
    [img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/1771e74b60c9d7d1773fb239eaf6cf7b.jpg[/img]

Almost there:
    1st half of pic: 117lbs, size 2
    GOAL: 110lbs, size 00/0
    I use this picture because those last 7lbs made a good difference on us shorties!

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/87a71eda7f33c1035ff211648c139869.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/mpollak83/Weight Loss Journey/5d3a99dd94f9c170073aa69257dfe79b.jpg[/img]

Oh my Gosh you look great!!! well done!!
  • Kattzmeow51
    Options
    Bumpity-Bump for Inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    145ish in the before (I deleted some of the pics where I weighed more :/) annnnd 115 in the second pic!

I'm more at 120 right now but working on dat muscle! Will take new pics in a month or so :)

18443982_520.jpg
    18443982_6351.jpg
  • mahriab1
    mahriab1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!