Guys, do you like it when the woman makes the first move?

Options

Replies

• rav52
    rav52 Posts: 495
    Options
    Ill make the first move ...once I had my fireball shot. Then its on!
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I agree ^^^^^@MityMax96
    And with the amount of times a woman has to reject advances by lets say rude individuals, it's understandable that they would be quick to shrug off any moves made by strangers, so at least some hints are apreciated when their is some interest.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Yes because I'm so shy and unconfident if she doesn't it aint going to happen, sad but true.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    In theory, I like it.

In practice, I've had women pursue me and it never worked out. I felt flattered, but not particularly interested (and a few were pretty hot). Go figure.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i fancied the local barman and i had a feeling he liked me too. He gave me anf my roomate a lift home one night and she stole a soft toy from his car cause she thought it was funny. I took a picture of it and printed it out with a ransom note. Either £1000 or a date. I got a date and we are now married
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It seems so different nowadays! Men are a lot more shy and wanting the women to approach, eh??
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i pretty much always make the first move. it goes well 90% of the time. but unfortunately, it's starting to make me think no men are interested in me and they just say yes because they have nothing better to do because i'm always the one that has to approach, so that blows.
  • dpwaltman03
    dpwaltman03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! This saves me having to try and guess what you are thinking!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    In theory, I like it.

In practice, I've had women pursue me and it never worked out. I felt flattered, but not particularly interested (and a few were pretty hot). Go figure.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wish I had that problem.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    i pretty much always make the first move. it goes well 90% of the time. but unfortunately, it's starting to make me think no men are interested in me and they just say yes because they have nothing better to do because i'm always the one that has to approach, so that blows.

But wouldn't that be the same thing for the guy then???

If he makes the first move, and then you say yes......because you have nothing better to do?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    It seems so different nowadays! Men are a lot more shy and wanting the women to approach, eh??

Well let's face it....
    Why wouldn't they??

Men in the media/hollywood are depicted as dumb idiots.....
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    Options

If he makes the first move, and then you say yes......because you have nothing better to do?

no. it's "normal" for a guy to make the first move. he's doing it because he's interested and she's saying yes because she's interested. that's the way it works. men have "learned" to approach women they are interested in. so if you are a girl and you've NEVER been approached, there is something wrong with you, because it's what men are "supposed" to do. if you're a guy who has never been approached, that's normal because women were taught not to approach.

(i used all the "" because that's in a stereotypical world where men approach and women do not)
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Ideal situation is when the girl drops hints that she's interested and then waits for the guy to actually try and set up the first date. Now in the day of internet dating though, I think it's safe to say anything goes.

Drops hints sounds like playing games. Can't we just be honest and direct?
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have no shame... If I want something, you're going to know about it. I think that waiting around for someone to notice you is a good way to go unnoticed. It's nice when a man makes the first move but it's not necessary. One of my lady friends has been single for a while and is online dating. She feels the need to sit back and wait for men to come to her, when really, if you like someone (or their profile/photos in her case), do something about it! Why wait around? If they don't like you for it, oh well. There will be plenty of men who find that display of confidence attractive and will appreciate it.
  • MityMax96
    Options

no. it's "normal" for a guy to make the first move. he's doing it because he's interested and she's saying yes because she's interested. that's the way it works. men have "learned" to approach women they are interested in. so if you are a girl and you've NEVER been approached, there is something wrong with you, because it's what men are "supposed" to do. if you're a guy who has never been approached, that's normal because women were taught not to approach.

(i used all the "" because that's in a stereotypical world where men approach and women do not)

And thus stereo types are the problem....

Cause for me, I fail to see the difference between the two scenarios
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    Options

And thus stereo types are the problem....

Cause for me, I fail to see the difference between the two scenarios

so what you are telling me you isn't an emotional, hormonal 21 year old that feels ugly when her friends all get hit on in public and she's the fat one. awesome info. :laugh:

hey wanna get a beer sometime? :drinker:
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I usually make the first move. I hate anticipation. Either the guy says yes and we go out, or he says no and I can stop thinking about it.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Ideal situation is when the girl drops hints that she's interested and then waits for the guy to actually try and set up the first date. Now in the day of internet dating though, I think it's safe to say anything goes.

Drops hints sounds like playing games. Can't we just be honest and direct?

LOL
    In my case.....dropping hints don't work.
    I have never been able to pick those up......
    They go right by me, cause I always make the assumption she isn't interested in me......

My wife would always say something like "she was hitting on you"......if some woman was "dropping a hint".......
    I never knew it.
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    just recently I went out with someone.. bit shy ,, he started touching my hand.. I thought he wanted to start the 'touching'.. so i kissed him straight and he kissed me back.. and then he asked me other things... then chatting on the fb he was telling me i jumped on him??? ehhhhh?? WTF!! i was the icebreaker if i had to seat down we would have get to the kiss thing after hours.. stupid idiot!!
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I think a strong, confident woman is the sexiest thing there is.

Aaaaand I never had any confidence with women, so I might still be alone if my wife hadn't made the first move. (Still basically had to shout it in my face)