What film did you see last?

Options

Replies

• lodiloohoo64
    lodiloohoo64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Barbie, life in the dream house..........my grand child picked. I love her....obviously, as I wanted to poke out my mind's eye. Looking so forward to your recap on this one. Gotcha!
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just watched Enders Game. I loved the book(s) when I was younger, so was really looking forward to this. It was pretty good, but not quite as good as it could have been. Good choices with casting, and some good effects but something was off, I didn't get drawn in the way I expected to be.

I think it was too choppy for those of us who read the books. I also think that they did such an amazing job at realizing the Battle Room and then they didn't spend much time on the events that happened there.
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options

What are some of your favourite subtitled / depressing / quirky films? If nothing else maybe you can recommend a few for me, lol.

Lilja 4ever
    Dead Girl
    I Spit On Your Grave (Part 2, never seen part 1 - not really into the absurdly depressing and heart breaking genre)

Last film I seen? Underworld: Evolution

I missed the original quote.

Subtitled films I love:
    Battle Royal
    Eat Drink Man Woman
    My Left Eye Sees Ghosts

British Dark Comedies I love:
    The Baker
    Hotel Splendide

Those are top of my head films. There are many others.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options

What are some of your favourite subtitled / depressing / quirky films? If nothing else maybe you can recommend a few for me, lol.

Lilja 4ever
    Dead Girl
    I Spit On Your Grave (Part 2, never seen part 1 - not really into the absurdly depressing and heart breaking genre)

Last film I seen? Underworld: Evolution

I missed the original quote.

Subtitled films I love:
    Battle Royal
    Eat Drink Man Woman
    My Left Eye Sees Ghosts

British Dark Comedies I love:
    The Baker
    Hotel Splendide

Those are top of my head films. There are many others.

MUST write all these down.

Saw out of the furnace...Love me a bit of Bale. :)
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    Lone Survivior...way too intense for me to watch and I had to walk out. Sadly, this is war and reality but I couldn't handle the torture and agony these men faced.
  • howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options
    Last I remember was

"The Secret Life of Walter Mity"

I recommend!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Don Jon - An Epic failure of a movie.

0/10 would not bang, pass, no, can't get that time back. . .
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I, Frankenstein. while i thoroughly identified with the main character, the movie was a popcorn-muncher, which (for me) means it was ultimately forgettable. i should have stopped at the previous week's Cloud Atlas. that one is still in my head.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Don Jon - An Epic failure of a movie.

0/10 would not bang, pass, no, can't get that time back. . .

I could've told you that one would've been terrible. Is there atleast some good sex scenes in there that I can watch sometime?

I rented this one week after I rented "Thanks for sharing" I must have a sixth sense when it comes to picking out movies where people are chronic masturbators. Pfffft! Needless to say, I am no longer allowed to pick out movies :ohwell:
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Cockney's VS Zombies. It was funny. Some of the gross scenes were a little too gross. But still very good for Horror Comedy.

Have you seen Lesbian Vampire Killers?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Thor: the Dark World (I think that's the proper wording of its title).

Not my kind of movie, but I enjoyed it. My husband and I saw it in 3D at a really nice theatre with comfy recliner seats so it was better than seeing it on DVD or something ;-)

The last movie I watched at home was Logan's Run (1976). I thought it was AWESOME and can't believe I had never seen it before!!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I rented this one week after I rented "Thanks for sharing" I must have a sixth sense when it comes to picking out movies where people are chronic masturbators. Pfffft! Needless to say, I am no longer allowed to pick out movies :ohwell:

I didn't hate Thanks For Sharing. It at least had something to say. Don Juan was just a mess. It was like he wrote the ending first, asked someone for help in writing a movie that gets to that ending, and that person said 'I don't know, just jerk off for 90 minutes until you can make a jump to that ending.." and he took them seriously.
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    Just watched Enders Game with my husband. I had read the book, he wont read. im getting a lot better at keeping my mouth shut about whats going to happen next, or what was supposed to happen
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I watched Johnny Knoxville's Bad Grandpa Monday night.. absolutely hilarious!
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Bad grandpa!! yall have to watch it, way better then ANY of the jacka** movies!
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Dallas Buyer's Club- Good Movie but Sad.