A Year Later - 158 Pounds gone!

Options

Replies

• frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome and at least 10 years younger!!!!!. And so glad your health problems have improved! You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Very impressive sir!!
  • barbatteberysmith
    barbatteberysmith Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Well done..
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks - looks like you are on an incredible journey yourself.... great loss!
  • mikemsu
    Options
    MsMarlaJean - I'm not sure that I am on maintenance yet. I've have upped my calories for the last month (lost another 3 lbs.!) and am still toning and seeing where I end up. My Dr. and a personal trainer I consulted with midway through my journey and again recently both think I am about where I should be.
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for telling your incredible and inspirational story - a great lesson for one and all
  • iamafoodaholic
    iamafoodaholic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job you have done! You look AMAZING!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Congrats on your weight loss, and your new (although nearly a year old) granddaughter. :) I'm sure she will look back and see these pics and see how Grandpa became healthy and living a fullfilled life! You, sir, are awesome!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow....what dedication and the amazing result is fantastic. Thank you for sharing. You look wonderful and the best part is that you have added many years to your lifespan. Thanks for the 'kick in the pants' I needed.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job. I admire your dedication.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    great job man!
  • Mochi915
    Mochi915 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Thanks for such an inspirational story!
  • mcgeesmith
    mcgeesmith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Amazing results - you look fantastic and your story of feeling better is inspirational.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Your story is great inspiration! Thank you for sharing. Your progress is wonderful and I love how you have begun enjoy new/old hobbies. you look great. I hope you continue enjoying your journey of healthy living.
  • mikemsu
    Options
    WOW - what an amazing response to my post today ... THANK YOU ALL! It's been great looking of many of your losses and stories as well.

For those of you just starting out or some who have hit a bump in the road, I will suggest something that was shared with me very early on - Take Regular Photos of yourself (my son took mine). Even when you think in your mind you aren't making progress, you can look at the photos and see that you have! I'm so glad I had them to help me stay on track.

I also have kept a journal writing down my weight (weighed in 2X per week) and wrote something on each weigh-in entry about what had happened or how I felt to go with it... and had smaller goals (25 pounds for me) to reach for as this seemed more attainable than the huge amount I wanted to lose.

Keep up the good job of inspiring yourself, encouraging others and becoming a healthier you on this journey of life!!!
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable transformation! You look at least 20 years younger, and very handsome. I know you must be happy to be so fit and active now. In a few years, you'll be taking that granddaughter skiing with you!
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment!!! Congrats!
  • melismh
    melismh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Outstanding accomplishment ....... nicely done ....... keep on truckin' !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!