Poll: What running shoes do you wear?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    After my race in October, I tried the Kinvarra and the amount of cushion was striking. Unfortunately, after running in them a few times since then, I've had pain in the tibialis anterior muscle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibialis_anterior_muscle) in my right leg. Very strange that it would hit me on just one side in one specific muscle but my guess is that the amount of cushion in the Kinvarra is enough to cause me to change my gait and that brings on something that could became an injury.

That's so weird because I've been dealing with a pain like that in my left leg. I've been in Kayanos, Adrenalines, Trances, and now Wave Inspires and it's all the same. I'm a forefoot striker as well, but I don't know what effect the cushioning has had on my gait.
  • tcat100
    tcat100 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a heavier runner and found brooks to work best for me.
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wear both Brooks Glycerin 11 and Saucony Triumph 10 which I alternate between. They are both pretty cushy shoes. I need a wide toe box which both have.

I also have Saucony Kinvara 3s which I have worn for short runs and 5K races. I ran 3 hard races in November (4 miler, 10K and 5K) and developed a foot injury. I'm not sure if the Kinvaras are to blame (had worn them 6 months prior without injury) but am afraid to wear them now.
  • JuliexAnne
    Options
    I love my K-Swiss Tubes!
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline GTS for good weather days....
    Asics GT-2000 2 Trail for inclement weather days and trail or trail like days.
  • chichi2130
    chichi2130 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just bought my first pair of dedicated running shoes - Asics Gel Kayano... they make me want to run more often, which is always a plus :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    For the road I recently bought a pair of Nike Pegasus 30s. Uglier than sin, but love them.

On the trail I use Speed Cross 3s. They survive my OCR obsession well and are insanely comfortable.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Nike with the gel inserts for now
  • AusEliza
    AusEliza Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Nike, the ones with the ipod thingy that records your distances. Totally recommend as it really helps you keep track of everything.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Asics Gel Cumulus 15. Made a change to a different brand and it didn't work for me so I'm sticking with these babies.
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    Love my Brooks
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ravenna for now. I've been through many, Cadence, Adrenaline's last year. Tried Saconys and they didn't offer enough support.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    5 fingers are the way to go.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Inspire 9's, LOVE!