Remind me why I shouldn't eat a donut.

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I had a Dunkin Donuts cookie dough donut yesterday morning -- over 400 calories in that one item -- I kept thinking of that when I was running on the treadmill last night.....

I did not know such a fantastic thing existed. I must find it and taste it.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    :devil: I would eat the doughnut. But probably only if it was a Krispy Kreme. And, a single glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut is 200 calories. I can burn that!

:flowerforyou: But don't let temptation get the best of you if you simply can't afford it in your count for the day.

:devil: But, it's a doughnut so you might need to make peace with it and your body.

:glasses: Ignore me. I'm now fighting the impulse to run see if the Hot Doughnuts Now sign is on...
  • eadebeaux
    eadebeaux Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Because you are BETTER than the doughnut! LOL! I know how challenging that is...an office I used to work in, every year around Thanksgiving and up until Christmas day, all of the residents and vendors would bring in OVERLOADS of free lunches, sweets, etc. It was very challenging for me. I packed my lunch and snacks for the day, and everytime I went into the breakroom, I wouldn't let myself look at the table with all the "goodies". I went straight to the fridge, got my lunch, and left the building, or sat at my desk and ate what I had brought with me, and then it was all good after that, because I was full and it lessened my cravings for the goodies on the breakroom table. You got this! Get ANGRY at that doughnut Rita! Just kidding...seriously, you got this! Just stop thinking about the doughnut...LOL.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would have a donut.

donut.jpg
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Well let's see, other than because it'll hit you in the sugar and carbs area there's these reasons:

Because they may have sneezed on it before they brought it in.
    Because it has hampster pee on it.
    Because they picked their butt in the elevator.
    Because they are secretly dieting and tempting you all so you'll be fatter than them.

Any of the above should gross you out/tick you off enough to walk away. :0)
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Or you can plan for the donut, and eat it, and lick your fingers afterwards. :smile:

This is what I would do.
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    eat the donut.
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    I would eat the donut!!! Fit it in your cals, its just basic budgeting!!! Eat donut be happy!!!

Eat the donut! I switched from maple bar to glazed maple round. Cut the calories in half and still I am able to occasionally splurge on a donut. It just goes in the MFP
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you really want one, it's okay to have one from time to time. Better yet, have half of one and really enjoy it. I think you have to eat some of the things you really want. Just log them and make sure you hit your calorie goals and don't feel guilty about it. Just don't do it all the time. As it is very popular to say on here, you could lose weight eating nothing but donuts as long as you maintained a calorie deficit. But it would be really hard for most people. I know when I eat a lot of sugar, it burn though it pretty fast and feel hungry again soon. So all donuts, all the time would be miserable if I was trying to maintain a calorie deficit. But one every now and then, or half of one, is no problem at all. And incorporating some treats into your "diet" can help you stick with it.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I would have the damn donut.

I don't have them daily and I can fit a single Krispy Kreme donut into my Macros and Calories with no problem.

I refuse to give up any foods. Moderation is where it is at!
  • cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My office has free donuts at least once a week (terrible, I know). A dozen just appeared in our breakroom. I need some reminders of why I shouldn't eat one. I am trying to maintain a low-carb diet but I am also a college student and I have a hard time turning down free food. Help!

Go ahead an eat it because I am absolutely SURE that you love to work your butt off at the gym. If you eat that donut, you will get to work even harder at the gym. So go ahead...enjoy the donut and the workout afterword.

Personally...I don't eat donuts because I am lazy. DUH! That is how I got so fat. If I wasn't lazy then I wouldn't be so out of shape.

But YOU my friend... you are a lean mean fighting machine that absolutely LOVES to sweat like a maniac in the gym...so go ahead!!!!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I would have a donut.

donut.jpg

the chocolate one?
  • i would eat the donut....

if I wanted one....if I liked them...

I had two slices of cake last night...

one was chocolate peanut butter,

the other was white chocolate raspberry....

OKOK I lied....i didn't eat two whole slices, but I had enough bites of each that I was happy, and sated....and cake full...

I shared the rest with my daughter....

but still..i wanted it and I ate it...and it fit in my macros...because...

CAKE.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help... I'd just eat a donut.

I lost 66 pounds while eating a donut or two every week.

Donuts are awesome.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    My office gets donuts every Friday. I have to remind myself that these are supermarket donuts. If I eat it, I will feel sick to my stomach and get a headache. It is best to not waste the calories on a donut I don't truly enjoy. I'd much rather get a dunkin or local bakery donut than a bland, oversugared grocery store donut.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I would remind you, but I'd probably eat the donut and make up for it elsewhere. Especially if it was a jelly donut.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Because they will not fit into your calorie limit, or your macronutrient balance.

And if the above statement isn't correct, then eat the donut.

^^ What he said.
  • 135OHK
    135OHK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    OK...whoever posted that 'donut picture' is JUST MEAN!!!!! Now I want a donut!!!!
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Because they'll be more for ME!!!
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This reminded me of when I was working. My boss loved donuts and would bring them in at least three times a week. We knew we shouldn't eat them but couldn't resist. I am sure this contributed to my weight gain when I was in my 40's. My boss ended up not
    making it to his 65th birthday. He had diabetes and a heart condition but ended up getting cancer and passed away suddenly. So, don't eat the donut. It I not good for you and has no nutritional value. I looked up the kind I used to eat, the chocolate covered one and they are 270 calories and 13 grams of sugar. Bring yourself a healthy snack, like a piece of fruit or some nuts and skip the donut.