What are you having for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Half bagel, 1 egg, 1 slice canadian bacon ( I make the egg and c bacon in microwave for a quick out the door bfast sandwich). Keeps me going til lunch time.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Cheddar Omelet and Maple Sausage patty
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Weekend (ie: when I have time!): eggs - usually scrambled on a slice of toast with spinach and mushrooms or soft-boiled with toast and marmite. Or porridge with a spoonful of peanut butter and some berries.

Weekdays (when I leave the house at 6:30am): whey protein shake. I LOVE the banana flavour ones made with water but have recently tried unflavoured protein powder with cold instant coffee (made the night before and kept in the fridge) with milk and a dash of cinnamon: MMMMM. I'm a convert!
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually have either porridge made with water with blueberries, yoghurt with sesame seeds and sultanas, omelette with mushrooms or tomatoes or grilled bacon and mushrooms.

Veggie sausages at the weekend but they taste so awful you need a dash of ketchup :-)
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, half a grapefruit, and turkey sausage is my go to breakfast :-)
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    green tea and a protein bar - it's a crazy busy morning.
  • louiseoxford
    louiseoxford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Small handful of frozen blueberries, small handful of chopped up frozen strawberries, half a small banana, 200ml of almond milk and a little squirt of honey - wizz in a blender for delicious fresh breakfast smoothie!

I can't really eat 'proper' food early in the morning so this smoothie is perfect for me!
  • 12nikkib
    Options
    Hi. I love the banana pancake idea. Thanks.
    I take a little bowl, rub a drip of olive oil in it and crack an egg and pierce with a fork. Pop in the microwave for about 40 sec.
    or however long you like it and place on a bagel thin with arugala (spicy greens). You can put turkey bacon or a little 2% cheese.
    Quick and easy...
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a serving of Kashi -Go Lean cereal with 1/2 cup fat free milk and I added 8 unsalted almonds and 1/2 cup of sliced banana to it...yummy!
  • Annalisa_87
    Annalisa_87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    weetbix!!
  • Oatmeal Smoothie I have twice a week:
    1) One cup of instant oatmeal
    2) One cup and a half of sugar free vanilla almond milk
    3) One teaspoon of chia seeds
    4) Half a cup of berries or banana
    6) half a serving size of raw organic almonds
    7) a packet of Stevia

Put all ingredients in a mason jar - don't cook the oatmeal. Shake it up and put in the fridge over night. BOOM in the morning, you breakfast is ready and it's delicious!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,949 Member
    Options
    Why don't you skip breakfast?

Or are you scared to?
    I'm sure everyone that eats breakfast is frightened to death..........I know I am........I had quiche lorraine, that I made the night before and it scared the bejesus out of me.
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    English muffin + 1.5 eggs + cheese + sausage patty

yesterday was homemade blueberry muffins

Tomm will be a peach/mango/spinach smoothie
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Why don't you skip breakfast?

Or are you scared to?
    I'm sure everyone that eats breakfast is frightened to death..........I know I am........I had quiche lorraine, that I made the night before and it scared the bejesus out of me.

^^ HA. This just made my afternoon.
  • delamar18
    Options
    Oatmeal and a tablespoon of Bear Naked granola with a banana or scrambled egg whites and oatmeal. Mid morning snack I'll eat Oikos greek vanill yogurt and water.
  • melmckay99
    Options
    I had a green smoothie made up of:
    Blueberries
    Tuscan Kale - this is the really dark green wrinkly kind of kale
    Avocado
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    Vanilla flavoured Vegan protein poweder
    Psyllium husk
    Ground Flax

It basically looks like green slop but eats like a meal!!! hellllllaaaa good too!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My typical M-F breakfast, a smoothie.

1/2C non-fat plain Greek yogurt
    1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1T Flax seeds
    1 Banana
    1/2C Berries (today it was strawberry)
    Splash of milk.

Delish.
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    omlette with artichoke garlic chicken sausage, fresh jalapenos, and some home made salsa
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Had oatmeal and 8oz of eggwhites
  • Judyls6
    Judyls6 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Low carb Tortilla, 1/4 cup egg white, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and sometimes depending on how active my morning is going to be a chocolate protein shake using almond milk (and sometimes 2 Tbsp of PB2 peanut butter)