Any geeks?

Options

Replies

• sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Snap.. I don't know if I'm a nerd, dork or geek?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Snap.. I don't know if I'm a nerd, dork or geek?

All of the above, Sheena!
  • debbiesweety
    Options
    I was on here a while back and had great success. Now I'm back and looking for some geeky, nerdy, and dorky friends! Would love to see the motivation on my feed.

I'm a geek, dork, and just plain odd with a slightly, no, great big dirty mind. Own a computer repair biz where we live, I founded it 10 years ago. I play eq2 mmorpg (waiting for eqnext) go to all the sony online gaming conventions in vegas. I watch sy fy, action adventure and stupid comedies. Pretty much if it gets a bad review, I will probably like it. Add me, if you like
  • pichu_318
    pichu_318 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with pokemon, and I can't go a whole week without finishing an anime series XD....also a band geek

If that counts as a geek, then yes I'm one :D
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I could probably play an expert solo behind my back in guitar hero, while having a conversation with you in wookie growls and Pokemon noises.

Add me if you like!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I was on here a while back and had great success. Now I'm back and looking for some geeky, nerdy, and dorky friends! Would love to see the motivation on my feed.

Technical a geek was a performer at a circus who would bite the heads off of chickens, so no, I'm not that. I do love all things Star Trek and read a book a day, though, and have been called a Grammar Nazi, so that might qualify me as a nerd!
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    <---- 40's and pure dork! Work in an I.T. dept. at least I don't live in a van down by the river!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Works in the video games industry.
    Likes sci-fi and horror.
    Loves heavy metal.
    Still watches wrestling.
    GEEEEEK!!!!
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm a scientist, does that count?
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    ooooh!!! oooooh!!! pick me! pick me!! :D
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    also a nerd, geek etc...i love my PS3 and currently rereading the Dune series!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    work in IT (though i dont live and breathe it)

love marvel comics
    liked DC until the new 52

have approx 250 graphic novels/Trade Paper backs

marvel unlimited app for ipad

green lantern ring tattoo

play fable I, II, III as well as the arkham series
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I swear the Dune series changed my life, but it doesn't get better than book one.

Forgot to mention I teach English!

Also, shout outs to John Carpenter / Kurt Russell films. My childhood was Big Trouble in Little China, The Thing and Escape from New York. Aaaaaaaah!

To be truthful, I never read any prequels. Just Dune, Children of, God Emperor of, etc. Only the stuff by Frank.

I forgot to say, please add me as a friend if you want. I am fairly active on MFP and encouraging and dorky and all that.

Any beer brewers in the house? It's been over a year since we did five gallons!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I swear the Dune series changed my life, but it doesn't get better than book one.

Forgot to mention I teach English!

Also, shout outs to John Carpenter / Kurt Russell films. My childhood was Big Trouble in Little China, The Thing and Escape from New York. Aaaaaaaah!

Im trying to read them this time chronologically..started with the Bultlerian Jihad
  • NeoOwnz
    NeoOwnz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    all those movies were a big part of my geek childhood.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you like Star Trek, Stargate, Fullmetal Alchemist, Steampunk, or 16th century history ADD ME! :P
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    all those movies were a big part of my geek childhood.

There is much more geekness to you than this. :flowerforyou:

People here are a higher level of geek than I am.
    I think I'm more of a dork.
  • keithaj1
    keithaj1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Geek here.
    Work in IT and use to work in film industry.
    Have played World of Warcraft from launch 10 years ago.
    Have been reading comic books for 35 years,
    Know way too much about Buffy, Lost, X-Files, Fringe, Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones / LoTR (books and TV show), and so on and so on.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So, I guess the answer is 'yes', there are geeks here :smile: And you are all awesome! Is anyone else reading the replies and nodding in agreement?