Remind me why I shouldn't eat a donut.

Options

Replies

• beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Instead of intolerance to donuts, you could say you have high blood sugar whenever people come by with treats. I chew sugar free bubble gum at work to keep my mouth busy and to stay awake.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I would have a donut.

donut.jpg

Oh dang it! Now I want a doughnut! The glazed chocolate with sprinkles one is calling my name...

One doughnut won't ruin your diet if you budget for it - However, the constant cravings you will have the rest of the day from eating that one doughnut WILL.

Choices, choices. :sad:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    mmmm .... fluffy happiness circles with energy sprinkles.
  • thevoice1973
    thevoice1973 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Because if you saw the lard used to deep-fry those suckers, you'd have yourself a micro-stroke! Free food is great, but donuts are not food, they're overly processed profit devices...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    its just not worth it. theres donuts in my office right now. im not even the least bit interested. not worth it to me. empty calories.
  • Nessaleesee
    Nessaleesee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always think donuts are more satisfying in theory than in reality - they are sugary and tastey, but only satisfying for that first bite. And you never actually feel more full than if you ate, say, a cookie or a granola bar.

I'm always a big fan of splitting it in half and trashing the uneaten half in the office kitchen. Or the minute you see the donuts in the breakroom, turn right back around and get your coat, walk to the nearest convenience store and get some fruit/yogurt/trail mix or a good cup of coffee. Getting yourself out of the building and literally away from temptation is helpful. Or send an email out or tell all your co-workers "Donuts are here!" and watch them descend like ravenous wolves and eat all of them in 2.4 seconds :laugh:
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Is it a crappy generic donut? Anything really special? No? Why bother then?

Is it the new brownie batter or cookie dough donut from Dunkin Donuts? Yes? Then eat it!!

:)
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    However, the constant cravings you will have

Great.

Now I have that song by K D Lang in my head.

Damn you MFP, damn you...
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    because they are evil...
  • Redhead_23
    Options
    Because you might have to work out longer. :P
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Because they will not fit into your calorie limit, or your macronutrient balance.

And if the above statement isn't correct, then eat the donut.

QFT
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Why all the donut haters?! :frown:

Donuts, while not very nutritious at all, are very yummy. They're little, fried pillows, from heaven, dipped in yummy, sweet goodness. I love them!...but I do not always eat them. I probably take in less than half a donut per month. I figure that's a reasonable ratio coupled with all of the nutrient-dense foods that I regularly eat. :bigsmile:
  • HSnyder1984
    HSnyder1984 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm....donuts
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Because they will not fit into your calorie limit, or your macronutrient balance.

And if the above statement isn't correct, then eat the donut.

^^ This.
  • liddylee
    liddylee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Donuts are my single greatest weakness (although spaghetti with meat sauce is close second).

I just repeat in my head...

You are better than this
    You do not need to eat that
    You are a bad *kitten*
    Walk away, just walk away
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Because if you saw the lard used to deep-fry those suckers, you'd have yourself a micro-stroke! Free food is great, but donuts are not food, they're overly processed profit devices...

Complete nonsense.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would have a donut.

donut.jpg

Oh dang it! Now I want a doughnut! The glazed chocolate with sprinkles one is calling my name...

One doughnut won't ruin your diet if you budget for it - However, the constant cravings you will have the rest of the day from eating that one doughnut WILL.

Choices, choices. :sad:

They look good right?
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Or you can plan for the donut, and eat it, and lick your fingers afterwards. :smile:

^^That^^

Alternately, you could ask a co-worker if they're willing to split a donut with you :)
  • Kamacoma
    Options
    The donuts will still be there when you're thin.. they aren't going anywhere (unfortunately) and will be waiting for you...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Man, I feel for you. College student/free food/donuts? I got nothing. But I will pray for you. Even if your not the praying type. Alternatively WWKD?