A Year Later - 158 Pounds gone!

Options

Replies

• mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look amazing! You look so fit and healthy now...and YOUNGER!! Good for you for not letting your age get in the way of achieving your goals! You are an inspiration to me and thank you for sharing your story :)

Thanks Diana. Congrats to you as well on your great loss. Your story is inspirational also - just proves we don't have to live in the past, but can overcome anything for a better future.
  • mikemsu
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look so great now! You look happier, too!! :) Congrats on your weight loss!

Thank you! YES, I feel so much happier now. I can do so much more in life that it's hard to contain myself at times. I see you said you got off Facebook. While I haven't gone that far, i do find myself on MFP a LOT more than Facebook. Keep up the good work and best wishes on hitting your goals. You've got some handsome guys there as well.
  • mikemsu
    Options
    Amazing transformation - congratulations!

Looks like you had a great time skiing! My son and I are going to Caberfae when he is home on spring break next month.

Thank you. Though it was one of the Arctic Blast days we had, the skiing was so much fun. Can't wait to get back again. Have fun with your son on spring break. The snow and hills were great there.
  • bettycrockernot
    Options
    WOW, I am so very happy for you! Very inspiring! :smile:
  • blakeevan04
    blakeevan04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!
  • eadebeaux
    eadebeaux Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO Ernie! Thank you for sharing your story! WOW...you have come a LONG way, and your story is truly Inspiring and Amazing! You ROCK Ernie! HOW EXCITING!!!!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    MsMarlaJean - I'm not sure that I am on maintenance yet. I've have upped my calories for the last month (lost another 3 lbs.!) and am still toning and seeing where I end up. My Dr. and a personal trainer I consulted with midway through my journey and again recently both think I am about where I should be.

Wow Mike That's Great! I often think about how it will be on maintenence. My main goal is to be overal fit and healthy, I'm just not sure where that will be for me since I don't think I've ever been there :laugh: except maybe in bootcamp!
    My secondary goal is to lower my Body Fat % to somewhere between 20-25%, so I guess whatever I weigh when that happens will probably be where I start maintence.
    How exciting for you to be so close! Congratulations on all your hard work and as I said before All the best for the rest of your Healthy Journey!!! :bigsmile:
  • Mom2eio
    Options
    Congratulations on this huge accomplishment! Your story is very motivational for those of us beginning this journey. I hope this time next year I can post a similar story.
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I loved reading your post and seeing your success. Congratulations! Just think of all the energy and additional years of health you will have to enjoy time with your precious little granddaughter! :flowerforyou:
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a wonderful HUGE acheivment! Thank you for sharing your story :)
  • 902sexxi
    902sexxi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You look great!
  • Dyan2lose2014
    Dyan2lose2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and inspirational journey! You look fantastic! I'm scared I'll have a lot of loose skin hanging when I lose the weight and think that is one of the things holding me back from reaching my goal.
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous inspiration you are! Well done.
  • coullmom
    coullmom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look way younger....congrats!! You will be around a long time for your granddaughter!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Great dedication, congrats!
  • Byemyfatself
    Byemyfatself Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look great!! :drinker:
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    awesome job! thank you!
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!! I am very happy for you. The pictures are fantastic. You look wonderful now !!!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success story!
  • susanwair
    susanwair Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is amazing - you should be very proud of yourself and I bet you feel great :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!