Husband forgot a double anniversary!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• chrisvinci
    Options
    Did he forgot your anniversary when you were dating?
  • Greytfish
    Options
    Wow you are getting some harsh commentary here. As someone who hates birthdays, forgot my own anniversary, and generally thinks most hallmark moments are BS, I can't really relate. On the other hand, if this was important to you, and you made that clear, I can understand your disappointment and I think you have a right to it. If I let my husband know something is important to me WHATEVER that may be, and he blows it off, gets it wrong, or doesn't appear to care - I am pissed and let him know. And believe me, after 25 years, it is a two-way street. I don't think this is about your anniversary, honey. It is about your disappointment in your marriage. And that sucks.

Wow! That is reaching pretty far to tell her she is disappointed in her marriage.

What could possibly be disappointing about being married to a criminal who cheated and took his ring off? :noway:

If mixing up the dates for an extravagant celebration of a day he probably no longer enjoys is the disappointing part, you just might be staring at a tree and not notice you're in a dark forest.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    He's cheated on me and taken his ring off... so not so funny. cause he did that already

And he's a criminal...sorry but NO. You should be heading to divorce court, not a hotel and limo, IMHO.

If she is still with him, that is up to her. Don't every women start telling her what she should be doing. This isn't your marriage.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I just lost my husband to cancer after 35 years of marriage. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's all over Before you know it and all this little carp doesn't mean carp in the big picture. :frown:

This really puts things in perspective. So sorry for your loss.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I really think it's a "guy thing" not to offend any guys on here though!

Nope. My wife can remember the date, but she can't remember the year - and thus, can't remember how long we've been married. BTW - it was 1998, so 15-1/2 years.

OP: It could be worse. He could forget he's married. :laugh:

He's cheated on me and taken his ring off... so not so funny. cause he did that already

OMG!

Just break up!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My husband planned an anniversary outing, but forgot when our anniversary was and planned it on the wrong day... why does this bother me so much... because a year ago on our anniversary he was apprehended and questioned by investigators, regarding something I am not at liberty to talk about, and i remember how sad it made me because I had big plans for our day (luxury car, massage, spa, private room in a nice restaurant, night out in a nice hotel, etc... all cancelled).

So, let me get this straight...he was apprehended and question in what was likely one of the worst days of his life and you were sad because you had to cancel dinner???

That's honestly just a miniscule part of it... but like I said I can't go into details.... likely one of the worst days of his life = he knew what he was doing and still did it and got caught and ended up hurting his wife and 3 kids in the process

Please...

Just break up!
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for facebook my husband wouldn't know I have a birthday. Yours remembered to plan something to make you feel special. Even if its on the wrong day, just take it and be happy.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    download_zps2e5e8ab5.jpg
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The only reason we can remember our wedding anniv is because its 9/11.

My husband remembers my birthday because its the same day as his brothers.

He has trouble remembering our kids birthdays though.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    What's a "double" anniversary?
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds like OP is half the problem. Can you please let your husband come tell his side of the story.

DIS GON BE GOOD.
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    Without details, I'm not going with mafia, i'm going with insider trading or embezzlement just based on OP's tastes and his willingness to proceed regardless.

I fear OP that since this was a traumatic day in his life he may WANT to forget and if you want to stay with him, you might want to have a recommitment ceremony or whatever they call those like second wedding or something. I think he and you both probably need to redefine and solidify your marriage post his mistake and it will also give you the opportunity to select a NEW wedding date which you will celebrate.

When you select the church to renew your vows I'd suggest asking them to provide you the same counseling they make new married couples take, just to see if your high expectations and demanding nature in any way led him to take such drastic measures willingly as to end up in handcuffs. You never know you might come out MORE committed, honest and bonded to one another than ever before once you suss out how that predicament really came about from you two and where his heart truly is despite the consequences of his mistaken actions.

Are you kidding??? The guy commits a crime (KNOWS it's a crime and does it anyway!), and cheats on her and you want to say she's possibly to blame??? Thanks for setting women back 50 yrs...maybe she should just greet him at the door, barefoot, apron on and drink in hand... SMH....
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Nope. My wife can remember the date, but she can't remember the year - and thus, can't remember how long we've been married. BTW - it was 1998, so 15-1/2 years.

OP: It could be worse. He could forget he's married. :laugh:

:huh: So it sounds like this anniversary thing should be NBD in comparison.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    We got married on 12/12 because we're both terrible with dates. And I'm worse than he is...the only reason I can remember his birthday is because it's exactly one month after Valentine's day, LOL...
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Well these posts make me feel inadequate....I have a calendar on the fridge, a daytimer in my purse, and I use post it notes all over to remind me of dates, and things that need to be done. If I don't, I seriously forget. My mind goes at warp speed all day and I just forget. :sad:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a couple of kittens as a wedding present when we got married as he knew I'd always wanted a cat. Fast forward to the following year and I mix up our first wedding anniversary (11th of the month) with the cat's first birthday (22nd of the month)! Even I couldn't bluff that I'd bought him a tin of tuna as a wedding present LOL Fortunately he found it funny (and we've been together 20 years this year, married 13 of those).
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options

And he's a criminal...sorry but NO. You should be heading to divorce court, not a hotel and limo, IMHO.

If she is still with him, that is up to her. Don't every women start telling her what she should be doing. This isn't your marriage.

When you ask for marital advice on a fitness page, you get...advice about your marriage. Especially when you disclose your husband was arrested for a crime on your last anniversary and he cheats on you. But yeah, that is no reason to be disappointed in your marriage. Thanks for clarifying that. And BTW you may want to reconsider telling "every women" what they can and can't do.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both don't care about birthdays and anniversaries. I guess we are a good match that way. It's the interaction you have with him the other 364 days of the year that matters, not one particular day.

Those things are not mutually exclusive. You can certainly cherish and have fun the "other 364 days" yet still want to celebrate the day the love of you life was brought into this world and sent on an incredible path that would eventually lead to you, or celebrate the day you publically proclaimed your love.

I mean, it's great if you are with someone who doesn't care about those things if you don't care about those things. That does make you a good match for each other, but it doesn't mean that everyone else is doing it wrong.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    2ps4rw8.jpg

Some are not good with remembering dates...I say put a big "heart" on the calendar and let him know that's the date you want to celebrate your anniversary.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Well these posts make me feel inadequate....I have a calendar on the fridge, a daytimer in my purse, and I use post it notes all over to remind me of dates, and things that need to be done. If I don't, I seriously forget. My mind goes at warp speed all day and I just forget. :sad:

I hate to inform you of this, but it appears you might be a guy.