Husband forgot a double anniversary!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• darbydh1982
    darbydh1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I understand that the date is important to you, but after all it is still a number on a calendar. Your glossing over the fact that he planned something! It would have been much worse if he had forgotten it all together.

Don't sweat the small stuff and be thankful for what you have.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    He's cheated on me and taken his ring off... so not so funny. cause he did that already

And he's a criminal...sorry but NO. You should be heading to divorce court, not a hotel and limo, IMHO.

If she is still with him, that is up to her. Don't every women start telling her what she should be doing. This isn't your marriage.

When you ask for marital advice on a fitness page, you get...advice about your marriage. Especially when you disclose your husband was arrested for a crime on your last anniversary and he cheats on you. But yeah, that is no reason to be disappointed in your marriage. Thanks for clarifying that. And BTW you may want to reconsider telling "every women" what they can and can't do.

I completely agree with you. And I shouldn't have used "every". Advise is all good and fine. I just don't feel that anyone should ever tell someone to divorce a person and they know nothing about both parties. If that is something she wants to do fine and I'm not saying she doesn't have the right considering the info she gave. I just hold my marriage special and we keep the "D" word out of the house.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's what the calendar on the smart phone is for...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a couple of kittens as a wedding present when we got married as he knew I'd always wanted a cat. Fast forward to the following year and I mix up our first wedding anniversary (11th of the month) with the cat's first birthday (22nd of the month)! Even I couldn't bluff that I'd bought him a tin of tuna as a wedding present LOL Fortunately he found it funny (and we've been together 20 years this year, married 13 of those).

You're adorable!
    Funny-gif-cat-hugging-plush-toy.gif
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Meh. Cut him some slack. As far as being detained and questioned, you probably should have left that part out of the story.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options

I completely agree with you. And I shouldn't have used "every". Advise is all good and fine. I just don't feel that anyone should ever tell someone to divorce a person and they know nothing about both parties. If that is something she wants to do fine and I'm not saying she doesn't have the right considering the info she gave. I just hold my marriage special and we keep the "D" word out of the house.

No one completely agrees with me. It's a bad idea...

I think it is awesome how you feel about your marriage and very refreshing. Keep up the good work.
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    Divorce.

Boom, mikey's internet rule in three posts!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    why is it important? Is he married to you? Does he treat you good? Is he celebrating the day you got married regardless of the day it is?

I think you have a lot to be thankful for and less going on the internet to make your husband look bad and more respecting him would go a long way.

#JMHO
  • Branawesomer
    Branawesomer Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    This is a long replied post so I didn't read thru half the comments so forgive me if this has been said but if you knew he put it on the wrong date, why didn't you just say "hey, our anni is this day, not the one you put it on"? I mix up dates all the time but I know I've mixed them up because someone TOLD me I did! I use google calendar and it send me texts for reminders, maybe that would be an option. But yea, just tell him its the wrong day every bloody year he does it! :D
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    WIKIPEDIA: "n Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory, [2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]"

So I guess I may be an accidental troll....?

I'm not trying to get anything special from posting this, just seeing if I am overreacting by being upset....

The back story was to emphasize how it shouldn't be that difficult to remember when something that significant happened just a year ago...on the same day! He has apologized and admitted his mistake about the date and at least remembers the month and year!

Oh and I made my choice a year ago to stay with my husband, people make mistakes and we are all fallible, and ALL worthy of forgiveness.

I think you have your answer right here, OP. Forgive him, enjoy your evening on "the wrong day", and move on.

This! Definitely this!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 42 years, 43 next month, and the only year that he EVER got the date right was the year I was busy with a project ( I'm a gourd artist) and forgot all about the anniversary myself until he presented me with a scrapbook full of photos of my gourd art, and I was saying "Thanks, what's this for? Anniversary? Hell, was it this month?..."
    We don't do anything special anyway, just go out to a restaurant for dinner, we don't usually bother with cards or gifts. Not a big priority.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    maybe its just me and I didn't read all of the other responses, but what if he wasn't here to celebrate tomorrow? Why not let it go? I get that its an important date, but not everyone is great at remembering exact dates. Let the fact that he forgot the actual date go and be happy that he made big plans to celebrate. Choose your battles...
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    It's not just a "guy thing"... I'm a chick and I can't remember my anniversary all the time either. I am horrible at remembering dates cuz it's just not my thing I guess. And I really don't give a rip! Most important thing is to love :heart: each other unconditionally.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 42 years, 43 next month, and the only year that he EVER got the date right was the year I was busy with a project ( I'm a gourd artist) and forgot all about the anniversary myself until he presented me with a scrapbook full of photos of my gourd art, and I was saying "Thanks, what's this for? Anniversary? Hell, was it this month?..."
    We don't do anything special anyway, just go out to a restaurant for dinner, we don't usually bother with cards or gifts. Not a big priority.

That is so sweet!
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    this is why we picked a memorable day to get married -- July 4th.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Deleted
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    im horrible with numbers. ill tell you its 10.5 and its probably closer to 6 (maybe 6.5 if its really humid)

if i say it was 45 minutes its probably closer to 5.36 minutes

im just bad with numbers all around, dates or otherwise

Wait....Are you my husband????
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    im horrible with numbers. ill tell you its 10.5 and its probably closer to 6 (maybe 6.5 if its really humid)

if i say it was 45 minutes its probably closer to 5.36 minutes

im just bad with numbers all around, dates or otherwise

Wait....Are you my husband????

honey...we need to talk
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Not of our marriage- I honestly couldn't be sure which day, month or year that happened- it didn't matter too much to either of us. Because, of course it was only the day we signed legal documents for the state... and we only did it to protect our son. So, the meaningful one, which happens in February is when we fell in love- when our true union began. We have never celebrated an anniversary until now. It never hurt my feelings because I know how dedicated, loyal, loving and honorable he is and I am. Why do people get hung up on these pre-ordained days? Valentines day...? etc. Do people wait and hold out for those days to be shown some dramatic observation in order to feel loved and appreciated, respected? Is it because they don't feel that all along... and then when the day comes and there is nothing special going on, then it is further evidence of a lack of love etc? I know I am in the minority here, but I guess I care more about meaningful gestures of love and appreciation all along the way versus holding out for the one day to prove love, caring, appreciation. I go for the truly meaningful versus the forced, commercially driven, designated days.