Remind me why I shouldn't eat a donut.

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The donuts will still be there when you're thin.. they aren't going anywhere (unfortunately) and will be waiting for you...

Is there some reason you can eat donuts when you're thin but not when you're not thin...?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    You don't eat donuts, you marry them. They stay with you forever.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I would have the damn donut.

I don't have them daily and I can fit a single Krispy Kreme donut into my Macros and Calories with no problem.

I refuse to give up any foods. Moderation is where it is at!

Word.
  • Taauhi
    Options
    Moderation is really the key here. There was a time when I fit a Cinnabon danish into my diary every day and hardly ever exceeded my macros. You'll have to make some trade-offs (salad instead of sandwich for lunch), but you can still eat those kind of foods if you're smart about it. If, however, you want a low-carb alternative that is still pretty delicious, I suggest checking out this site: foodiefiasco.com. She has a ton of low-carb recipes (including this one for donuts: http://www.foodiefiasco.com/all-for-one-low-carb-krispy-kreme-donuts/) that are relatively easy to follow and will actually pack on some nutritional value to those treats.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You don't eat donuts, you marry them. They stay with you forever.

God, I wish. Eternal Krispy Kreme sounds like heaven.
  • Angelique123x
    Angelique123x Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Because their main ingredient is cellulite! ????????
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, donuts.

Also, jonnythan, your throwback pic is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No.
  • RitaLR
    Options
    Because your body isn't a waste bin. Just because its there, does not mean you have to put it in your body.

This fits nicely with my personal philosophy of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should." I tend to forget it when there is free food staring me in the face.
  • RitaLR
    Options
    It seems there are way more people in the "eat the donut" camp. I ended up surveying my office to see if anyone would mind if I moved the box to a different breakroom down the hall. They agreed and the donuts were gone by noon! Donut temptation averted, for now...
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Because the effects are worse than a hangover.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Because that means you're not allowed lunch, and everybody loves lunch.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I had a donut the other day, it was 400+ calories. That was lunch. Then I was hungry before dinner but I just had enough calories left for dinner. I didn't want to exercise more either, so I spent a couple of hungry hours.

If it fits in your calories, then go for it. If you want to work some more for it, then go for it. If neither of those is true, then don't.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think of the "16 lbs I have gained" since Thanksgiving and all the potlucks at my work, go for a walk, then devour the bag of spinach leaves and a grilled chicken breast sitting on my desk for breakfast.

The donut is 20 lbs away, so MAYBE next year.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take one home and if you want to eat it later then do so...

Unfortunately, it has been my office experience that this is frowned upon by co-workers. Just picture yourself softly wrapping it in a napkin and making the long walk back to your desk, walking by everyone as they stare at the guy TAKING a doughnut. Then slipping it into your desk drawer, only to hand carry it out as you wave goodbye to the receptionist at the front, mistakenly with the doughnut in hand; and all the while she is thinking..."that jerk, they were gone when I got there."

But honestly, eat the doughnut. My wife and I have a sausage and cheese kolache every sunday on the way to church from Shipley's. They are amazing, and send my calorie count to tilt for the day but it isn't going to derail me.
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Because it stays in your system for 3 days.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat the donut, log it, and deal with it.

Today is my sister's birthday. I'm not stressing about the cake. I looked up the calories this morning, pre-logged it, planned the rest of my day around it, and will enjoy it when it is time.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Because it stays in your system for 3 days.

dafuq? :huh:
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I posted almost this same thing this morning. After I already had my healthy breakfast I went to work and had two glaze donuts and a sausage roll. 890 calories and it wasnt even 10am.... Bout to go to the gym now and it wont happen again after seeing that on my food tracker. But they were delicious :)

I like the post your coworker sneezed on them lol. I need to think that everytime I see them lol
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Eh. Because are donuts worth it?

If there were cookies, I might say just go for it!! But for the calorie content and flavor, donuts aren't very satisfying to me. They feel so light and dissatisfying. I like something with a bit more of a chewy or solid texture.

If donuts are your thing, maybe you can eat one every once in a while. If you're eating them because they're free, really think about whether they're worth it for you. Free or not, what are they contributing to your health/tastebuds/satisfaction??