• HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    So awesome!
    I'm feeling the awesomeness here too
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Why not? Stuff is cheap there. More fun for less. Get a big tub of pudding, some two-dollah pillows, see where it goes.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So where he hell am I supposed to pick women?

On here perhaps? Lots of others have.

Well hello there...

Hello little boy. Behave I'm married and my baby is older than you. But your knife is hot, only because I love to cook and have BIG knives.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    It's wrong to pick up girls at Walmart because if I was looking for a date I'd be at a bar, or a club, or a concert. I would not be buying groceries. If some women like it, cool, but most are going to laugh and roll their eyes and 'I bet that's the kind of guy who asks out a hundred women a week with no discernible criteria. Stay away!'

Really? So the fact that I wouldn't touch a girl I met at a bar, club, or concert with YOUR hands...has no relevance?

I'd much rather meet an attractive woman at a grocery store...than at a bar.

Yeah, but Walmart????

You're going to judge someone for shopping at Walmart? Uh... you're there, too.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    maybe i'm missing something but whats wrong with a guy showing interest here?
    I think it's because way to many women are certifiably insane.

And as for who would try and pick someone up outside of a bar who they have nothing in common with, IF he was trying to hit on her, she was buying whey, he asked if she lifts, obviously he thought they may have something in common. You know, other than "whooa you like tequila shots to?! "
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem. It was a pretty good conversation starter. There are women who don't go to bars and don't have the money for a concert every weekend. Sexual harassment is obviously unwanted and inappropriate, but no one is immune to strangers talking to them in public. Why restrict where people can approach each other? (I'm sure there are some places people can think of that would be weird, but the store is not one of them.)
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I would love it if a nice single guy who was attracted to me started a conversation at Walmart or whatever other grocery store I might be at. I've had guys smile at me, some several times as we passed each other in different aisles but I'm too chicken to strike up a conversation.

ETA... it said "if a guy who was attracted to me" Thought I should specify that he be nice and single : )
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting a woman in a basket, it's not easy and then the weird looks you get from the cashier it's just too much hassle. Oh serious question, some say it's actually the best place to meet someone, you can actually hear what each other is saying so why not go with it.
  • boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Nice lol
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Also, I know I shouldn't LOL about divorce, and I know it's not their fault the thread got bumped, but LOL.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I don't see the problem. It was a pretty good conversation starter. There are women who don't go to bars and don't have the money for a concert every weekend. Sexual harassment is obviously unwanted and inappropriate, but no one is immune to strangers talking to them in public. Why restrict where people can approach each other? (I'm sure there are some places people can think of that would be weird, but the store is not one of them.)

My cousins (2 females) tried to set me up with a guy at their dad's funeral. THAT was weird. Walmart... not so much.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    And this is why I no longer, smile, say hello to or even nod an acknowledgment to women I don't know. Too many think that any form of friendliness constitutes "hitting on them".
  • PaleoChocolateBearJr
    Options
    True event that just occurred.

I went to Walmart to pick up a few groceries, I was in the aisle with protein powders and such. I needed some more whey protein and had a container in one hand and was reading the label off some other muscle building powder in the other hand. A guy walks up next to me....(I did not have my wedding ring on because I had been doing yard work today and forgot to put it back on.)

Guy: "Hey, you lift?"
    Me: "Yeah, I lift."
    Guy: Hmm, sooo what do you lift?"
    Me: "I lift a 2 1/2 year old....what do you lift?"

That was it for him, scared him off....laughed my *kitten* off. Don't try to pick woman up in Walmart people...please! :laugh:

He probably at first all like

yay-wait.gif

Then he was like

yay-wait2.gif
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    And this is why I no longer, smile, say hello to or even nod an acknowledgment to women I don't know. Too many think that any form of friendliness constitutes "hitting on them".

While I agree, I did have some direct, obvious attempts when I worked there. Most boiled down to *sucks teeth* "MMM.... you're pretty thick for a white girl..." *leers*
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Perfect response!
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    How is "do you lift?" automatically an attempt to pick someone up? I get it, the OP is cute, but maybe he was actually making small talk about something he thought was a mutual interest. If the Walmart patron had been another woman, would she have assumed that she was trying to pick her up?
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Maybe he was genuinely interested in the lifting, or just surprised that he found a woman who lifts. Maybe he just wanted some advice, but then you scared him away with your response, when he realized you thought he was hitting on you and he was embarrassed. Some people just like to chat in the store, like me. :-P

This is kind of what I was thinking too...maybe i'm just getting old.. :indifferent:
  • howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options

Seriously don't let 'them' change YOU.

Keep doing what you do and if they are complete strangers some will be friendly and some wont.

If they are people you see regularly (like at work etc) you can simply choose to never hold the door for them, say hello or whatever ever again.
  • JamesRustler
    JamesRustler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love it!

And for single moms, this is a great way to weed out the dirt bags who aren't "into kids". :wink:

Unless he's some kind of cuckold, why would a man want to date a woman who has kids?

A woman has a kid with some stud and then expects some other loser male to take care of it? You have got to be kidding!